What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

These:

fpn_1461669537__img_0309.jpg

:happycloud9: :happycloud9: :happycloud9:

Congratulations :)

I got kin-mokusei, Sakura-Mori, Irori, chu-shu and Waka-Uguiso a few weeks ago. Only keeping Irori and sending the rest to another FPN member. Although I have been too lazy to go and ship it. :P

Hoping that I can find rikyu-cha somewhere.

Good 'ol Chesterfield Antique Slate and the Night Sapphire. Testing these colors since I liked so much the Antique Jade.

Many thanks to Vanness Pens I was able to experience the Lamy Dark Lilac & am very happy to have a bottle. NOW the X Fountain pen order of the new Chesterfield antique inks should be arriving............

Just arrived today...cutest little bottle of take-sumi.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/nukemkb/cbce4f7d42fd2dd92a5a5bd9504fea5d.jpg

I have that as well, in a three-bottle set that also has tsuki-yo and kon-peki.

If you buy it from engeika's online shop, the price per ml of the three sample sets is only a little above that of a 50 ml bottle.

And you get a lovely presentation box.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

My Lamy Coral came today.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Received my backup Sailor Kobe Sannomiya Panse. Now I'm good for a while with my purples.

I got a full bottle of R&K Documentus Hellblau.

And a whole bunch of ink samples to try:

Akkerman: Akkerman Blauw, Shocking Blue, Simplisties Violet, and Passage Blauw.

Diamine Kensington Blue, Mediterranean Blue, and Raw Sienna

Lamy Dark Violet

Montblanc Midnight Blue

Pilot/Namiki Black

Private Reserve Arabian Rose

(Oh and a cartridge of Lamy Blue that came with the Dark Lilac Safari...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Received my backup Sailor Kobe Sannomiya Panse. Now I'm good for a while with my purples.

I almost pushed the button on this one but then I decided it looked a fair amount like Nioi Sumire. So you happen to have an opinion on that?

I almost pushed the button on this one but then I decided it looked a fair amount like Nioi Sumire. So you happen to have an opinion on that?

Does this help?

fpn_1462173853__image.jpg

Verba volant, scripta manent

Three bottles of MB Tolstoy arrived today, thanks to the 'email when back in stock' feature at Anderson's. There's my son's textbook money for college next year sorted.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

Got Perle Noire, new to me, some more Lie de Thé and Vert Empire... I'd really like a 100ml bottle of the latter. Perle Noire is the blackest ink I've ever used, it comes out thicker than others from the same pen. Don't pay too much attention to Yama Guri, I recently cleaned the pen and it's coming out way too pale...

fpn_1462217738__img_20160502_142825_edit

fpn_1462217763__img_20160502_143032.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I got a full bottle of R&K Documentus Hellblau.

And a whole bunch of ink samples to try:

Akkerman: Akkerman Blauw, Shocking Blue, Simplisties Violet, and Passage Blauw.

Diamine Kensington Blue, Mediterranean Blue, and Raw Sienna

Lamy Dark Violet

Montblanc Midnight Blue

Pilot/Namiki Black

Private Reserve Arabian Rose

(Oh and a cartridge of Lamy Blue that came with the Dark Lilac Safari...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Does this help?

fpn_1462173853__image.jpg

Swabs, scans and pictures from swab are really tricky. In these pictures and some swabs captured with kind of intense light Sannomiya looks much darker than its actually is. I tried to do some photo, but almost got the same as the swab above. In real life Sannomiya Panse's closest match is Diamine Imperial Purple. In some swabs its a bit bluer especially when its fresh, but after awhile, they kind of equalized. In writing they are similar, but Sannomiya Panse is a tiny bit lighter than Imperial Purple. But when its fresh out from the nib its noticeable bluer a tiny bit. But its dependent from the paper and pen as well. Will try to do some picture in direct sunlight, probably will have only time for that in the weekend. I tried it in the past but didn't managed to capture its true essence, and didn't posted those eventually. I think Nioi-Sumire is more closer to blue, than Sannomiya Panse.

Swabs, scans and pictures from swab are really tricky. In these pictures and some swabs captured with kind of intense light Sannomiya looks much darker than its actually is. I tried to do some photo, but almost got the same as the swab above. In real life Sannomiya Panse's closest match is Diamine Imperial Purple. In some swabs its a bit bluer especially when its fresh, but after awhile, they kind of equalized. In writing they are similar, but Sannomiya Panse is a tiny bit lighter than Imperial Purple. But when its fresh out from the nib its noticeable bluer a tiny bit. But its dependent from the paper and pen as well. Will try to do some picture in direct sunlight, probably will have only time for that in the weekend. I tried it in the past but didn't managed to capture its true essence, and didn't posted those eventually. I think Nioi-Sumire is more closer to blue, than Sannomiya Panse.

I agree about ink colours online. That's why ink reviews are so unreliable - the variables involved mean you can only judge an ink when you're actually using it. I also agree about my quick swabs above - purple is the most notoriously difficult to photograph/scan accurately. Nioi Sumire is a tricky ink to pin down - it's very blue when fresh, but turns more purple as it dries, and over a few days.

My Panse (I've tried 4 of my bottles) is definitely the darker of the 2 by some way. I can also see a distinct difference in the behaviour, saturation & tone when compared to Imperial Purple. I'm not a fan of the Diamine ink, especially as it can stain & is paper fussy.. Doesn't like being used in pen & ink drawings either

Just got Lamy Dark Lilac and Mont Blanc Lavender Purple.

Aurora Optima Nero Perla M | Eversharp Skyline Blue Flexible F | Franklin-Christoph 31 Purpurae Fine SIG | Franklin-Christoph 45 IPO Coco Pearl Medium Stub | Franklin-Christoph 45 Antique Glass MCI | Franklin-Christoph Pocket 66 Italian Ice MCI | Lamy 2000 F | Lamy 2000 M | Lamy Studio Violet Steel F | Lamy Studio Wild Rubin 14k FM (Custom Ground) | Montblanc Meisterstuck Mozart Solitaire Doue Sterling Silver 925 M | Namiki Vanishing Point Faceted M | Parker Duofold Senior Green Stripe (1941 - 1948) Flexible F | Parker Vacumatic Junior Green F | Pelikan M200 Traditional Black F | Pelikan M215 Rings F | Pelikan M400 White Tortoise EF | Pilot CH 92 Blue FM | Pilot CH 92 Clear M | Pilot Decimo Violet F | Pilot Metropolitan Black Crocodile F | Pilot Metropolitan Silver M | Pilot Vanishing Point Matte Black B Architect | Pilot Vanishing Point Raden Water Surface F | Platinum Century 3776 Chartres Blue SF | Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black H-M | Sailor Sapporo Violet H-FM | TWSBI Eco Black M | TWSBI Eco Clear F | TWSBI Vac 700 0.7 CI (Custom Ground)

Thanks very much to migo984 and VivienR for the pictures and comments in response to my question about #18 and Nioi Sumire. As you both observe so acutely, photographs online are only the most imprecise starting point, while a thoughtful written description can add so much. I don't know if it's my monitor or my eyes, but I find that in the purple/violet range, the online representations are particularly perilous.

Thanks very much to migo984 and VivienR for the pictures and comments in response to my question about #18 and Nioi Sumire. As you both observe so acutely, photographs online are only the most imprecise starting poi. I don't know if it's my monitor or my eyes, but I find that in the purple/violet range, the online representations are particularly perilous.

Thanks very much to migo984 and VivienR for the pictures and comments in response to my question about #18 and Nioi Sumire. As you both observe so acutely, photographs online are only the most imprecise starting point, while a thoughtful written description can add so much. I don't know if it's my monitor or my eyes, but I find that in the purple/violet range, the online representations are particularly perilous.

You're welcome. Ink appreciation is such a personal thing, and reviews are an extremely imprecise science/art**, often influenced by so many agendas, variables & other factors; I find even written descriptions are often flawed & fallible. But I appreciate the time people take to make their opinions of inks known.

And I totally agree; purple/violet/mauve/lilac etc - they're all shifty little wotsits when it comes to online representation.

** to be agreed ;-)

I don't know if it's my monitor or my eyes, but I find that in the purple/violet range, the online representations are particularly perilous.

And I totally agree; purple/violet/mauve/lilac etc - they're all shifty little wotsits when it comes to online representation.

I am glad I am not the only one who consistently experience this problem. I just got a sample of Caran d'Ache Ultraviolet, and I am very disappointed with the ink in general - especially since I was expecting a purple ink with hint of gray, not the other way around. Iroshizuku Murasaki-shikibu and Sailor Shigure both were different in person for me too, but I really liked those two inks so I didn't think accurate color representation could be that big of an issue. Oh well...