What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

I would definitely agree that the Oblique is the more legible. The Stub tends toward a heavier line whereas, the Oblique is finer and the letters more clearly defined. I found the Oblique page much easier to read.

the Cat did it

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

Your hand writing looks quite nice, and the line variation is great. It's amazing how unique and personal everyone's chicken scratch is. Receiving a hand written note or letter sure beats a typed letter. It is so much more personal.

I definitely agree! A hand written note is nicer than a typed letter.

Years ago i participated briefly in the post card exchange here but, time was limited and i dropped out. Often wished i had kept it up.

If i can sucessfully post a photo i will upload my "chicken scratch" for comments.

Nice to bump into another Canadian here.

the Cat did it

Looks great!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I definitely agree! A hand written note is nicer than a typed letter.

Years ago i participated briefly in the post card exchange here but, time was limited and i dropped out. Often wished i had kept it up.

If i can sucessfully post a photo i will upload my "chicken scratch" for comments.

Nice to bump into another Canadian here.

Like wise. Eh! Always nice to meet a fellow Canadian in cyberspace.

Here is a great video that captures the passion of hand writing nicely that I posted a while ago here that perhaps some might enjoy.

Ink - Written by Hand:

Edited by max dog

IMG_20170911_105029_HDR.jpg

I like your script - it's easy to read, attractive looking and the ink color is cheery.

the Cat did it

'max dog' thanks for posting the INK video; beautiful calligraphy!

Could you please tell me what dip pen nib the young woman is using at

the 4:00 minute mark when the ink splatters on the page? My brother wants

to try writing like that but mentioned not being able to find a similar flex nib.

Regards

the Cat did it

I like your script - it's easy to read, attractive looking and the ink color is cheery.

thank you. i really appreciate your words!

to try writing like that but mentioned not being able to find a similar flex nib.

Regards

Pretty sure it's a Leonardt Principal EF Nib. There are a lot of good, flexible pens made today, and even more vintage ones. The Zebra G is a good modern flexible dip pen for beginners. If he's ready for something more challenging, then a Hunt 56 (vintage is better, modern will do) or a whole bunch of others will work. He can try a Leonardt Principal, but as you can see in the video it's more prone to catching, and the quality can be a bit spotty. When they're good, they're quite good. Or he can look for a vintage Gillott 1 Principality, which is the vintage nib the Leonardt Principle is based on. If he can find one, they go for $30+ each and don't last long. :yikes:

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Regards

Hi Inkroyable. While I'm not sure what dip pen is used in the video, from my personal experience, I find Speedball Dip Pen Holders and nibs work well and are very affordable. In Canada they sell them at craft stores like Michael's. For flex writing look for Speedball nib # 101 Imperial or 103 Mapping nib. The 101 is the best.

Note:

These steel dip nibs come dipped in factory oils to prevent them from corroding but prevents ink flow, so be sure to wipe off the oils by using tooth paste, or quickly pass it over a candle flame to burn the oils away. Saliva works too.

Edited by max dog

Here is a sample of mine from another post where I review the UCreate Sketchbook.

post-132986-0-95236700-1506220060.jpg

Edited by Retro-user

Like wise. Eh! Always nice to meet a fellow Canadian in cyberspace.

Here is a great video that captures the passion of hand writing nicely that I posted a while ago here that perhaps some might enjoy.

Ink - Written by Hand:

Nice video - thanks for sharing with us!