need advice about selling used 144

indigirl

I sold my used 144 for approx $200. It was well kept, didn't have any major scratches, dents or dings, but definitely used, and sold described as "used in very good condition". Since your pen are almost unused I think the asking price should be higher than $150 - maybe $190-200 - don't sell it too cheap.

Hmm... I wouldn't say my pen is "almost unused"... remember, at first (for probably several months) I gave it a good try to "wear it in" (another topic... browsing around I see that many people don't even believe in this concept) & see if it would grow on me.

Anyway, someone has PM'd me to offer $150... I'm wondering if I should go ahead & accept that. :hmm1: If anybody else has an opinion about how much I should ask, now's the time to chime in! & thanks again for everybody's helpful advice :)

Oh, & does the price usually include postage & insurance & all that, or not?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• niksch

• indigirl

• Blade Runner

• meiers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sold my used 144 for approx $200. It was well kept, didn't have any major scratches, dents or dings, but definitely used, and sold described as "used in very good condition". Since your pen are almost unused I think the asking price should be higher than $150 - maybe $190-200 - don't sell it too cheap.

Hmm... I wouldn't say my pen is "almost unused"... remember, at first (for probably several months) I gave it a good try to "wear it in" (another topic... browsing around I see that many people don't even believe in this concept) & see if it would grow on me.

Anyway, someone has PM'd me to offer $150... I'm wondering if I should go ahead & accept that. :hmm1: If anybody else has an opinion about how much I should ask, now's the time to chime in! & thanks again for everybody's helpful advice :)

Postage & insurance etc. is usually ADDED to the price.

But that is up to you and the buyer.

You may just decide to fall in love with that little pen...

It did belong to your dad.

What can you do with $150 ... really? Take a look around. Try to buy a nice new fountain pen for that princely sum...

I suggest keep it and use it.

Matt

Edited by meiers

What can you do with $150 ... really? Take a look around. Try to buy a nice new fountain pen for that princely sum...

Matt

Thank you for the info & input... I have tried many times over the years to give it another chance -- every so often inking it up again & writing a few pages with it -- but me & this pen, well, we just never clicked for some reason.

The original pen from my dad disappeared into the Montblanc vortex. This one is what I was left with instead, so it doesn't have any sentimental value for me.

Since I seem to like budget vintage pens much better, I might be able to get 2 pens I really love instead of keeping this one that I'm "supposed" to like ;)

So goes my thinking, anyway....

Matt

Thank you for the info & input... I have tried many times over the years to give it another chance -- every so often inking it up again & writing a few pages with it -- but me & this pen, well, we just never clicked for some reason.

The original pen from my dad disappeared into the Montblanc vortex. This one is what I was left with instead, so it doesn't have any sentimental value for me.

Since I seem to like budget vintage pens much better, I might be able to get 2 pens I really love instead of keeping this one that I'm "supposed" to like ;)

So goes my thinking, anyway....

You know what's best for you and that little pen.

Good luck selling it. I hope a generous soul comes along and offers you $200.

Take care,

Matt