Show us your wax seals

Rena

Here are the seals I'm using for my Christmas cards this year (sorry if this is a repeat for those who saw these in another thread):

fpn_1323466317__seals.jpg

The crest seal:

fpn_1323466272__crest.jpg

And my monogram:

fpn_1323466286__monogram.jpg

Wow, those are very nice. All these pictures makes me want to upgrade my sealing wax seals. :headsmack:

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiavonne

• Adamtrons

• Rena

• Aquinata

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are the seals I'm using for my Christmas cards this year (sorry if this is a repeat for those who saw these in another thread):

fpn_1323466317__seals.jpg

The crest seal:

fpn_1323466272__crest.jpg

And my monogram:

fpn_1323466286__monogram.jpg

Those are beautiful! Love the arms, expecially. The charge appears to be a Tudor rose, I've always thought the Tudor rose was a lovely emblem. Can you tell use how the motto translates?

Oh, and don't worry about repeats. As long as the thread is about seals we should definitely repeat. When we search back looking for that "just one seal" (and we do go back and search [well a lot of us anyway]), it will certainly help. Besides, who says fountain pens is our only addiction?

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Thank you both! Roughly translated the crest reads: Faith in knowledge is the heart of science. The white rose is the charge - representing the faithfulness and integrity.

Thank you both! Roughly translated the crest reads: Faith in knowledge is the heart of science. The white rose is the charge - representing the faithfulness and integrity.

That is a wonderful motto! And I love the meaning of the white (almost wrote "write") rose.

One other place you just have to repeat... in the Christmas thread in pictures and photography. :thumbup:

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Seeing all of these spectacular examples makes me really want to have one with my family crest made. While I have yet to acquire a wax seal I am quite fond of the chop I had made when I lived in Chengdu. Sorry that it is a bit dusty...

http://i.imgur.com/Bftqofd.png

here's a Rubinato seal i was gifted a few years ago.

fpn_1323651440__dsc01710.jpg

now i need to get some supple wax. the Rubinato wax is way too brittle.

Edited by ticoun

-Eclipse Flat Top-|-Parker "51" Aero-|-Sheaffer's Snorkel Sentinel-|-Esterbrook SJ-|-Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe TD-|-Sheaffer 330-|-Reform 1745-|-PenUsa Genesis-|-Hero 616-|-Noodler's Flex-|-Schneider Voice-|-TWSBI Vac 700-

Seeing all of these spectacular examples makes me really want to have one with my family crest made. While I have yet to acquire a wax seal I am quite fond of the chop I had made when I lived in Chengdu. Sorry that it is a bit dusty...

Dusty or not, that is a really nice chop!

here's a Rubinato seal i was gifted a few years ago.

now i need to get some supple wax. the Rubinato wax is way too brittle.

Thanks for showing this stamp, ticoun. I knew it existed out there somewhere. I like it better than just an inkwell stamp. J.Herbin has a good supple wax you can get from many sources. My favorite supple wax is Atelier Gargoyle.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Those are all lovely stamps, and great to see them. Agree also that my favorite flexible/mailing wax is Atelier Gargoyle, with Herbin being second. For hard sealing wax, I love the Abraxas, especially the translucent amber.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Sam, any news on the Eagle?

I was told by Castle in the Air that Abraxas just uses the eagle seal for show. Abraxas makes their own seals, but they are line drawing and are underwhelming.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

Not yet. Placed order/deposit Nov 4th. I dropped Kate an email Nov 28th, making sure she knew I was not rushing them, and she responded quickly letting me know they are busy but will have a proof back shortly. I'm sort of figuring shortly probably means after the holidays...and that's fine because I'm expecting this to be something I can proudly use with my US Navy & Coast Guard buddies. If it is as great as I'm hoping, I will probably leave it to the Coast Guard Academy in my will.

Not yet. Placed order/deposit Nov 4th. I dropped Kate an email Nov 28th, making sure she knew I was not rushing them, and she responded quickly letting me know they are busy but will have a proof back shortly. I'm sort of figuring shortly probably means after the holidays...and that's fine because I'm expecting this to be something I can proudly use with my US Navy & Coast Guard buddies. If it is as great as I'm hoping, I will probably leave it to the Coast Guard Academy in my will.

Sam,

Who are you having make it?

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss262/jlepens/f0b43253.jpg

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss262/jlepens/229d9aa7.jpg

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss262/jlepens/ae5a5540.jpg

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to The Fountain Pen Network. I just came across this thread and thought that some of you might be able to help me. I have a wax seal matrix from the USS Fairfax (DD-93) Department of the US Navy. I have been researching this and I have not found much information on this seal. I have found some embossed letters on ebay with this impression but I am pretty sure that this is a wax seal matrix and not an embossing tool. If anyone has any information on this seal it would be helpful. Here are some pictures of it...

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 1

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 2

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 3

I am new to The Fountain Pen Network. I just came across this thread and thought that some of you might be able to help me. I have a wax seal matrix from the USS Fairfax (DD-93) Department of the US Navy. I have been researching this and I have not found much information on this seal. I have found some embossed letters on ebay with this impression but I am pretty sure that this is a wax seal matrix and not an embossing tool. If anyone has any information on this seal it would be helpful. Here are some pictures of it...

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 1

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 2

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 3

Can't see your photos for some reason. Get this:

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /qBUr7jG_Qohov-SGBJc4uXPF6iUOwypSOFUsn4SEzAur3Zhi1akFq3YNwR-_uRmD3FNRFXWYb6hDQ7zh_yHfQeEWQEQE9regcnU=w1600 from this server.

Forbidden That’s all we know.

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 1

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 2

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 3

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /qBUr7jG_Qohov-SGBJc4uXPF6iUOwypSOFUsn4SEzAur3Zhi1akFq3YNwR-_uRmD3FNRFXWYb6hDQ7zh_yHfQeEWQEQE9regcnU=w1600 from this server.

Forbidden That’s all we know.

Sorry about that. I posted the pictures on my google docs account and I thought that I made them public but for some reason it doesn't work. Does anyone know where I can host the pictures for free so that I can put them in this thread?

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 1

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 2

USS Fairfax Wax Seal 3

403. That's an error.

Forbidden That's all we know.

Sorry about that. I posted the pictures on my google docs account and I thought that I made them public but for some reason it doesn't work. Does anyone know where I can host the pictures for free so that I can put them in this thread?

Photobucket.com

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks! This is a picture from a seal on a letter that I just sent out yesterday... longest letter I've written yet which was fully in italic script. Whew!