What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Ordering a bunch of ink rather than a bottle at a time can save a lot.

Like this, last month I ordered 11 sailor inks, a picture of which I posted in the 4 season ink thread if you remember.

8 bottles of 4 season ink, 2 bottles of pigmented ink and a standard blue ink.

Pigmented ink costed me less than $14 a bottle including shipping and custom charges.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Currently waiting on Montblanc LE Leo Tolstoy...a blue I really like.

I've been a bit underwhelmed with it so far; I've found it rather bland. But I'm persevering and trying it yet another pen/nib/paper combination.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Just ordered a bottle of Sailor Sei-Boku. Just hope that my Lamy Fine is wet enough to get a nice dark line and not a pale turquoise...

I'm not sure how to describe this shade of blue, but it is one of my favorites.

It's suppose to be a blue/black, but it doesn't quite fit into that category, at least in my mind. It has the qualities of heavily variegated indigo: a nice mix of light and dark shading. A wet nib will best showcase its attributes, but a LAMY (F) will display it well enough (that was the last FP I had the ink in).

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Caran d'Ache Colors of Earth Carbon Black and Grand Canyon Brown arrived today!

The bottles are like ice cubes, very pretty. More glass than ink, 30ml, but I knew that going in.

fpn_1443124647__caran_dache_2.jpg

fpn_1443124683__caran_dache_4.jpg

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Very nice!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Caran D'ache Colors of Earth Carbon Black and Grand Canyon Brown arrived today!

The bottles are like ice cubes, very pretty. More glass than ink, 30ml, but I knew that going in.

fpn_1443124647__caran_dache_2.jpg

fpn_1443124683__caran_dache_4.jpg

I really like them too. I only have three the black and the two blue. Although they are pricey, but the bottle and the ink quality is well worth it. Personally considering Sailor inks good behaving ones, but compare Sailor Black to Caran d'Ache Carbon I like more the Carbon.

As I've lamented elsewhere on FPN I have fallen off the wagon. I have bought some fountain pens, and now I have fallen off the wagon completely and even bought some ink. I should note that I had already had a lifetime supply of ink before I had fallen off the wagon a previous time years ago.

Anyway, I couldn't resist the combination of good quantity and lower than anyone else's price and so I bought a 350 mL bottle of Pilot Blue/Black ink and a 350 mL bottle of Pilot Black ink. I have been informed that they have shipped today.

I got the Pilot Blue/Black ink because people were going on about how great it was on another thread, and I got the Pilot Black ink because I mix inks a lot and a non-permanent black ink can be useful for me.

I really have to make these the last ink purchases. Really, I must. I should. It'd be nice if I did. Wait'll next time :headsmack: .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

I might have an ink or two that I haven't opened yet. I know I have a bunch of samples I haven't tried yet.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'm jonesing for the set of Shimmertastics.

Not in the mail, per se. But in the process of major computer and phone upgrades this week (I think I've been on the phone with Apple tech support people 7 times since Sunday night :wallbash:) I discovered the old email exchange from last winter with a guy in my local pen club about a group buy of KWZI inks. So I pinged the guy, and he's going to get back to me this weekend (the inks have been in long since, but there were some email list issues, and he travels overseas on business a lot).

So, *eventually* I will be getting #4 Azure #3, #74 IG Orange, #75 IG Green-Gold, and #81 IG Cherry. YAY!!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Three Diamine inks: Vermillion, Oxblood and Sapphire. Yes, Diamine inks are finally available in my country!

Pilot blue and black cartridges.

Faber Castell blue and black cartridges.

Edited by Tanzanite

I'm waiting on Tulipe Noire. I've been on the hunt for very dark purple inks with a slight warmth. Not sure if it will hit the mark though.

Four inks from the Land under the Sea:
#16 Oranje Boven
#10 Ijzer-Galnoten blauw/zwart
#21 China Town Red
#27 Bezuidenwoudgroen

And their 20-pen case.

Edited by Noihvo

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

I might have an ink or two that I haven't opened yet. I know I have a bunch of samples I haven't tried yet.

Hah! I can do better, or worse, than that.

I have full ink bottles that I have not yet touched, and not just a tiny number of those. Now some are duplicates of what I have because I'd decided that I should stock up on ink that I use a lot; this was years ago. However, I have some inks that I bought, long before I went on the wagon and then when I fell off it some years ago, and they are new inks to me and I haven't even done a cursory test of them yet.

My cursory test consists of using a plastic straw that I cut at an angle and that I dip into the ink and then I draw the makeshift nib across the paper that I keep my ink catalog on. So I haven't even done that to these inks.

I also found that one of the orders wasn't quite right, so I have an ink I did not want to buy setting in a box somewhere. It's Noodler's Brown #41. This is what happens when you don't open the box that stuff arrives in in a timely manner. The on-line store that I bought that particular bunch of bottles from no longer exists, and hasn't for years, so I guess that ink is mine, as opposed to the ink that I'd bought.

Yeah, I should get around to testing a bunch of those inks :doh: .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Hello,

Just ordered few, and now that I am checking the list, I somehow skipped PR tropical blue so have to order it next time, the ones ordered are:

Noodlers . Apache sunset ...... X 3

.......... Lexington gray ..... X 1

PR ....... DC super violet LE . X 1

.......... Ebony blue ......... X 1

.......... Ebony green ........ X 1

.......... Arabian rose ....... X 3

Diamine .. Ancient copper ..... X 2

Best regards.

Edited by northstar

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Three Diamine inks: Vermillion, Oxblood and Sapphire. Yes, Diamine inks are finally available in my country!

Pilot blue and black cartridges.

Faber Castell blue and black cartridges.

Now I am also waiting for J Herbin Violette Pensee and Pelikan Edelstein Topaz.