What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

It's actually Australian dollars (Australian site after all) which might make the price a bit more palatable, maybe?

I am such an idiot... THANKS!!!... for pointing it out... :lol: :lol: (the AUD, not that I am an idiot.. :P)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

My first inks are coming on Thursday (supposedly). I went with Waterman Serenity Blue and Absolute Brown.

From my reading, they are the standard, benchmark blue and brown. Not necessarily special, but good, safe and reliable - and that works for my first ink.

I regret not ordering Diamine Ancient Copper, though - that's a beautiful ink!

I am such an idiot... THANKS!!!... for pointing it out... :lol: :lol: (the AUD, not that I am an idiot.. :P)

C.

Lol, it's a bit confusing since they both (and so many others too) use $ signs. :D According to the site's currency converter, it works out to about $10 USD (no thanks to our lousy dollar. :( )

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

I am waiting for two bottles: one of Omas blue and another of Omas Violet.

With the closing of Omas I believe these inks will be increasingly hard to find.

Lol, it's a bit confusing since they both (and so many others too) use $ signs. :D According to the site's currency converter, it works out to about $10 USD (no thanks to our lousy dollar. :( )

Dude I am Canadian... AUD is almost same as CAD... :(

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Sorry. :( But at least you understand the pain. :P I don't see the country flags in the mobile version, so I'm sorry for the mistake.

Also, postage might be kind of expensive from Australia? :(

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

Sailor Kobe Ur Lapis and Shosaikan Seiran arrived today from Atsu. Still waiting for Kobe No. 20.

What did he charge for the Shosaikan Seiran? He hasn't replied to my inquiry about this ink.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Sorry. :( But at least you understand the pain. :P I don't see the country flags in the mobile version, so I'm sorry for the mistake.

Also, postage might be kind of expensive from Australia? :(

I'll do a store pickup in April if my trip to Australia is confirmed. B)

I'll do a store pickup in April if my trip to Australia is confirmed. B)

Australia is the place to be! :-) I'll be there for 6 months from next week. Yay :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

What did he charge for the Shosaikan Seiran? He hasn't replied to my inquiry about this ink.

Now that he knows he can get US$185 for it, he probably won't be selling any more for US$40. :unsure:

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Now that he knows he can get US$185 for it, he probably won't be selling any more for US$40. :unsure:

I guess not... :wacko:

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

I guess people have figured out that the speculating seller was cool-Japan only. :)

For some unexplained reason Pelikan's Blue/Black colour is not available from our North American distributor Chartpack. :( I've been able to source this fine ink from Cult Pens (no affiliation). This ink is available not only in bottles, but in international short carts.

Waiting for a small shipment of these illusive Pelikan B/B carts. (Suppose I could refill empty carts with bottled Pel. B/B, but I'm too lazy to do that.)

My tracked Air package will have to be signed for, which is a real boon in the cold Canadian Winter.

This ink will not be left in our "dreaded" Canada Post Super Boxes to freeze or even to explode. :)

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

For some unexplained reason Pelikan's Blue/Black colour is not available from our North American distributor Chartpack. :( I've been able to source this fine ink from Cult Pens (no affiliation). This ink is available not only in bottles, but in international short carts.

Waiting for a small shipment of these illusive Pelikan B/B carts. (Suppose I could refill empty carts with bottled Pel. B/B, but I'm too lazy to do that.)

My tracked Air package will have to be signed for, which is a real boon in the cold Canadian Winter.

This ink will not be left in our "dreaded" Canada Post Super Boxes to freeze or even to explode. :)

Not really unexplained. The explanation has been around for some years now. There is some ingredient on Pelikan BB that has not passed FDA, so you won't be able to find this ink in the US.

Very easy to find all over the world thou,

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

USA Food & Drug Administration?

Wow! :yikes:

Whatever I've read in the past about the "why" of it seemed to be clouded by conjecture.

In any event,...I won't take this wonderful blue/black ink internally. :lol:

Only externally, in broad edged nibs.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

USA Food & Drug Administration?

Wow! :yikes:

Whatever I've read in the past about the "why" of it seemed to be clouded by conjecture.

In any event,...I won't take this wonderful blue/black ink internally. :lol:

Only externally, in broad edged nibs.

LOL... good to know.. ;)

C.

P.S. Maybe is not the FDA, but I do know that one of the ingredients is banned in the US. :huh:

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Well the samples of Diamine Saddle Brown, Waterman Absolute Brown, Sheaffer Brown and Monteverde Brown arrived as scheduled from Goulet Pens, but my Blackstone Colours of Australia from Anderson which were sent the same day same method (2 day USPS on Monday), haven't arrived yet and last time I checked Wisconsin is closer than Virginia - almost 700 miles closer.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Demand to get paid in USD :D I found ordering two bottles from Australia, even with air shipping and tracking, was less than USD 25.00 :P

Still waiting for a bottle of ink I bought off the classifieds here. I am beginning to think I got ripped off :(