Let's see your watch and fountain pen photos

BostonWIS

Hi,

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1392/1407173215_49b18d530f.jpg

This is the Aurora 888C, Aurora Torino Ice, and Stipula La 91 with a Giardino Italiano inkpot. :)

The watch is a Nivrel Plexy and Steel Deep Sea and is made of Polycarbonate. It has a Miyota calibre with 21 Jewels and Automatic winding.

I have very few watches, something to the tune of a Rolex Cellini in 18K (which I intend to sell), this Nivrel, and a Pop Swatch. This watch is 41.5 MM. I used to used something a lot smaller from 30-26MM. I did have to knock quite a bunch of links out of the bracelet to fit it to my wrist. :)

All the items in this picture were bought (the ink pot was a gift though) from giardino.it, a truly wonderful place to deal with.

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shangas

• winedoc

• da vinci

• George.A

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are some great pic everyone! For those who participate in one/some, which watch forum(s) do you recommend for the beginning watch tinkerer who is looking for a friendly, and helpful experience?

Quick pic of my Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean, pen & watch pics to follow.

Kind regards to all.

NIGEL

Exploding Ink Maestro

Pens: Caran d'Ache Leman Godron, Lamy Safari, Italix Parsons Essential, Mont Blanc LeGrande '90 years' Edition, Sigma Style, Italix Vipers Strike, Parker Sonnet, Omas 360, Parker Duofold (c.1950), Conway Stewart #286, Conway Stewart #24, Onoto Magna Classic in Chased Midnight Blue and SS Trim

I just want to find out an answer to question that I have got from some time in my mind (maybe because I am thinking about new watch).

Are you - FP writers - wearing mechanical / automatic watches or quartz ones?

just wondering...

I'm not wearing my watch - I'm carrying it. :)

I've got a mechanical pocket watch... it's a relatively cheap one (~$30), but I like the fact that it seem almost "alive." :happyberet:

It'd make some great pics with my journals, two Cross Century II's (with the watch being gold-plated, and the Cross being almost all metal [shiny chrome and a gold-plate nib], these look BEAUTIFUL together, IMHO), and Parker 51 - but my camera just plain sucks for "macro" (i.e., detailed, close-up) photography, as is being shown here.

I might try to borrow my friend's digicam...

Edited by fenrisfox

the "watchmaking and repair" forum on timezone.com would be great for someone getting into watch movements. you could also try thepurists.com, which caters to a more affluent audience. i would timezone is the fpn of the watch world.

These are some great pic everyone! For those who participate in one/some, which watch forum(s) do you recommend for the beginning watch tinkerer who is looking for a friendly, and helpful experience?

Well here we go!

Pic 1 - Delta 'Dolce Vita' FP with Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean and Noodler Luxury Blue Ink.

Pic 2 - Delta 'Dolce Vita' and Sailor 1911 'Naginata Togi'

more follows.....................

NIGEL

Exploding Ink Maestro

Pens: Caran d'Ache Leman Godron, Lamy Safari, Italix Parsons Essential, Mont Blanc LeGrande '90 years' Edition, Sigma Style, Italix Vipers Strike, Parker Sonnet, Omas 360, Parker Duofold (c.1950), Conway Stewart #286, Conway Stewart #24, Onoto Magna Classic in Chased Midnight Blue and SS Trim

and to follow on:

Pic 3 - Parker Duofold Centennial and Caran d'Ache Leman Godron with Omega Seamaster Professional

and finally pic 4 - Mr Waterman Edson & Co

Kind regards to one and all

NIGEL

Exploding Ink Maestro

Hello to one & all......

Here is my Rolex Submariner sat amongest some of my 'babies'......

Got my first Conway Stewart coming next week so will follow up with a picture of that when it gets here.

Regards

Ian.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

My Seiko Orange Monster and Pilot Knight

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/DSCN2109.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

JRodriguez, the best advice I can give?

Buy a Seiko Black Monster, and then don't log on to TimeZone. Ever.

One visit will chew up your pen budget ten times faster than anything else that doesn't require a license to operate or gas to make it go.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

JRodriguez, the best advice I can give?

Buy a Seiko Black Monster, and then don't log on to TimeZone. Ever.

One visit will chew up your pen budget ten times faster than anything else that doesn't require a license to operate or gas to make it go.

Yes, TimeZone can seriously damage your wealth!!!! :roflmho:

NIGEL

Exploding Ink Maestro

I figured I might be treading on something of a loosely gravelled (or perhaps well oiled) slippery slope rroossinck. But thanks for the warning! And as for purchases, I've actually had my eye on a Seiko Spirit SCVS013 since BostonWIS posted a pic of his. I just think it's a fantastic looking watch.

I ain't no David Bailey but here's a snap of some of my pens (Sonnet, e-motion & Carene Islands) and my Thomas Russell pocket watch.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1100/1432049949_3d56d92b80_o.jpg

Here's is the Omega 300 my dad gave me. It was his 25 year service arward from GM in 1975. It's posing along side of a Visconti VG Midi.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/ircameraman/OmegaVanG.jpg

Larry

Hamilton Ventura Automatic with green Parker Duofold.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/ircameraman/VenturaParker.jpg

Larry

post-8371-1190866443_thumb.jpg

121 Time Challenger watch and m605 Pelikan

at www.121time.com you can design your own watch and they send it to you in 10 days.

post-8371-1190866304_thumb.jpg

Edited by bezoar

"How can death be overcome? By regarding, in moments of deepest concentration, our lives and those who are part of our lives as though we already had lost them in death, only to receive them back for a little while." -Albert Schweitzer

• 2 weeks later...

Stretching the definition a bit - but here's a Stipula Etruria with a Nokia 6233. Well, it does have an analogue timpepiece on it ... :P

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/897/dsc4086avg5.jpg