What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Sailor Kin-mokusei and Rikyu-cha from eBay

Montblanc Ultra Black and Shakespeare Velvet Red from La Couronne du Comte

I have been checking on LaCouronne for weeks now... I still don't see the Shakespeare Ink... Can you provide a link?

Thanks,

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Sailor Souten & sailor Tokiwa-matsu. My first Sailor inks!

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Ah, nutz! :angry:

This is what happens when you don't follow website instructions properly. Too late now...

What were the instructions??.. "One per costumer" ?

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Well, I can't say for Edelstein Aquamarine -- it's a color I really dislike. But I'm thinking more and more that even though Diamine Havusu Turquoise is really similar looking, there's just something about Edelstein Topaz -- some sort of je ne said quoi quality to it that is reeling me in, and it's probably going on the short list....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Haha! It As the evening wore on, the beautiful Edelstein glass bottle filled with the gorgeous, clear blue topaz inky goodness called to me. According to all reviews, it's the exact color that has always been my favorite! Having Kon-Peki and Chesterfield Zircon I thought I may not need Edelstein Topaz, but here it was! I opened it. I LOVE IT!!! I think I even dreamed about it. So far, in my very limited use, Topaz appears much closer to Zircon than KonPeki.

Thank you for your input, Ruth!! We agree, except I have no trouble naming the "je ne sais quois," at least for me - it is the absolute CLEARness of the blue in Edelstein Topaz that I love! In a poetic sense, it appeals to all 5 senses.

I don't have Diamine Havasu Turquoise, to compare. The reviews of Havasu I've seen though all seem to show a yellow-ish tint to the turquoise. The topaz is not a greenish or yellowish blue as a true turquoise should be - it is BLUE - like a topaz. I do hope to do paper towel chromatography of Chesterfielfd Zircon, Iroshizuku KonPeki, & Edelstein Topaz later today.

I have been checking on LaCouronne for weeks now... I still don't see the Shakespeare Ink... Can you provide a link?

It's not on their site yet. I have a special order Montblanc pen that I'm waiting for from them, so I told them to add a couple of bottles each of the Shakespeare and the Ultra Black to the shipment when the pen arrives there.

I see that both inks already are turning up on the Bay of Evil.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

As a result of this particular thread that I'd stumbled on I am now waiting for:

1. Chesterfield Amethyst
  2. Chesterfield Night Sapphire
  3. Chesterfield Antique Yankee
  4. Chesterfield Mahogany
  5. Chesterfield Emerald
  6. Chesterfield Capri

All in 100 mL bottles. I had seen that thread soon after it had been started. I kept telling myself that I do not need more fountain pen ink!

I kept up my resolve to not buy any more fountain pen ink for weeks! I looked now and again to see if they'd run out yet. They kept having most of the inks in stock. I looked again last night and thought that surely by the Fourth of July they'd be out of everything. No!

So my resolve finally dissipated and I plunged, plunged hard. Oh, if only they had run out before I'd gotten there.

Am I ever going to get back on the wagon and stay there? I have had more than a lifetime of ink for years and years. I'll never get through all of the ink I already have, much less these additional six bottles.

Well, I had wanted to try these Chesterfield inks. Now I'll get the chance. I think these are plastic bottles though. This means I'll have to buy glass four ounce Boston Round bottles to decant them into. More expense. And my old bottle supply house, Sunshine Bottle Co., got bought by a group in another state, and they are not so nice. They also insist on the most expensive shipping.

Oh boy, now I have to find some bottles, and lids, for the ink I just bought. What a mess.

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp360/Ink_Stained_Wretch/Street_cleaning_equipment_St._Louis.png

Above is the wagon I'm no longer on :headsmack: .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

None...
I had to buy new glasses yesterday, ~420 € worth ink postponed... :mellow:

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

E

EoC, you say that like it's a bad thing.... :lol:

Well, I didn't need 3 bottles of this. <shrugs> Now that it has arrived, and without even opening any of them, I'm having second thoughts over even having one bottle. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Well, I didn't need 3 bottles of this. <shrugs> Now that it has arrived, and without even opening any of them, I'm having second thoughts over even having one bottle. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

It's a wonderful ink. Grab a pen and ink it up, you will love it.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Happened with me and J. herbin 1670 series. I bought

5x Emerald of Chivor

4x Stormy Grey

4x Bleu Ocean

1x Rouge Hematite

Even before they reached me from La Couronne Du Comte, I had sold all bottles of first 3. I did use 1 fill from rouge hematite, but sold that as well.

These have arrived today from a a new business start up, the Magdale Ink Company I have tried them out and they are all good bright inks, not chemically based. All are full free flowing inks.

As these are samples I am happy to share

Edited by Obliquefine

I'm waiting for KWZ IG Blue Black and Pilot Iro Yama-Guri. I'm also intrigued by Montblanc's Ultra Black but waiting for some reivews.

Don't know about the MB ink, but I have the other two. I love them. Note that the behavior is really different -- Yama-guri turned out to be a bit too wet for a Pelikan M400 with a gusher of an F nib (a bit disappointing, since I thought it would be a great combo to do drawing with). IG Blue-black is not as dry as some iron gall inks I've tried, but it *is* a lot drier than Yama-guri.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks, that's pretty much what I'm expecting. Two very different inks indeed. The KWZ IG is for my super wet adjusted Gama Hawk for drawing so it should balance itself out. Been in contact with guys at KWZ beforehand and consulted their selection just for the purposes of creating artwork. Should be good fun when they arrive and I'll report back with a review.

I went to Osaka last month (~10 June iirc) and dropped by Morita Pen Shop. Purchased the last remaining stock of both their inks, Shade green and wine red.

Shade Green

http://i.imgur.com/nPwUEJQ.jpg

Wine Red

http://i.imgur.com/g9oFMwv.jpg

I went to Osaka last month (~10 June iirc) and dropped by Morita Pen Shop. Purchased the last remaining stock of both their inks, Shade green and wine red.

Shade Green

http://i.imgur.com/nPwUEJQ.jpg

Wine Red

http://i.imgur.com/g9oFMwv.jpg

Man, teasing us with the photos! I'd love to have one of those, couple of years back I was about to get one but hesitated. Enjoy!

/ sorry for the double post

Edited by EbonitePen