What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Sheaffer Skrip Red cartridges, to go with the yellow, orange and pink ones that came today, and Platinum Preppie Pink carts for the up-coming pinks comparison.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Right now, none, but had I answered the question this morning, prior to the post man arriving, my reply would have been 'Pilot Iroshizuku Kon Peki' :)

Usagiya Setouchi Marine Blue

MontBlanc William Shakespeare

MontBlanc Season's Greetings

LAMY Neon Coral

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine

J Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite

Sailor Jentle Doyou

Finally went for Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris instead of Helianthus or Ambre de Birmanie. ETA? Eventually.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

BSB and Whaleman's Sepia on their way. Yes I love bad boys, come to mama!

Yup, those are both pretty bad behaved. BSB stains everything and its cousin. And Wheelman's Sepia just would not flow. At all. Which I found really irritating since it's an amazing color. A little distilled water helped some; have not tried Photo-Flo, which other people on here have used. But it just clung to the sides of the ink chamber (I had it in one of the Noodler's pens, although don't remember now if it was an FPC or a Konrad) and just would not budge. Just sat there, hanging to the sides for dear life.... :huh:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine

J Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite

Sailor Jentle Doyou

Amazon Prime is rather amazing! Sunday delivery?!!

Rouge Hematite is HERE and A bottle of Pelikan Edelstein; however, it's not my much anticipated Aquamarine.

I've read some reviews here in the past hour, and Edelstein Topaz is a clear, blue ink much to my liking.

If it's allowed on this forum, Experienced thoughts on these two Edelstein inks, are welcomed. To keep or not to keep the Topaz I received for the Aquamarine I ordered? .........

post-129742-0-96746000-1467576997_thumb.jpeg

Can't wait to see a writing sample!

If you can't wait.. just head here... ;) .. https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/300042-sailor-kobe-34-souraken-tea-green/

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Yup, those are both pretty bad behaved. BSB stains everything and its cousin. And Wheelman's Sepia just would not flow. At all. Which I found really irritating since it's an amazing color. A little distilled water helped some; have not tried Photo-Flo, which other people on here have used. But it just clung to the sides of the ink chamber (I had it in one of the Noodler's pens, although don't remember now if it was an FPC or a Konrad) and just would not budge. Just sat there, hanging to the sides for dear life.... :huh:

I don't mind dry inks, nothing a little surfactant couldn't handle. The running noses are much harder to tame, especially if one wants to avoid diluting or mixing. I find Whaleman's Sepia not as viscous as KTC, which truly clings to everything...However it doesn't dilute as well as KTC does, at least for me, it becomes too unsaturated.

Amazon Prime is rather amazing! Sunday delivery?!!

Rouge Hematite is HERE and A bottle of Pelikan Edelstein; however, it's not my much anticipated Aquamarine.

I've read some reviews here in the past hour, and Edelstein Topaz is a clear, blue ink much to my liking.

If it's allowed on this forum, Experienced thoughts on these two Edelstein inks, are welcomed. To keep or not to keep the Topaz I received for the Aquamarine I ordered? .........

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Well, I can't say for Edelstein Aquamarine -- it's a color I really dislike. But I'm thinking more and more that even though Diamine Havusu Turquoise is really similar looking, there's just something about Edelstein Topaz -- some sort of je ne said quoi quality to it that is reeling me in, and it's probably going on the short list....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sailor Kin-mokusei and Rikyu-cha from eBay

Montblanc Ultra Black and Shakespeare Velvet Red from La Couronne du Comte

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

E

Ah, nutz! :angry:

This is what happens when you don't follow website instructions properly. Too late now...

fpn_1467615115__dscn1542.jpg

EoC, you say that like it's a bad thing.... :lol: