What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

A very beautiful cursive hand you have! :clap1:

Thank you Gobblecup - still trying and trying to do better everyday :blush:

BEAUTIFUL writing and I LOVE that ink. Could you share what it is please?

BEAUTIFUL writing and I LOVE that ink. Could you share what it is please?

Ditto here...

Hello Grendel2000 and Wickwack, the ink I used is caran d'ache saffron and i love it too !! It shades wonderfully everytime !!

https://imgur.com/8TOQh8v

"Oey !! Gimme back my pen !"

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

@djed

the black ink is an 'Indian Ink' which was a mistake using it in this pen, as it dried out too quickly.

the Indian Ink is definitely a mistake in ANY fountain pen as it usually contains shellac which will totally clog up the feed and internals of "normal" fountain pens... there are a couple that have existed that are supposed to be OK with Indian Ink but I have found that they too suffer badly from Indian Ink... best to only use Indian ink with dip pens...

Edited by TrevorML

@djed

the black ink is an 'Indian Ink' which was a mistake using it in this pen, as it dried out too quickly.

the Indian Ink is definitely a mistake in ANY fountain pen as it usually contains shellac which will totally clog up the feed and internals of "normal" fountain pens... there are a couple that have existed that are supposed to be OK with Indian Ink but I have found that they too suffer badly from Indian Ink... best to only use Indian ink with dip pens...

Our friend here is correct, India ink is a no no in fountain pens. ;)

Gobblecup ~

+1 compliments to Apotheosis' cursive. Clear but impressive. :clap1:

@Apotheosis, which pen/nib do you used?

Edited by Warriah
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5170/firma4nl.jpg

Okay, here's my ordinary everyday handwriting (the only kind I've got, besides the fairly neat printing I do when drawing diagrams). I've always thought it was pretty bad, but at least I can read it, even months or years later. The paper is a page from a Hilroy notebook, with 4 squares to the inch, ruled in a very slightly bluish shade of grey. The pen is a late 1980s Sheaffer No Nonsense, with a medium nib and Sheaffer Jet Black ink.

post-15411-0-67564600-1294590224.jpg

I'd like to get some opinions on this writing. It's clearly not purely cursive, but it's not straight printing either. I think it's sort of a messy italic script. One thing I've noticed that I do that I haven't seen elsewhere is that I always connect the cross bar of my lowercase "t" with the next character. Notice the "te" in "notebook" for instance.

Looking forward to your comments.

Stefan Vorkoetter

Visit my collection of fountain pen articles at StefanV.com.

A pen from my collection:

spacer.png

Nice handwriting, Stefanv. My own handwriting is a combination of joined and unjoined letters, and I just refer to it as a "loose cursive" at times, and other times as "my handwriting" ;). I think it's interesting how you've noticed that you connect your "t" to the next letter. I noticed that you connect your letter "i" with the letter preceding it, but not when the preceding letter is an "s" — and you don't join to the letter which follows the "i".

Nice handwriting, Stefanv.

Thanks!

And you don't join to the letter which follows the "i".

I think that's because I'm in the habit of dotting the "i" right after I've written it. That's the same reason for my connected "t"s, since I cross them right away and then keep writing. I guess it's good that I don't connect the dot of the "i" to the next letter. :)

Stefan Vorkoetter

Visit my collection of fountain pen articles at StefanV.com.

A pen from my collection:

spacer.png

I think that's because I'm in the habit of dotting the "i" right after I've written it. That's the same reason for my connected "t"s, since I cross them right away and then keep writing. I guess it's good that I don't connect the dot of the "i" to the next letter. :)

That made me think. I'm the exact opposite. I always immediately cross my "t" but go back and dot my "i" later. For that reason, my t's are always joined to the next letter by crossbar, and my i's are always underlinked to the next letter!

Doug

Here's my horrifying writing! :roflmho:

20110110-t2dp2atpku3rbs752g122q2p2h.jpg

I just got a FedEx shipment with a "new" (to me) manual 50mm ƒ1.7 lens for my Pentax *istDL camera, which is what I used to shoot the photo in case you're wondering. The notebook is a Moleskine 8.whatever x 5.whatever. Pen is a Parker 51 Special and I was trying to run out the ink that it came loaded with. Yes, most of my writing is blurred in the photo, but you aren't missing out on anything! LOL The lens is lacking an "A" on the aperture ring, so I think the camera defaults to whatever the most open aperture setting is. I can't change depth of field whether I shoot with the aperture ring on 22 or 1.7. I got the lens for dirt cheap, though, so it'll serve its purpose.

Steve. Just plain ol' Steve.

That made me think. I'm the exact opposite. I always immediately cross my "t" but go back and dot my "i" later. For that reason, my t's are always joined to the next letter by crossbar, and my i's are always underlinked to the next letter!

Doug

Hey me too!

We can trust the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. - Immanual Kant

I just got a FedEx shipment with a "new" (to me) manual 50mm ƒ1.7 lens for my Pentax *istDL camera, which is what I used to shoot the photo in case you're wondering. The notebook is a Moleskine 8.whatever x 5.whatever. Pen is a Parker 51 Special and I was trying to run out the ink that it came loaded with. Yes, most of my writing is blurred in the photo, but you aren't missing out on anything! LOL The lens is lacking an "A" on the aperture ring, so I think the camera defaults to whatever the most open aperture setting is. I can't change depth of field whether I shoot with the aperture ring on 22 or 1.7. I got the lens for dirt cheap, though, so it'll serve its purpose.

If it were me, I'd get the lens serviced so you have more options. That said, I was going to comment how much I liked your composition. I like the way this presents your handwriting with the very narrow depth of field and the page at an angle. The colors are nice too.

And for my part, although it's not nearly as nice as so many of the other posts, here's a sample of my chicken scratch. I'm actually considering a different nib to try to spice things up and have been perusing what others are using. I am intrigued though at some of the samples using factory Pelikan M400 nibs. Maybe I should simply try getting of stainless steel?

post-45433-0-02175700-1295459627.jpg

Great thread!

Here's an example of my everyday handwriting:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9910/cursive.jpg

:P

Coppilcus: That's beautiful, the sepia colour suits your handwriting. And I like how you used the notebook sideways.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Coppilcus: That's beautiful, the sepia colour suits your handwriting. And I like how you used the notebook sideways.

:embarrassed_smile:

There are so many beautiful handwriting styles here, with so much character in each!

This is my little contribution, something I whipped up quickly as I don't have anything here. As you can see, I have two very different styles of writing.

http://cl.ly/34151a2W293o3D471p3W/L1020322.jpg

I'm at my parents' and I can't find any "good" paper here. I don't even know what I wrote on. I am also running out of ink, so excuse the yuckness. Maybe I'll upload my notes taken during lectures at a later stage, but hopefully this will do for now.