Pilot Capless

MT4

Hi all, Just in order to let everyone know about how this has been figured out (temporarily?). Given that:

1. No "shutter" in the pen I have traded.
  2. Reversing the original trade was not possible, as seller had already traded what I had given to him.
  3. I didn't expect seller to pay me for returning the pen back to him, as it would have been the case if I had bought it.
  4. The pens he has offered me to trade this back are not within the ones I would like to.
  5. Local Pilot representative estimated that the repair would take months to be carried out, and would cost about one and a half the price I have paid for the pen itself.
  6. US Pilot representative didn't want to take it for repair (though I am not in the US, they are the original witholders of the warranty), but provided with local representative's name and address.
  7. I have bidded at eBay for similar pens (regardless of the colour and specific model) maybe with broken nibs or no nib units, but have been outbidded.
  8. New outside parts (pen without nib unit) is about USD 70.- + shipping (www.richardspens.com), which would be about as much as the pen value itself (I have traded it for roughly USD 100.-).
  9. No new opportunities showed up locally (still looking for them, though).
  10. Though I have tried to duplicate the "shutter" quite a few times, I haven't been successful at all. Only once or twice I have felt that the piece was the right one, but have been unable to place it it's place!
  11. My intention was still to use the pen (my first Capless / VP, after all!).

I have decided to perform the (temporary?) repair as shown in the picture: Just a plug that avoids ink drying in a couple of hours (on air-conditioned environments, as where I work). Though this didn't end up as I was looking for, I have learnt something else in the way. Thanks for listening (and for the advice given in this thread). Martin

In case of emergency: Just shout loud and run as fast as you can.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lafeyplumas/ group for enthusiasts in Argentina. Subscription is moderated, messages aren't.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MT4

• Siv

• ZeissIkon

• TheHOINK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A final option for you - do you have a good friend or family in the US? Send the pen to them and have them send it on to Pilot USA to be fixed. As thair address is in the USA, there should be no problem getting it sorted.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77