What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Not really. :)

People who are older than me have much more inks than I have. It's easy to go thru 6-7 bottles of ink in an year. That is, if you keep using the same color.

• 2 weeks later...

As I've lamented elsewhere on FPN I have fallen off the wagon. I have bought some fountain pens, and now I have fallen off the wagon completely and even bought some ink. I should note that I had already had a lifetime supply of ink before I had fallen off the wagon a previous time years ago.

Anyway, I couldn't resist the combination of good quantity and lower than anyone else's price and so I bought a 350 mL bottle of Pilot Blue/Black ink and a 350 mL bottle of Pilot Black ink. I have been informed that they have shipped today.

I got the Pilot Blue/Black ink because people were going on about how great it was on another thread, and I got the Pilot Black ink because I mix inks a lot and a non-permanent black ink can be useful for me.

The Pilot Blue/Black and Pilot Black arrived on Thursday. I had placed the order on September 28, it had all been shipped on October 3, and I got the two large bottles of ink on October 15. This was faster shipping than had been advertised.

I had been somewhat apprehensive about getting this ink because I chose the “economy shipping” option. That provides for no tracking and no insurance, so if things go wrong you are out of luck. But I really hadn't wanted to pay $10 more for the shipping.

Someone rang the bell on Thursday afternoon. I went to the door, looked out and asked who it was. I heard someone leaving. I opened the door and found a brown cardboard package on the doorstep. Did they realize I was home or would they have left it there for anyone to grab had I not been home?

When I picked it up I was horrified to see that the box was heavily damaged. About a third of the box was just crushed, and there was a gaping hole in the crushed part, with tape unstuck and the cardboard pushed in. I had visions of bad news. But there was nothing leaking from the box.

I got it inside and opened up and was very relieved to find that both 350 mL bottles of ink were in fine shape. One of the inner boxed was bent and creased a bit, but that was it. What a relief!

I really have to make these the last ink purchases. Really, I must. I should. It'd be nice if I did. Wait'll next time :headsmack: .

Oh, yeah, the next time :blush: . Well, that happened over this past weekend. I bought nine bottles of Noodler's inks :yikes: . These got shipped Priority Mail 2 day delivery, and I was tracking it all the way. The USPS Web site said that the ink would be delivered on Thursday. I was waiting for it when the two bottles of Pilot ink arrived by surprise that day.

Friday morning I looked at the USPS Web site again and found that they had updated things. Now my package was “Delayed,” :unsure: with an orange graphic instead of a green one. And the package had been in one of the USPS centers, and was now listed as having left that facility about 24 hours after it had been listed as having left that same facility the day before. Apprehension :gaah: . I had visions of it having been delayed by the package having been dropped and all of the ink bottles having broken, requiring quite a clean up at the USPS facility and thus a delay.

In the middle of the afternoon the bell rings. I rush to the door and the USPS delivery person is there. She hands me the package and it looks all right. I got it in the house, opened it up and all was well :) . I now have nine more bottles of Noodler's inks. Some years ago I had well over 100 bottles. I have used up maybe two or three bottles of ink since then. I think that I may have mentioned somewhere that I do not need any more ink. What an addiction this is. But I was so glad that both my ink orders had arrived in good shape. I now have about 1.5 L more ink than I had a week ago :happycloud9: .

Can I even get near the wagon now? Can I at all climb on it or am I permanently going to slide right off again? Oh, I can't afford to keep doing this :doh: .

I'm wondering if I should buy some loose nibs :wallbash: .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Diamine Shimmertastic inks are travelling from the other side of the world to me and will likely be here this week!

No longer waiting…

fpn_1445281279__p1010445.jpg

I can haz inkiez?

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

Hello,

To save my self the trouble of typing the long list and you reading the list, will just summarize it by saying I have 41 (yes I know, I missed that lecture about "logic") bottles of ink ordered and coming my way.

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello,

To save my self the trouble of typing the long list and you reading the list, will just summarize it by saying I have 41 (yes I know, I missed that lecture about "logic") bottles of ink ordered and coming my way.

Best regards.

I want to read the list..... :lol:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hello,

Best regards.

Hi,

I don't whether this counts, but my order is slowly being compiled in Japan and I am expecting almost 55-60 bottles of ink early next year.

I hope I don't regret this. Waiting for some action on that sailor thread I followed without registering. :)

Kind Regards

RJ

Edited by RayJ

Well I am very new to this, so I am building up the collection, so most of the inks I am getting are inks that you must have had for long time and are considered normal or boring, but let me try and list

Private reserve

---------------

Tropical blue

ebony blue x2

ebony green x2

dc super violet

arabian rose x3

MB

--

Meisterstuck 90th Permanent grey X2

seasons greetings Cinnammon red X2

mysterious black

royal blue

midnight blue

lavender purple

blue hour

Sailor

------

Doyou

Noodlers

--------

Ottoman azure

shah rose

apache sunset x3

Lexington grey

black x2

Diamine

-------

Ancient copper

hope pink x2

J herbin

--------

Emeraude de chivor x2

Stormy grey X2

Bley ocean x2

Rouge hematite x2

Levenger

--------

Shiraz

cobalt blue

gemstone green

Best regards.

Well I am very new to this, so I am building up the collection, so most of the inks I am getting are inks that you must have had for long time and are considered normal or boring, but let me try and list

/quote]

That's a really good list. It must be fun starting off like that, rather than slowly buying one bottle at a time. How did you decide in which to buy?

Verba volant, scripta manent

Well I have a few other inks including some vintage and/or discontinued, but this one's I selected mostly based on the information I got from the reviews and comparisons I found here on FPN forums.

I am also trying the inks that somehow related to my culture, like Arabian rose, Ottoman azure, shahs rose, levenger shiraz ....

Best regards.

Montblanc Winter Glow x 2

Noodler's Blue Upon the Plains of Abraham x 2

Bungo Ishida Hakodate Twilight Blue and IAI135

These are coming from three different enablers.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

^i thought winter glow was discontinued back in 2012. Could you please share the details as to where you are getting it from? If you don't mind.

Kind Regards

RJ

They have arrived :) - only the vietnamese ones arrived by postal means. The Watermans I have found at a garage sale.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/626401DSCF3074.jpg

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

I am waiting on my first bottle of Iroshizuku, so much choice but was conservative and went for Shin-kai.

Coming from Japan.... very slowly.......

Will be worth the wait I hope.

1950s Silver Rings, 1962 and 1985 Montblanc 149, Montblanc III a, 136, 234,5 252, 342, 344, plus some modern too....

^i thought winter glow was discontinued back in 2012. Could you please share the details as to where you are getting it from? If you don't mind.

I found Winter Glow on Amazon.com, and you usually can find some on eBay as well. It's expensive.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

^ Yes, I found some on both Amazon and eBay. But at $50, not sure whether it's worth it. Noodlers Nikita looks like a very pure red like winter glow. It's just that the name of this ink is so cool.

I have mini Pilot Iroshizuku set (Ama-Iro, Fuyu-Gaki, Syo-Ro) coming in tomorrow!

I also just bought Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun, Private Reserve Velvet Black, and Diamine Majestic Blue from Anderson Pens. So excited!

Today is my day to get all red faced from talking about what I'm waiting for in the mail, I guess :blush: .

So, did I fall off the wagon or did I never even get on it this time?

I have the following coming some time pretty soon now:

Noodler's Ink Beaver, 3 oz.

Noodler's Ink Purple, 3 oz.

Noodler's Ink Dragon's Napalm, 4.50 oz

The Beaver and Purple are just adding to what I already have. I mix some colors that I like with those inks. The Dragon's Napalm was at a price I couldn't resist.

WhiteRockWaterPierceArrowTruck.jpg

Hey, there are already a couple of guys up on this water wagon/truck. Maybe I should join them!

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell