Sailor Profit Realo

rokurinpapa

This looks very promising and I would be very interested in getting one. I hope the piston filling system is as robust and solid as the one in an Aurora 88. Can't wait for a review by one of the FPN members.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tsujigiri

• rokurinpapa

• Dr.Grace

• Silvermink

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope there will be a rhodium trimmed version. If so, I'm getting it as soon as it hits the market.

+ 1

ART BROWN is having a Sailor--Nagahara Pen clinic on August 18, 19 & 20 11am-4pm They have been saying on the flyers that sailor will be introducing a brand new pen--THIS MUST BE IT!!!! So excited!! Art Brown is at 2 west 45th street in NYC--A beautiful new store.

Hey if any one is going, Drop me a PM I would love to meet up!!

I was going to go... GOING to... and unfortunately my travel plans will have me in Paris instead. Nagahara won't be at the DC show this year either. I'm quite sad that I'm going to miss him this year. :( But, I hope you have a great time. He's a fine fellow and will be more than happy to do some nib tuning for you.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Have a look at Rokurinpapa's REALO review. :)

But, isn't that review for the Realo's previous generation model?

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

This looks very promising and I would be very interested in getting one. I hope the piston filling system is as robust and solid as the one in an Aurora 88. Can't wait for a review by one of the FPN members.

According to the article about the interview with 4 technical experts engaged in the development,they began to plan the Profit Realo after previous REALO in 2006.They repeated various experiments,for example heat,impact,leak,secular change, intensity of knob or cylinder against the torque, pressure of the packing,and so on.The last 1 year have been mainly used for the experiment.

So I hope the piston filling system will be robust and solid enough.

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/r...lo/P1020392.jpg

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/r...lo/P1020393.jpg

rokurinpapa

Edited by rokurinpapa

If I see correctly, the picture on the second page is one of the new pen, right? The pen seems to have a full transparent ink window.

And it seems that Sailor is modifying the ink bottles too! That would be nice, because the old ones are definitely not good for piston fillers.

If I see correctly, the picture on the second page is one of the new pen, right? The pen seems to have a full transparent ink window.

And it seems that Sailor is modifying the ink bottles too! That would be nice, because the old ones are definitely not good for piston fillers.

The answer is no and yes. Demonstrator is the test model. Sailor has also improved the ink bottle for the piston-filler.

rokurinpapa

According to the article about the interview with 4 technical experts engaged in the development,they began to plan the Profit Realo after previous REALO in 2006.They repeated various experiments,for example heat,impact,leak,secular change, intensity of knob or cylinder against the torque, pressure of the packing,and so on.The last 1 year have been mainly used for the experiment.

So I hope the piston filling system will be robust and solid enough.

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/r...lo/P1020392.jpg

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/r...lo/P1020393.jpg

rokurinpapa

Good to know Sailor is doing its due diligence on its new product by testing it thoroughly. I have set a personal career target for this year and if I achieve it, I think I am going to reward myself with this pen.

Oh no! I'd had my heart set on a Pro Gear with a Zoom nib to be my next purchase. Now that's been dashed by the sight of this pen. What to do???!??!!

(In the greater scheme of things, this is such a nice dilemma to have... :P )

I write, therefore I...write a little more.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

The answer is no and yes. Demonstrator is the test model. Sailor has also improved the ink bottle for the piston-filler.

rokurinpapa

Does that mean that the 1911 Realo that's coming out will have multiple ink windows as on the Realo, instead of a single large one?

rokurinpapa

Does that mean that the 1911 Realo that's coming out will have multiple ink windows as on the Realo, instead of a single large one?

The Profit Realo has such ink window as Aurora. According to the blog, the capacity of ink is about 1 cc because

the parts of the cylinder is made independently in the barrel.

rokurinpapa

Hmmm... what's the capacity of the Sailor converter? I'm surprised that the piston-filler would hold so little ink.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776

Hmmm... what's the capacity of the Sailor converter? I'm surprised that the piston-filler would hold so little ink.

According to the shop website, which is linked on the blog rokurinpapa posted, the capacity is 2x that of the normal sailor converter. I was definitely thinking it'd be a larger upgrade than that. A bit disappointing, but I'm still interested.

the capacity of ink is about 1 cc

WHAT IS THE POINT!! the whole point of a piston filler is to hold MORE ink!! This is less that some convertors. The sailor convertor is 0.9 ml. thats only 0.1 less than this Realo holds?? {google search said 1cc= 1ml}

I am dumbfounded !!!

This why I love my MB149 it holds 2.7 ml of INK!!

www.stevelightart.com

About two years ago, Sailor changed the color of its gold nibs--from a muted almost silvery-gold, to its current very yellowish gold. I did not care for this change then, and it has not grown on me. (I remember telling a manager at Maruzen back then that the new nibs looked gold-plated.) I would have liked the use of less 'yellowy' gold appointments (including the nib) on this kind of weighty pen.

Still, it's a beauty. :embarrassed_smile: :)

I just received notice of the release of this pen from the Sailor distributor in the US. The MSRP is $410.00. They will begin shipping in the first week of September, I'm told. I'll be placing an order shortly, so if anyone is interested, it would be of great help to each of us if you contacted me via email or PM to let me know what nib size you'd like. They'll be available in EF, F, MF, M, B & MS.

James

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

Hmm, that is a little disappointing whether it's 2x the capacity or just .1 mL more. But I like the ability to see how much ink is left at a glance and fill without opening the pen more than the capacity.

Outstanding news. Now that I have had my fill of buying a ton of pens and want to save up for a nice purchase, I have a new contender. My hope was for an Aurora 88 at the Raleigh show next year. Now, I'll have to decide between this pen and that one (if I can have either at that point -- I might have to slum with a Stipula piston).

No zoom nib availability? Odd.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

the capacity of ink is about 1 cc

WHAT IS THE POINT!! the whole point of a piston filler is to hold MORE ink!! This is less that some convertors. The sailor convertor is 0.9 ml. thats only 0.1 less than this Realo holds?? {google search said 1cc= 1ml}

I am dumbfounded !!!

This why I love my MB149 it holds 2.7 ml of INK!!

I agree! This is pretty much a wasted effort, IMO.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776

The Profit Realo has such ink window as Aurora. According to the blog, the capacity of ink is about 1 cc because

the parts of the cylinder is made independently in the barrel.

rokurinpapa

Ouch. This sounds more like a captive converter than a true piston. Pity.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>