What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

My very recent series of ink binge buying: De Atramentis Frankincense, Mark Twain, and 225 Years of US Constitution; J Herbin Terre de Fue, and 30 ml Diamine inks from Massdrop offer of 5. I chose Soft Mint, Apple Glory, Pumpkin, Sunshine Yellow, and Chocolate Brown. I'm waiting on those.

Posted Image

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

& add Platinum Carbon Black to the list as well.

Waiting on:

• Sailor Jentle in Yama-dori
  • Sailor Jentle Souten
  • Sailor Kiwa-Guro
  • Platinum Carbon Black

Kiwa Guro and Souten arrived late last night, well after 8 PM. Not that I particularly minded. Hope to test those out soon. :D

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

I was looking over the Goulet site blog this morning, and saw that there was another review of Lamy Dark Lilac up. "Why would they tease us so?", I wondered. And then checked the store. Where Dark Lilac was back in stock! So I pounced.

Also tossed a sample of Noodler's Bad Blue Heron into my cart, so I'm waiting for that, now, too. :D

Note: Looks like Dark Lilac is still in stock at Goulet, as of the time of this writing. Be silent; be swift. :ninja:

30ml bottle of Diamine Macassar and some Seitz-Kreuznach Chestnut Brown cartridges that I will likely never use.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Note: Looks like Dark Lilac is still in stock at Goulet, as of the time of this writing. Be silent; be swift. :ninja:

Lol! I just ordered from them the other day, darn my luck. Don't want to pay the shipping for only one item! :rolleyes:

Strange, was on waiting list twice but didn't get any notification, good thing I saw your post; ordered 2.

Strange, was on waiting list twice but didn't get any notification, good thing I saw your post; ordered 2.

Same, I didn't get a darn thing. Ah well, to heck with it I'm pulling the trigger lest I live with regret. May as well toss some other bottles I've been needing. I can always use more Lexington Gray.

I broke down and ordered Blue Steel and Texas Blue Bonnet from Dromgoole's today. Fingers crossed that I get the turquoise version of TBB.

I purchased a new old stock Sheaffer calligraphy set on an auction site, which, in addition to the three translucent NoNonsense pens and 3 italic nibs, comes with 14 Skrip ink cartridges. I'm not sure what they all are, but I think there's at least one Skrip Peacock (which I've heard great things about) and a Skrip Green (which I've tried and love). Can't wait to see what else is there.

Edit: Though I'll need to find somewhere I can get a jug of distilled water, as I suspect most (if not all) of the ink cartridges will need to be reconsituted.

Edited by thudthwacker

I purchased a new old stock Sheaffer calligraphy set on an auction site, which, in addition to the three translucent NoNonsense pens and 3 italic nibs, comes with 14 Skrip ink cartridges. I'm not sure what they all are, but I think there's at least one Skrip Peacock (which I've heard great things about) and a Skrip Green (which I've tried and love). Can't wait to see what else is there.

Edit: Though I'll need to find somewhere I can get a jug of distilled water, as I suspect most (if not all) of the ink cartridges will need to be reconsituted.

I have generally been able to find it at any major grocery store in the water isle. It's usually somewhere near the spring water/mineral water. A gallon should run you a little less than a dollar.

Noodler's 54th Massachusetts, Diamine Midnight and some Chesterfield inks (Jade, Orchid and Erinite). Very excited.

Yama-dori. Stumbled on it while searching eBay for Apricot (hey, you never know) and figured I'd give it a try. Teal is not my favorite color but if the reports of it sheening like crazy even with a fine nib on cheap copy are true, I might start using it at work.

Oh, and some more Dark Lilac and Coral, thanks to the shout-outs in the DL and sheen threads. Thanks, peeps!

I have generally been able to find it at any major grocery store in the water isle. It's usually somewhere near the spring water/mineral water. A gallon should run you a little less than a dollar.

Good to know, many thanks; I never had to go looking for it before, so I wasn't sure if it was readily available. And, if tracking is right, the set should be arriving today -- I figure the first thing I'll do will be to reconstitute a Skrip Peacock cartridge and try it out with the new fine italic. :)

Good to know, many thanks; I never had to go looking for it before, so I wasn't sure if it was readily available. And, if tracking is right, the set should be arriving today -- I figure the first thing I'll do will be to reconstitute a Skrip Peacock cartridge and try it out with the new fine italic. :)

I've had to get it on a few occasions for my humidifier. Glad that the arid climate of my room could be of service :lol:

Hmmmm... this can't be right.

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Walnut

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Raven

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Mariner

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Shamrock

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Slate

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Raspberry

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Orchid

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Jade

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Oxford

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Copper

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Antique Yankee

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Teal

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Zircon

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Erinite

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Cobalt

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Rose

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Fire Opal

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Tourmaline

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Sodalite

• 50 ml of Chesterfield Smoked Topaz

That's a liter of ink. 20 different colors @ < 7¢ / ml.

A liter of ink. Should keep me busy a while.

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

Lamy Dark Lilac!!! And a "surprise" ink sampler....both from Goulet. I can not wait.

Also caught the xfountainpens sale for Chesterfield inks. Cobalt

Antique Mariner

Antique Slate

Smoked Topaz

Antique Orchid

Antique Oxford

Antique Jade