Jotter Rollerball to Ballpoint convertor?

CrazyDesi

Hey guys, recently I got a rollerball Jotter as an everyday pen(I have been using the ballpoint with gel ink refill for sometime now). I realized that I can't use the gel refills that I enjoy so much on the rollerball. Is there a converter that anyone knows of that can make this happen?

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dolgorukii

• CrazyDesi

• jgoodwin1

• ceejaybee

Good afternoon, dear sirs!

I'm newbie on your forum, and I would like to post my first message in that theme with like question.

Has anybody of you ever met ANY (WHATEVER!!! :) ) BALLPOINT refill for Parker rollerballs?

(For example, smth. like Cross selectip ballpoint refill JUMBO for rollerballs).

I'm very sorry, if anybody has already posted answer to my question - but I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

(It seems to me, it should be rather popular question - parker rollerball refills are not very popular ;) , and any ballpoint refill could hel rollerball models to attract new buyers...)

Good afternoon, dear sirs!

I'm newbie on your forum, and I would like to post my first message in that theme with like question.

Has anybody of you ever met ANY (WHATEVER!!! :) ) BALLPOINT refill for Parker rollerballs?

(For example, smth. like Cross selectip ballpoint refill JUMBO for rollerballs).

I'm very sorry, if anybody has already posted answer to my question - but I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

(It seems to me, it should be rather popular question - parker rollerball refills are not very popular ;) , and any ballpoint refill could hel rollerball models to attract new buyers...)

I have had the same thought as you as to converting a rollerball Parker to a ballpoint. If you have a Parker 75 or a Premier rollerball, you can get two black adapters that will easily convert a ball point Parker refill into one that will turn a rollerball into a ballpoint. Not all Parker pens that are constructed as rollerballs can be converted to ballpoint writers as they never designed adapters that would form and fit inside the barrel structure. I wish they did, but they never did.

That's why Parker 75 rollerballs can easily be converted into ballpoint writers. I like the ballpoint writer as you can leave a refill there for years and it will still write while you have to replace rollerball refills every two months or so.

James

Oh, thank you very-very much!!!

I never heard about such adapter, but I believed, I was sure, that something like this MUST exist! :)

Are you talking about this one, aren't you?

http://i045.radikal.ru/1003/cd/b8a4500c296ft.jpg

http://s004.radikal.ru/i208/1003/00/faf4c03cfefet.jpg

Does it fit only 75 and Premier? What about new Duofolds (Centennial or Iterntaional) or any cheaper models, from Jotter till Parker Inflection, Latitude, or even Parker 100?

• 1 month later...

Does it fit only 75 and Premier? What about new Duofolds (Centennial or Iterntaional) or any cheaper models, from Jotter till Parker Inflection, Latitude, or even Parker 100?

Anyway, and second (possible(?)) variant...

To remove (to screw) from "standard Parker rollerball refill" it's front and rear elements?

And then to add them to "Parker standard BALLpoint refill"?.. To use these elements instead of that so-called "adapter".

What do you think, is it possible?

Anyway, and second (possible(?)) variant...

To remove (to screw) from "standard Parker rollerball refill" it's front and rear elements?

And then to add them to "Parker standard BALLpoint refill"?.. To use these elements instead of that so-called "adapter".

What do you think, is it possible?

I think the adaptors you mention only work with the 75 felt tip pens which have the chrome ring on the section as in your photo above. They definately won't work with the 75 or Premier rollerball section which have gold bands. I have not heard of them successfully fitting any other pens in the parker line other than the 75 felt tip or big red pens.

As for using parts from a rollerball refill, the answer is quite simply... no... sadly

(edited to add)

The reason the ballpen refill and adaptors can't be used instead of the rollerball refill is because the adaptors make the BP refill about 1mm thicker/wider than the RB refill so unless your pen has a section and barrel that can accommodate the extra width then they're just not going to fit.

You could always try shaving down the front adaptor to fit inside the section and then make something to fit inside the barrel to keep the BP refill tight....just a suggestion??

The adaptors are easy to find as they come with the 'Adpen' made by Parker which you can pick up very cheaply on Ebay.

Edited by ceejaybee

• 13 years later...

This is an old topic that found when I did a google search.

I used some tissue paper to stuff into the back of the barrel, and made a cone for the front.  After a few minutes of tweaking, I am  now happily using a fisher ballpoint refill inside a Parker duofold rollerball!!  It looks and writes wonderfully, and the pen is great to hold in my hand!

Best wishes to everyone