What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

My Iroshizuku Shin Kai just got here a week after the longest expected delivery time expired. It shades better than I was expecting, writes nice and wet and doesn't bleed or feather much, even in my Moleskine (mine seems pretty bleed/feather resistant compared to most), though it is more at home on Rhodia I think. It feathers a little on inkjet paper but I can't hold that against it. Nice match for my Lamy Studio with 1.5 mm cursive italic.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Murasaki Shikibu is also a flowering plant.. We have one in our yard.

That's nice. Thanks for the information.

Just received the following J Herbins:

Lie de The - I have lusted for this ink for quite a while, and it sure does shine and shade on Rhodia paper. On basic Staples copy paper it falls completely through. Bland and unsaturated to satý the least,

Perle Noire: I find Black inks as uninteresting as the next guy, but my dissappointment with Noodlers Dark Matter compelled me to try this one out, and what a treat! This is a true Black ink that fits my Sheaffer Legacy just fine for taking notes at Work. Lovely ink.

Eclat de Saphir: I´m looking for a substitute for Kon Peki, and as Sailor Sky High is unavailable, I looked towards EdS as a more saturated light blue ink. What an utter Waste. To me it isn´t a blue ink, but rather a purple ink leaning towards blue. I hate purple, so this one is going to get PIF´d

-Sheaffer Peacock Blue

-The four FPN exclusive inks

-Noodlers

Yellow

Texas Blue Steel

Texas Black Bat

Texas Live Oak

Alamo Twilight

Edited by northstar

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

That's nice. Thanks for the information.

You're welcome. I'd send pics but it isn't in bloom and I can't post pics for some reason anyway.

Rouille de Ancre from Herbin. Though it is an obtainable ink (unlike most of the stuff we go for here---Ha ha ha on us) and some folks don't like it, I am having conniptions over thinking about putting it in a nice juicy Montblanc OB or M and writing a pile of thank you notes. I am so stoked.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Some noodlers Ottoman azure.

I like it, but I think I may need to dilute it a smidge.

Noodler's Ottoman Azure and Blue are very similar inks. I have, in the past had to dilute my Blue so that it dried on certain papers (like Nu: Elite) before the end of the century.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

A couple of days ago, through the kindness of another FPN member, an absolutely gorgeous bottle of Iroshizuku Fuyu-gaki, arrived in our mailbox. Thank you! You know who you are :) :wub:.

And, just moments ago, Amazon delivered Levenger Gemstone Green for us, and Noodler's Blue Ghost as a birthday gift for my daughter. Not sure if there are any other orders waiting to arrive. I'll have to ask zwack.

"In the end, only kindness matters."

A bottle of Platinum Blue-Black, A pouch of Callifolio Inti (and an empty bottle to decant it into), and 6 samples from KWZ standard line: hunter green, rotten green, dark brown, brown-pink, honey and grapefruit.

J. Herbin Rouille d' Ancre....I am loving it.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg