What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

More Robert Oster Inks.. :wub: :wub:

• Blue Black
  • Copper
  • School Blue
  • Royal Red
  • Orange
  • Moss
  • Claret

I found Royal Red & Orange disappointing, Copper is weirdly pink but strangely attractive, Moss is very nice & Claret dries a beguiling grey-silver. Overall Oster inks are a bit of a mixed bag. I still love Deep Sea though. The shading from dark to light is amazing.

Verba volant, scripta manent

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Nagasawa Kobe Santica

I wrote with Santica today. A very pretty blue, that matches my blue-violet Franklin-Christoph Model #20 nicely. Like a few Sailor blue inks It does stain a bit though, if my fingers are anything to go by - this time a blue-violet-pink.

I wrote with Santica today. A very pretty blue, that matches my blue-violet Franklin-Christoph Model #20 nicely. Like a few Sailor blue inks It does stain a bit though, if my fingers are anything to go by - this time a blue-violet-pink.

Any comparison of this and Ur Lapis? The color swatch provided by Nagasawa makes it look like both are similar.

I found Royal Red & Orange disappointing, Copper is weirdly pink but strangely attractive, Moss is very nice & Claret dries a beguiling grey-silver. Overall Oster inks are a bit of a mixed bag. I still love Deep Sea though. The shading from dark to light is amazing.

I kind of ordered before seeing your swatches of Royal Red. But .. maybe, I will still like it... or add a drop of something to make it darker. :D

I am liking the Oster inks very much. Price wise, they are extremely competitive. I just did a review of 5 Caran D'Ache inks... they were just OK. If you consider the price point, they were terrible. :huh:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Diamine Ruby.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I wish I knew how people got those Sailor inks. But to the subject, in the mail today, Caran d'Ache Blue Sky. It's a nice enough color, but I bought it for the bottle.

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/go-wildcats/InkBottle_zpsyhnjb3hm.jpg

I wish I knew how people got those Sailor inks. But to the subject, in the mail today, Caran d'Ache Blue Sky. It's a nice enough color, but I bought it for the bottle.

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/go-wildcats/InkBottle_zpsyhnjb3hm.jpg

An ink writing sample would be nice! I received my bottle of Blue Night last Friday I believe. The bottles are lovely, but the inks are wonderful. However, I've held off on buying three colors, Sky Blue being one. I'm unsure of the color. :/

Any help would be most appreciated!

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Any comparison of this and Ur Lapis? The color swatch provided by Nagasawa makes it look like both are similar.

My Ur Lapis is back in the. UK, so can't do a comparison I'm afraid. Just from memory, the Ur Lapis is a richer shade, with the Santica having a more cornflower blue hue.

I kind of ordered before seeing your swatches of Royal Red. But .. maybe, I will still like it... or add a drop of something to make it darker. :D

I am liking the Oster inks very much. Price wise, they are extremely competitive. I just did a review of 5 Caran D'Ache inks... they were just OK. If you consider the price point, they were terrible. :huh:

C.

Agree about value for money, even though his prices have gone up (who says market forces drive prices down? Lol). Even though I'm a bit disappointed with some of the colours, I must say that when they are good, they are very, very good.

AndyYNWA, thanks for the link. I got some Kobe ink there, which was nice, but I can't figure a user-friendly way to get the more obscure shop specials. I suspect there is not such a way, and the people who get them have connections in Japan that I will not have. So be it. I've more or less sworn off inks that cost that much, anyway.

haruka337, I'll try to put up a picture tomorrow, but I don't really trust my camera to get a closer representation than the one that has been done here. It's a nice color, though. I don't know if you saw it, but someone at FPN has suggested that the Colours of the Earth series is congruent with Kaweco inks. Hence, Caran d'Ache Blue Sky = Kaweco Royal Blue.

AndyYNWA, thanks for the link. I got some Kobe ink there, which was nice, but I can't figure a user-friendly way to get the more obscure shop specials. I suspect there is not such a way, and the people who get them have connections in Japan that I will not have. So be it. I've more or less sworn off inks that cost that much, anyway.

-snip-

I have sent you a DM.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Ordered Papier Plume Moss Green and Lover's Red when they offered free shipping in USA in April, and my friend just brought them back to Taiwan for me! Yay! Can't wait to get home and try them out😍

Papier Plume Moss Green is such a delight! I prefer the color to MontBlanc's Daniel Defoe Palm Green. However, Moss Green does run a bit wet--doesn't play well on "everyday" paper. I think it pairs nicely with fine nabbed or drier pens.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Papier Plume Moss Green is such a delight! I prefer the color to MontBlanc's Daniel Defoe Palm Green. However, Moss Green does run a bit wet--doesn't play well on "everyday" paper. I think it pairs nicely with fine nabbed or drier pens.

Thanks for the tip! Now I legitimately NEED to buy a new pen...😁

Just ordered a bunch of samples from Konrad.

• Honey
  • Gummiberry
  • Azure #3
  • Old Gold
  • Green #5
  • IG Green Gold

Wouldn't be surprised if most or all of them transforms into bottles before summer.

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

• Honey
  • Gummiberry
  • Azure #3
  • Old Gold
  • Green #5
  • IG Green Gold

Wouldn't be surprised if most or all of them transforms into bottles before summer.

YEP... I will put money down on Honey, Gummiberry, Old Gold and IG Green Gold. :wub: :wub:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Honey
  • Gummiberry
  • Azure #3
  • Old Gold
  • Green #5
  • IG Green Gold

All of them are great, even if Azure is too light for my taste.

Konrad's inks are winners.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Per request, here is a fairly close representation of what comes from the nice bottle I posted above.

P.S. Ignore the spray. That's something else.
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/go-wildcats/IMG_1987_zpsesxbuwqb.jpg

Edited by Pensei