What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

Current Chicken Scratch Handwriting

fpn_1503711144__numerousversionsofbtmd.j

Note Red "T"

Fred

When testing.....Place tip of nib on lunula pressing exceptionally gently.

See how it responds to pressure.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

I have three handwriting types.

I usually use the middle one. I'm a chemistry teacher. When I write in the board in my classroom, I use the bottom one. The first is how I learned to write in elementary school.

post-135665-0-09573000-1503871825_thumb.jpg

I'll probably post way too many handwriting samples just because I adore handwriting.

Bic Cristal, bold vs. Sheaffer Touchdown

post-138409-0-76855200-1503910270_thumb.jpg

Here's a sample of my poor writing-everyday normal paced-four pens and four inks

1) Speedball dip pen with Speedball scarlet red acrylic ink.

2)Esterbrook, Venus F nib Diamine chocolate brown

3)Jinhao 601 F(?) with Waterman black

4) Jinhao 159 F(?) with De Atramentis Document red.

On Fabriano dot paper which I can't seem to get used too.

I learned Palmer Method years ago. The nuns made me use a fountain pen because my writing was so bad. The FP improved it markedly. Over the years I slipped away from writing and for a time printed (poorly) almost exclusively. Over the years I can back to writing-and fountain pens. Now I want to make a serious effort to improve my writing and learn other styles. There are a few things from other styles that I have adopted over time modifying the Palmer Method base a bit. I've recently decided to adopt the open bottom high topped "p" and an older "G" I've seen on many samples of early 2oth century handwriting. If I could keep my letter heights more constant my writing would be much more legible.

Pax,

John

post-137465-0-42785800-1504214415_thumb.jpg

post-137465-0-42459200-1504214431_thumb.jpg

I'll probably post way too many handwriting samples just because I adore handwriting.

Bic Cristal, bold vs. Sheaffer Touchdown

attachicon.gifBallpoint vs. Fountain Pen.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2017_2_Ink/08-August/slides/2017-08-30_Ink_17.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This is how my handwriting looks currently. I might end up winning the worst handwriting award here!!

post-138691-0-64674200-1504369074_thumb.jpg

Edited by ugrankar

First of all, this is a really great thread and I'm enjoying seeing everyone's writing.My writing is a work in progress. Here's a sample of what it looks like when I'm not thinking about it:http://rongilmour.info/images/handwritingNormal.jpgAnd here's a hand with which I'm experimenting. I can't call it "my" handwriting yet:http://rongilmour.info/images/handwritingPretty.jpgThe first sample is written with a Pelikan M205 F; the second with a Pelikan M400 EF. Both are unmodified factory nibs.

The second sample is awesome!! I hope one day I can write as good as that. Do you use arm movement when you write or finger movement or is it a mix of both? Once again, you have awesome handwriting.

This is my cursive.

fpn_1504415194__ambercursive.jpg

This is the font that I created using my print.

fpn_1504415148__amberfont.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

fpn_1504416239__2017-09-02-ink_01.jpg

fpn_1504415148__amberfont.jpg

fpn_1504416292__2017-09-02-ink_02.jpg

Here's a picture of my handwriting:

ofrywdD.jpg

Not as nice as some members. I have to improve..

Edited by arthurm

MB 146

fpn_1505094638__jimmiewebb.jpg

Fred

For Yew Eye Live {smileyfacethingie}

Your hand writing looks quite nice, and the line variation is great. It's amazing how unique and personal everyone's chicken scratch is. Receiving a hand written note or letter sure beats a typed letter. It is so much more personal.

Your hand writing looks quite nice, and the line variation is great. It's amazing how unique and personal everyone's chicken scratch is. Receiving a hand written note or letter sure beats a typed letter. It is so much more personal.

Thank you.

Each is distinct..like a snowflake.

Absolutely. I send handwritten letter{s} and they reply in kind. {freakin' happysmileyfacetimethingie}

It sure is.

Fred

My normal daily handwriting in two different nibs. I find the Broad smoother than the Oblique, but think the oblique is more legible. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the two samples: