Fountain Pen Museum?

Sailor Kenshin

Thanks for the links, Txomsy.

Füllhalter museum http://www.tiefburg....altermuseum.htm
Füllfederhalter-Museum in Heidelberg http://www.rhein-neckar-industriekultur.de/objekte/füllfederhalter-museum-heidelberg

Both these links are about the Heidelberg pen museum I showed a couple pictures of. As stated the city didn't allow a second floor of industrial gitter, for much of the rest of the collection.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Sailor Kenshin

• georges zaslavsky

• Albertotorinoitaly

If I hit that lottery next time it comes around to $500,000,000, I'll build one dedicated to American Writing Instruments and include dip pens (steel and gold), fountain pens, pencils, and, if we have a corner left over, ball points, etc...

Just FYI. The Pen Museum in Birmingham is not about fountain pens, but is about the incredibly important steel dip pen industry that grew up in that city to dominate the world. It's on my bucket list.

Andrew

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Why couldn't FPN members put together a Web museum? We'd already have a good start with the Reviews section. It might only take a bunch of volunteer "curators" to take responsibility for particular brands or (in the case of lesser-known brands) countries and periods, to make prioritized want-lists and solicit reviews from members in a standard form. It would be slow, but it could be wonderful when finished.ron

I think this idea has merit. While the museums mentioned in this thread sound inviting and Id love to visit them all, its not likely that I will be able to. In addition, most of them seem to be dedicated to just one brand of pen.

A virtual museum would be accessible to anyone who has access to the internet, anywhere. It could display information related to any facet of FPs. And, it wouldnt be dependent on a building lease or zoning regs. It would be as permanent as anything is these days. In fact, some people in the fishing community have already started something similar. http://www.fishingmuseum.org.uk

Edited by N2theBreach