Sailor Profit Realo

rokurinpapa

Just saw this pen at nibs.com. Their information has it holding 1.5 mL of ink, and the ink window is very much like Aurora's. Yum!

There seems to be some contradictory information out ther about the ink capacity.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tsujigiri

• rokurinpapa

• Dr.Grace

• Silvermink

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aurora is a brand that makes fps with a high capacity piston filler. I know that the ink window of the new profit realo could be similar to aurora's optima and 88, but for a pistonfiller honestly we must pretend more of 1.1 ml...

Mottishaw has them for $328. Capacity is a stated 1.5ml, ...

But elsewhere it was stated to be 1.0ml. So which is the correct one?

The capacity is 1.0cc as stated on the paper that come with the pen.

Mottisahw is then mistaken about the capacity or perhaps he reported what he measured himself. Has anyone else noticed that the Realo pictured on nibs.com doesn't have the standard 1911 nib, but a plainer looking one? Other sites show the pen with the typical 1911 nib.

Btwy, does anyone else think the pen would have looked sleeker if the ink window were hidden by closing the cap? The way it is, it is almost screaming at you "hey look, I have an ink window." :)

[edited for grammar]

Edited by Stylo

The capacity is 1.0cc as stated on the paper that come with the pen.

Mottisahw is then mistaken about the capacity or perhaps he reported what he measured himself. Has anyone else noticed that the Realo pictured on nibs.com doesn't have the standard 1911 nib, but a plainer looking one? Other sites show the pen with the typical 1911 nib.

Btwy, does anyone else thinks the pen would have looked sleeker if the ink window were hidden by closing the cap? The way it is, it is almost screaming at you "hey look, I have an ink window." :)

You are correct. The nib posted at nib.com is different, but not sure why.

As for the capacity, I am not sure why nib.com post it as 1.5ml. It is stated on the paper that come with the pen and Sailor web site as "インク吸入量:1cc(当社インクコンバーターの約2倍の容量)", which in English mean the ink inhalation capacity is 1cc, which is double capacity of Sailor's Ink convertor.

I think the ink window is fine... for a change. :-)

Cheers,

HOP

http://houseofpens.blogspot.com

... which in English mean the ink inhalation capacity is 1cc, which is double capacity of Sailor's Ink convertor.

Someone who complained about the 1cc capacity claimed it was only slightly more than the 0.9cc capacity of the converter. There seems to be so much misinfomation floating around!

Strangely, the pen that are up for auction come with a bottle of ink. The package is different from the one that I purchased here locally (Singapore). :-(

Today I have got a Profit Realo with M nib. I will post the review in the near future. Please enjoy my recent review of PILOT CUSTOM 748 till then.

upper:Profit Realo lower: 95th Anniversary Realo

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/rokurinpapa/Profit%20Realo/P1020467.jpg

The special bottle with reservoir is the special favor for the first 500 Realos.

left:Profit Realo right: 95th Anniversary Realo

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/rokurinpapa/Profit%20Realo/P1020468.jpg

rokurinpapa

Edited by rokurinpapa

Today I have got a Profit Realo with M nib. I will post the review in the near future. Please enjoy my recent review of PILOT CUSTOM 748 till then.

upper:Profit Realo lower: 95th Anniversary Realo

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/rokurinpapa/Profit%20Realo/P1020467.jpg

The special bottle with reservoir is the special favor for the first 500 Realos.

left:Profit Realo right: 95th Anniversary Realo

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/rokurinpapa/Profit%20Realo/P1020468.jpg

rokurinpapa

Nice pictures and a good comparison. The Realo in ebay is not the 95th anniversary Realo because the ink window is different, and the ink bottle is not the special bottle, etc. The seller also stated it as "Made in japan 2009". Does the Realo you received come with a bottle of ink?

see http://houseofpens.blogspot.com/2009/09/realo-return.html

The REALO (2009) that I purchased come in a simple box with only the pen. I will check out with the local retailer why the different.

Cheers,

Nice pictures and a good comparison. The Realo in ebay is not the 95th anniversary Realo because the ink window is different, and the ink bottle is not the special bottle, etc. The seller also stated it as "Made in japan 2009". Does the Realo you received come with a bottle of ink?

see http://houseofpens.b...alo-return.html

The REALO (2009) that I purchased come in a simple box with only the pen. I will check out with the local retailer why the different.

Cheers,

I received the Realo2009 with a bottle of ink. I hear the bottle is attached to the only first 500 Realos. The ink of the bottle is blended specially . The color of it is named Chushu. Besides the bottle comes with reservoir suitable for Realo2009. Chushu means the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar and in this case the words alludes to the harvest moon because Chushu reminds people in Japan of the autumnal lunar festival, enjoying the light of the harvest moon. So the color perhaps expresses the color of night under the silver light of the harvest moon. Realo 2009 is not a limited pen but this bottle is limited. So many people went to fountain pen shops in a hurry. I myself knew the first Realo special set were sold out in Itoya yesterday. So I also went to the other store at once looking for the Realo and I got it(Only 1 set was in stock at that shop. ).

rokurinpapa

Edited by rokurinpapa

see http://houseofpens.b...alo-return.html

Cheers,

I received the Realo2009 with a bottle of ink. I hear the bottle is attached to the only first 500 Realos. The ink of the bottle is blended specially . The color of it is named Chushu. Besides the bottle comes with reservoir suitable for Realo2009. Chushu means the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar and in this case the words alludes to the harvest moon because Chushu reminds people in Japan of the autumnal lunar festival, enjoying the light of the harvest moon. So the color perhaps expresses the color of night under the silver light of the harvest moon. Realo 2009 is not a limited pen but this bottle is limited. So many people went to fountain pen shops in a hurry. I myself knew the first Realo special set were sold out in Itoya yesterday. So I also went to the other store at once looking for the Realo and I got it(Only 1 set was in stock at that shop. ).

rokurinpapa

That is what I heard too. Only the first 500 Realos come with the ink bottle. These are quickly snatched up. I believe not many eventually slip out of Japan to the overseas retailers. I am quite blessed to be able to get a couple of them. :cloud9:

Other pens available for sale:

Pelikan : Keep a watchout here, M805 FPs, M400 and M405 FPs,

• 2 weeks later...

Received my new Sailor 1911 Realo and inked it with Namiki blue ink.

As you all know, it is very similar in appearance and nib to the standard 1911 cc filler with the exception of the added ink status window and the back button is longer on the Realo.

All in all, a very nice fountain pen and a pleasure to use.

Best Regardd,

Andy

This blog says that the capacity of the Sailor converter is .72 ml.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776