What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Thanks. :)

I'll try to do a review of wine red soon, as no one has posted a writing sample of it yet.

Edit: You were about to order Morita inks? Why did you hesitate? Despite being here, these were hard for me to get.

Edited by Mew

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

These have arrived today from a a new business start up, the Magdale Ink Company I have tried them out and they are all good bright inks, not chemically based. All are full free flowing inks.

As these are samples I am happy to share

I would like to try the bright green and blue, could you do 30ml of each?

I went to Osaka last month (~10 June iirc) and dropped by Morita Pen Shop. Purchased the last remaining stock of both their inks, Shade green and wine red.

Shade Green

{IMAGE}

Wine Red

{IMAGE}

Temptress! How cruel you are! :lticaptd:

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Thanks. :)

I'll try to do a review of wine red soon, as no one has posted a writing sample of it yet.

Edit: You were about to order Morita inks? Why did you hesitate? Despite being here, these were hard for me to get.

As of today I have got 63 bottles of ink. At the time it was of course less than that but still, I thought I need to (and can!) restrain myself. Today I know better...

Ah, okay. :)

I have ordered more inks from another sailor shop, Pen Land Cafe.

2x Red Cliff

1x Pen Land Green

2x Utsurugi

Iroshizuku Tsuyu-Kusa. Asiatic dayflower, or Tsuyu-Kusa, starts blooming in the summer, and this cheery blue color really befits sunny days of the summer well.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I'm expecting. Two very different inks indeed. The KWZ IG is for my super wet adjusted Gama Hawk for drawing so it should balance itself out. Been in contact with guys at KWZ beforehand and consulted their selection just for the purposes of creating artwork. Should be good fun when they arrive and I'll report back with a review.

Ooh, post drawings too! There are a couple of relevant threads you should look into: "The FPN Art Gallery", and "The Weekly Grind".

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Looks GOOD!!!....

I really hope you did not spend the crazy money people ask on eBay.... :roller1:

C.

(Sigh.. I always wanted to try the Brown Season Greetings... haven't found a good price on it... :crybaby: )

I wait no more! :cD

fpn_1467913652__montblancsahkespeareseas

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Looks GOOD!!!....

I really hope you did not spend the crazy money people ask on eBay.... :roller1:

C.

(Sigh.. I always wanted to try the Brown Season Greetings... haven't found a good price on it... :crybaby: )

I paid $16 in the USA and the source for it was a bit surprising. :huh:

I did get Season's Greeting on eBay for $25--a steal compared to the other prices.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I paid $16 in the USA and the source for it was a bit surprising. :huh:

I did get Season's Greeting on eBay for $25--a steal compared to the other prices.

COOL!!!.. I won't ask, since adding shipping to CAN will make the deal nonexistent.. :D

I source my MB's at my local boutique... I pay $16 CAN... ;) (I just need to wait).. B)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Skrip Red cartridges, to go in the NOS transparent red school pen I just got - yeah, that's right, the flat-top 90s one.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Skrip Red cartridges, to go in the NOS transparent red school pen I just got - yeah, that's right, the flat-top 90s one.

Cool!!

Whaleman's Sepia is here!

attachicon.gifWhalman's Sepia resize.jpg

I didn't realize it came in large bottles [blink].

I loved the color of Wheelman's Sepia when I got a sample of it. But the stuff just would not flow. Adding distilled water helped, but I was afraid to add too much and dilute the color. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Diamine Burnt Sienna, however, that William Shakespeare Velvet Red looks fascinating :wub:

Whaleman's Sepia is here!

attachicon.gifWhalman's Sepia resize.jpg

Envious... The ridiculously expensive shipping from US prohibits me from getting any of the Noodler's Inks I would really love to try. With the new Fedex option at Goulets it is even more ridiculously expensive so I just have to hope guys at Purepens can get some of these the next time around. Been eyeing this ink for so long!

Enjoy it and show us your results please!