Show us your wax seals

Rena

Hi Jackie!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response. The Richard III stamp is a very handsome design. I had no idea the engraving time would be 4 hours. I suppose I am used to seeing the “Hollywood” (film) version of a laser that cuts through something in seconds and it’s interesting to learn that the reality is very different. You have some beautiful designs at your site. I really like the Jasper Tudor dragon seal you created for The White Queen Production. Please keep up the good work! I did want to ask if you are still producing the Harry Potter wax seals that you posted in your blog, a while back? I could not find them at your site or at The Harry Potter Shop. I emailed Platform 9 ¾ and got not reply. So I’m just wondering if you are still producing these items…

http://i61.tinypic.com/297uq1.png

Jackie Carvey

www.CustomWaxNSeals.net and www.MyPersonalJewellery.co.uk

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiavonne

• Adamtrons

• Rena

• Aquinata

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Adam

The Harry Potter designs will be sold exclusively through 'Platform 9 3/4 in London, as we are not licenced to engrave the Harry Potter Seal, I suggest you contact 'Lauren' direct and register your interest. As soon as our new gift boxes arrive in the UK we will be hopefully supplying these to the Harry Potter shop in London. We are excited about the boxes, as John has created the design to fit a full sized wax seal stamp, which can be custom engraved and will take up to a 30mm size stamp head, and will contain UK Waterstons sealing wax, with the stamp head laser engraved here in the UK.

As we are due to move the end of the month, I think it will be the end of August before they are available.

Jackie Carvey

Silly for me I still need it engraved but the design

Is what I can call almost done... I'll have to tweak it a little more I think I made it a bit over the top...

http://i.imgur.com/fJ7ZQG7l.jpg

Hi Algester

This design wouldn't work on our laser as the lines are too thin, the laser beam cuts at an angle, therefore if we tried to engrave this design it wouldn't go very deep, even if we tried to do engrave many passes, this would result in a very shallow stamp which would give a disappointing result in the sealing wax - you would be one very unhappy bunny and so would we lol..... You would be much better creating a design similar to below, which lots of black area to engrave, this would allow the laser to go deeper, some thinner areas are ok, but they will result in shallower engravings..... I hope that makes sense :)

This is a design we have just engraved on a 50mm wax seal stamp, you will see the images are a strong black, I hope this helps you with creating your designs. Of course it depends on how your design is engraved and the requirements of the company producing the seal .... if you need any further help, do not hesitate to ask

carl-hibbert-50.jpg?t=1404473103

Jackie Carvey

• 1 month later...

After dreaming about it all year, I was able to have Dexter engrave my family crest on a 1.5” (38mm) brass headed desk seal. They did a spectacular job and the level of detail they achieved in such a small area is incredible. It is like a miniature sculpture that can be made and shared in wax. Even a month after receiving it, I’m still excited about it! I’d also like to say they are some of the nicest and most professional people you could ever do business with. I’m very honored that Dexter has chosen the seal as their current Facebook banner. Below are photos from concept to completion...

Family Crest Artwork

http://i60.tinypic.com/29omhxe.jpg

Completed Engraving

http://i61.tinypic.com/nxt15f.jpg

Wax Impression

http://i58.tinypic.com/2zgf5lv.jpg

Dexter Facebook page with professional photos and banner

http://i61.tinypic.com/33a7aer.jpg

Schin- Thank you!! LOL I stand in awe of Dexter's engraving abilities. I was impressed they were able to tackle such a complex project. I can't wait to send out cards this year!!

Eventually I want to get my family crest done. Not sure the best place and price or what I need to do to the pic.

post-35376-0-37700300-1408343430.gif

WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.

Wtb Sheaffer Pfm in black or blue with a medium or broad nib.

I'm jealous of everyone that have these awesome family crest!

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have the funds to get one of the Dexter seals (even though they are stunning) but I have just bought some Chinese seals, I hadn't seen much about them so thought I would post them. One was bought from the bay, the other etsy. Both came in the same box so I'm guessing they are the same seller. Anyway, onto the stamps.

The first is the Game of Thrones Stark sigil.

post-73735-0-18623000-1410016256_thumb.jpg

And second Game of Thrones Targaryen sigil.

post-73735-0-61223000-1410016269_thumb.jpg

Now I need to get some wax because the red wax I have doesn't melt... it catches on fire hence the Targaryen being in green but there they are.

What seller those look great?

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

I'm jealous of everyone that have these awesome family crest!

Ha ha. Maybe you have one too and just don't know it yet. You can check the family crests sites. You could also have one custom made for you based on your family name, profession, etc.

I don't have the funds to get one of the Dexter seals (even though they are stunning) but I have just bought some Chinese seals, I hadn't seen much about them so thought I would post them. One was bought from the bay, the other etsy. Both came in the same box so I'm guessing they are the same seller. Anyway, onto the stamps.

The first is the Game of Thrones Stark sigil.

attachicon.gif2014-08-31 16.21.15 b.jpg

And second Game of Thrones Targaryen sigil.

attachicon.gif2014-08-31 16.29.10 b.jpg

Now I need to get some wax because the red wax I have doesn't melt... it catches on fire hence the Targaryen being in green but there they are.

Those look great! I particularly like the Stark direwolf seal. Good job photographing them too.

Edited by Adamtrons

Hi Jackie!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response. The Richard III stamp is a very handsome design. I had no idea the engraving time would be 4 hours. I suppose I am used to seeing the “Hollywood” (film) version of a laser that cuts through something in seconds and it’s interesting to learn that the reality is very different. You have some beautiful designs at your site. I really like the Jasper Tudor dragon seal you created for The White Queen Production. Please keep up the good work! I did want to ask if you are still producing the Harry Potter wax seals that you posted in your blog, a while back? I could not find them at your site or at The Harry Potter Shop. I emailed Platform 9 ¾ and got not reply. So I’m just wondering if you are still producing these items…

http://i61.tinypic.com/297uq1.png

Did anyone else notice that the stamp is a positive?

If it was used, the impression in the wax would be reversed Left/Right.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Dexter makes it very clear that they will engrave them either way and you need to let them know whether you want the image positive or reversed. They were very clear to clarify that with me before finalizing my order. I'm not sure what you would do with a desk seal with a positive image (I could see it on a ring), but evidently people do sometimes want them that way.

A handwritten blog (mostly)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I believe they may have taken the photo of the reverse engraving and then flipped it horizontal in order for it to be viewed as normal. You can see the process in this Youtube video:

Those look great! I particularly like the Stark direwolf seal. Good job photographing them too.

Thank you! With my Family crest being a Lion I'm after a Lannister one now... and maybe a Thundercats and Jedi one. The photographs were pretty bad (you can read that as dark) which is what I get using my phone, but with the wonders of photoshop you can see them.

• 4 weeks later...