What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

ASA Trans-Nauka inked with Iroshizuku Yama Budo. And my handwriting looks like this as below:

img_20160705_0845111.jpg?w=1000

img_20160705_0846401.jpg?w=1000

img_20160705_0849151.jpg?w=1000

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

Pilot Stubs are more like Cursive Italics and have amazing line variation.

img_20160706_1429521.jpg?w=1000

vaibhav mehandiratta

It's been a while...

A...

post-126518-0-90405900-1468220498_thumb.jpg

“Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith! Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge!”

“I know it's not thematically in tune with my new job and all, but I find it effective. Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day," I say. "But set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Tao of Pratchett. I live by it.”

Just received my oblique dip pen today. I'm still pretty shaky as I learn to keep my wrist off of the table. Yes, I haven't figured out how I want to cross my t's, good spacing, or how to concentrate on my writing and remember that words like "and" have an 'n' in the middle! My capitals are also nothing to write home about. It's a work in progress. :)

Question for you all: how do you keep your paper from moving around? I have it on top of a few pages of random paper (the top one has guidelines printed on it), I try to hold the actual sheet with my off (left) hand but then end up smudging the ink (as you can see in the top line.) I also find the TR paper to be so thin/light that I can't hold it by a single side and write across. I have to adjust my hold-hand almost as much as I do my writing hand. (Pretty sure that indicates I'm doing something wrong.)

Leonardt Principal nib on A5 TR cream paper. I would to thank Vicary for the ink (which I believe is Private Reserve Spearmint).

I find the TR paper so thin and movable I can't use it with dip pens. The only way I can make it work is to tape it down with masking or washi tape. And then you risk tearing it when you remove the tape. I use heavier, 32-lb paper for dip pens. I hold it with my left hand while I write with my right.

Always write on some sort of non-hard surface when writing with flexible dip nibs. It makes a huge difference over a hard surface.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I have been meaning to travel off lately and thus today’s thought is inspired from travel. The thought is kinda a reminder to myself to get a travel plan in place and the target is to travel to Cherrapunji and nearby areas and also get to see living root bridges.

The thought for today was penned down via Kaweco Sports Skyline inked with Diamine Monaco Red. It is a beautiful mint coloured special edition pen.

img_20160712_090449.jpg?w=1000

img_20160712_085130.jpg?w=1000

These pen are amazing value for money. And are especially suited for rough usage.

img_20160712_090518.jpg?w=1000

img_20160712_085717.jpg?w=1000

vaibhav mehandiratta

ONYX, a lovely ebonite pen from Guider Pens in use today which is inked with home-brew mix of Camlin Scarlet Red and Camlin Royal Blue.

The nib on this has been replaced with Wality #8 nib which is self grind to Medium Cursive Italic.

The word of the day is : Intransigence

img_20160713_0831571.jpg?w=1000

img_20160713_082u83812.jpg?w=1000

vaibhav mehandiratta

I find the TR paper so thin and movable I can't use it with dip pens. The only way I can make it work is to tape it down with masking or washi tape. And then you risk tearing it when you remove the tape. I use heavier, 32-lb paper for dip pens. I hold it with my left hand while I write with my right.

Always write on some sort of non-hard surface when writing with flexible dip nibs. It makes a huge difference over a hard surface.

Not really a readily available solution here, but in the 80-90s plotters had electrostatic drawing surfaces keeping nearly any paper fixed to the surface when on. Maybe some spin-off of such board?

Ik ontken het grote belang van de computer niet, maar vind het van een stuitende domheid om iets wat al millennia zijn belang heeft bewezen daarom overboord te willen gooien (Ann De Craemer)

Writing out my initial notes to prepare for a workshop on Developing a Strong Leadership Team. Ranga Model 8, with Noodler's Flex nib. Diamine Sherwood Green.

fpn_1468449148__leadershipwritingsampled

fpn_1468699525__standbymebking.jpg

Fred

I see trees of green red roses too

I see them bloom for me and you

And I think to myself

What A Wonderful World

Louis Armstrong

Oh Yeah!