What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Thanks to a post about the new Montblanc gold ink @ La Couronne du Comte I decided to add the Diamine Flower set to "fill up the box." After giving myself the Music set last year (& paying almost twice as much from a US retailer that included a $20.00 shipping charge;) this seemed like a really nice savings to add some inks I will enjoy.

Thanks to a post about the new Montblanc gold ink @ La Couronne du Comte I decided to add the Diamine Flower set to "fill up the box." After giving myself the Music set last year (& paying almost twice as much from a US retailer that included a $20.00 shipping charge;) this seemed like a really nice savings to add some inks I will enjoy.

You will love the flower set.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Kingdom Note Mycena-pura

Kingdom Note Pheasant

Bungbox Norwegian Wood

Bungbox First Love Sapphire

Edelstein Topaz

Iroshizuku Shin-ryoku

Kobe #24 Nakayamate Black

Kobe #35 Hachibuse Silhouette Green

KWZI Brown Pink

KWZI Rotten Green

Merry Christmas to me! XD

how can i buy bungbox inks...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

My latest ink order will be an exercise in patience; I ordered three bottles of Hero ink from China, through BangGood.com:

• Blue (233)
  • Blue-Black (232)
  • Carbon Black (234)

I have an array of sub-$5 Chinese pens to run them through, so no worries about potentially ruining a vintage Waterblanc.

EDIT: The total cost for 180ml of ink, including shipping, was $14.27.

Edited by magnus919

Magnus | Raleigh, NC [uSA] | @Magnus919 | TerraMagnus

Kyonooto "Aonibi" (blue-black)

Kyo-iro "Soft Snow of Ohara" (blurple)

Will probably be sent after the holidays.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Kyonooto "Aonibi" (blue-black)

Kyo-iro "Soft Snow of Ohara" (blurple)

Will probably be sent after the holidays.

I'm still on the fence about this ink. So, if and when you have time, please write a review on the inks. :happy:

I've also seen the inks with metal caps as oppose to plastic one--do let me know which your's comes in.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I'm still on the fence about this ink. So, if and when you have time, please write a review on the inks. :happy:

I've also seen the inks with metal caps as oppose to plastic one--do let me know which your's comes in.

The inks I got (pre-release) came with metal caps - and I had some leakage during shipping. I've fed that back to the manufacturers so hopefully they'll review/check the bottle closures.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Well, I *was* waiting for Sailor Bung Box Sapphire (First Love/Hatsukoi, etc), but it just came last night! I put it in my TWSBI Diamond Mini with the 1.5 nib. I have to say, the slight red sheen is there and the shading is pretty decent too (but this is the wrong nib for heavy shading). Really loving the color and behavior. I highly recommend it...except for the craptacular bottle.

how can i buy bungbox inks...

As AndyYNWA stated, you can email Bungbox directly about purchase, but they may or may not have the colors you want in stock. It should be noted that stock availability noted on their website is not always accurate.

Vanness is currently the only American vendor to carry Bungbox inks. Their selection is also limited and not reflective of what Bungbox itself has in stock. Their shipments come in unannounced, in small batches, rarely on schedule, so it's difficult for them to tell customer's when inks will arrive. They currently have 4 colors available: 4B, Norwegian Wood Emerald, Ink of the Witch, First Love Sapphire, Dandyism Green.

At the moment, Bungbox/Sailor is only issuing 8 colors at a time (aside from seasonal releases). I do not know when all colors will be available again.

You can contact Atsu (cool-japan on eBay: Acts as an intermediary for ink purchases--for a fee--when Japanese shops will not mail out of country), but he doesn't ship to certain countries (I think India is one of them). He also gets in a steady stream of Japanese inks in his eBay store (Iroshizuku,Nagasawa Kobe, latter being not as available until early next year). Very honest seller with a sterling reputation on eBay and the FPN forums.

Hope that helped.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

As AndyYNWA stated, you can email Bungbox directly about purchase, but they may or may not have the colors you want in stock. It should be noted that stock availability noted on their website is not always accurate.

Vanness is currently the only American vendor to carry Bungbox inks. Their selection is also limited and not reflective of what Bungbox itself has in stock. Their shipments come in unannounced, in small batches, rarely on schedule, so it's difficult for them to tell customer's when inks will arrive. They currently have 4 colors available: 4B, Norwegian Wood Emerald, Ink of the Witch, First Love Sapphire, Dandyism Green.

At the moment, Bungbox/Sailor is only issuing 8 colors at a time (aside from seasonal releases). I do not know when all colors will be available again.

You can contact Atsu (cool-japan on eBay: Acts as an intermediary for ink purchases--for a fee--when Japanese shops will not mail out of country), but he doesn't ship to certain countries (I think India is one of them). He also gets in a steady stream of Japanese inks in his eBay store (Iroshizuku,Nagasawa Kobe, latter being not as available until early next year). Very honest seller with a sterling reputation on eBay and the FPN forums.

Hope that helped.

Thank you so much for the answer... L'amant in particular is eluding me a lot.. Ve been after that for like ages

vaibhav mehandiratta

Hope that helped.

Thank you so much for the answer... L'amant in particular is eluding me a lot.. Ve been after that for like ages

vaibhav mehandiratta

Sure, I will write a review.

Will be interesting to see when they ship the bottles....

YNWA - JFT97

• 4 weeks later...

Bung Box L'Amant

Bung Box Fuji-yama Blue

MontBlanc Johnathan Swift

Nagasawa Kobe #18 Sannomiya Panse

Nagasawa Kobe #38 Kitanozawa NighT Blue

L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Yalumba

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Bung Box L'AmantBung Box Fuji-yama BlueMontBlanc Johnathan SwiftNagasawa Kobe #18 Sannomiya PanseNagasawa Kobe #38 Kitanozawa NighT BlueL'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Yalumba

#18 & #38 are yummy :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

Bung Box L'Amant

Bung Box Fuji-yama Blue

Nagasawa Kobe #18 Sannomiya Panse

Nagasawa Kobe #38 Kitanozawa NighT Blue

L'Amant!!!

Also Kobe #38 is nice.

YNWA - JFT97

Akkerman Shocking Blue

Akkerman Chinatown Red

Akkerman Zuiderpark Blauw-Groen

Can't wait to try them (the bottles are not too bad either ;) ).

Bung Box L'Amant

Bung Box Fuji-yama Blue

Nagasawa Kobe #18

Sannomiya PanseNagasawa

Kobe #38 Kitanozawa Night Blue

Let's add the following to that list:

Pen and Message Cigar

Writing Lab Quadrifoglio

Ink, a drug.