What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Pilot Iroshizuku Fuyu-Gaki. It was something I was considering getting somewhere down the line, but it was $11.70 Prime shipping on Amazon.

You will love. It really is a beautiful red/orange persimmon color.

I'm not waiting for anything in the mail right now, but will be picking up a few inks at the Dallas show this coming weekend.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Pelikan Edelstein Garnet

Graf von Faber-Castell Moss Green

Where are you getting the garnet from? Isn't that ink of the year 2014?

Also, I'm in a fix regarding moss green. Have ordered it but I can change the order since it hasn't been shipped yet.

I don't know whether it's worth the 20.66 I am paying for it. If only I can get a similar and cheaper green.

You'll like the Moss Green.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Yet another 60 ml. flask of Akkerman # 10 Ijzet-galnoten blauw/zwart is wending my way from Vanness (no affiliation).

Just filled up with some # 10 after not using it for more than half a year. It darkens quite a bit as it oxidizes, but still shows massive amounts of shading with a wide, wet nib.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Iroshizuku Fuyu-Gaki and Kiri-Same are on their way to me. They're a bit out of my normal blue-oriented ink wheelhouse, but I'm looking forward to trying them.

You'll like the Moss Green.

Thank you. I'll try to convince myself to stick with it. :)

Ordered some more inks

SBRE brown

Akkerman #15 Voorhout Violet

Akkerman #4 Nassaus Blauw

Akkerman #5 Shocking Blue

Akkerman #8 Diep-Duinwaterblauw

Akkerman #23 Bekakt Haags

Akkerman #24 Zuiderpark Blauw-Groen

Akkerman #26 Groenmarkt Smaragd

Akkerman #18 Garuda Rood

Akkerman has been shipped, in fact, it was shipped within an hour of my placing the order. I got a picture of the parcel too. :)

SBRE is added to the existing herbin, R&K and GvFC order.

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

Where are you getting the garnet from? Isn't that ink of the year 2014?

Also, I'm in a fix regarding moss green. Have ordered it but I can change the order since it hasn't been shipped yet.

I don't know whether it's worth the 20.66 I am paying for it. If only I can get a similar and cheaper green.

Edelstein Garnett 2014 can be had at Vanness: https://vanness1938.com/?q=ink-detail/Edelstein%20Ink%20of%20the%20Year%202014%20Garnet

Montblanc Leo Tolstoy arrived yesterday, the rest came in today during lunch.

I'm now waiting for two bottles of Caran D'ache Colors of Earth:

Carbon Black

Grand Canyon

fpn_1442957159__graf_edelstein_mauren.jp

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Just finished my first full bottle of R & K Scabiosa.

Broke into the bottle in reserve, only to realize, that now I have to get another bottle before the snow flies. I don't want to run out.

So,... I'll get a bottle of Scabiosa from Wonderpens (no affiliation) in Toronto.

A wonderful ink, great folks.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Not particularly interested in the color. Just curious as it's not supposed to be available beyond 2014, and it's September 2015 so the stocks usually finish by now. Thank you for the link.

What's the green colored box with Japanese letters? Ink?

I haven't seen Garnet 2014 anywhere else on the sites I've rifled through, but many out-of-production inks can still be found, hidden away, in the nooks and crannies of varying websites. Some pen related, others not so much.

The green box is housing a bottle of Maruzen Athena Sepia.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I found some on Rakuten. Not exactly cheap but reasonable for an out of production ink. Good thing I had a look at the reviews here before buying it, didn't like the color.

I'd be interested in some Grand Canyon. From Vanness too?

There are Rakuten shops that show Edelstein Garnet 2014, but it's mostly out of stock. The only one that did appear to have 1 left, the shipping would be too close to the cost of the ink itself. With Vanness, as long as my purchase is $35+, I get free 2-3 day shipping (US)--I can never purchase one bottle of ink, so this works out great for me.

Many reviews for Garnet are harsh. However, it's not the watery, chalky, washed out color it's been shown to be in some reviews. Garnet is saturated and much more bold in person. Unlike other inks of the same name, it has absolutely no visible purple undertones. I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would!

Positive reviews on the inks have, I believe, more color accurate images, though I think it a coincidence. But, the ink isn't for everyone. It's not quite red nor orange--I wouldn't even call it garnet. It's earthy. Best I can describe it: sienna. Still, even that's debatable.

---

Three Caran d'Ache Colors of Earth colors can be found here (in the follow colors listed below): http://www.pianki.com/Caran-dAche-Fountain-Pen-Inks_c_189.html

Carbon Black
Blue Sky

Sunset Pink

Grand Canyon Brown was available 2 or 3 days ago, but I mentioned it in this thread the other day; I'm supposing other members snapped it up after that. Had I known you were interested in it, I would have messaged you first before posting about it.

My order of Caran d'Ache is scheduled to come in tomorrow. B)

I may order Sunset Pink as well--on ivory or cream colored, it looks rich and elegant.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

If it's an out of production ink, shipping cost being equal to cost of ink is usually a bonus for me.

I don't have any plans of buying it as I am nearing 50 bottles of ink and already have 9 bottles of Akkerman on it's way. :)

Plus, LE inks are something I'd stay away from. If I come to like them, they are impossible to get once I finish the bottle.

I already have a few brown inks coming so it's okay about Grand Canyon. I would have liked to try it though and see why it's liked so much by so many members. :)

Browns in Mail:

SBRE brown

Akkerman #23 Bekakt Haags (looks nice in the only review here)

GvFC Hazelnut brown (tentative)

If it's an out of production ink, shipping cost being equal to cost of ink is usually a bonus for me.

I don't have any plans of buying it as I am nearing 50 bottles of ink and already have 9 bottles of Akkerman on it's way. :)

Plus, LE inks are something I'd stay away from. If I come to like them, they are impossible to get once I finish the bottle.

I already have a few brown inks coming so it's okay about Grand Canyon. I would have liked to try it though and see why it's liked so much by so many members. :)

Browns in Mail:

SBRE brown

Akkerman #23 Bekakt Haags (looks nice in the only review here)

GvFC Hazelnut brown (tentative)

I believe that Brown inks tend to not get the attention it deserve from ink makers. The end result is a flat brown in many ink lines. So, when an interesting brown ink with character and depth pops up (occasionally), it tends to sell out. From what I understand, Caran d'Ache's Grand Canyon Brown is such a brown.

I don't mind the transiency of LE inks. Most ink lines change their standard inks at some point or tweek formulas--few inks remain the same over time.

I hope you do a review on SBRE Brown. I'm curious about it, but not enough to purchase it.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

My Sailor Kobe Sannomiya Panse arrived today. Oh seems so lovely.... Sonly will be in use. As well maybe a review can appear here in FPN.

Oh, yeay! I've been waiting for a review on this ink! XD

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

My Sailor Kobe Sannomiya Panse arrived today. Oh seems so lovely.... Sonly will be in use. As well maybe a review can appear here in FPN.

I left my bottle of Panse back in Australia. A mistake, cos I'm missing it. It's a lovely shade of purple & is a typical Sailor ink; nicely saturated, rich colour, some sheen.

Won't get to write with it now till next year :-(

Verba volant, scripta manent

Just ordered a bottle of Sailor Sei-Boku. Just hope that my Lamy Fine is wet enough to get a nice dark line and not a pale turquoise...

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

^I think you should wait and make a list of inks you are interested in. As soon as the list has 5 names, order those 5. It will save you a lot on shipping. Feel free to do otherwise.

^I think you should wait and make a list of inks you are interested in. As soon as the list has 5 names, order those 5. It will save you a lot on shipping. Feel free to do otherwise.

That's true, but some of the inks I get quite cheap from a domestic retailer, especially Sailor's standard inks (including delivery). And also I am a bit impatient when I have taken a decision.

Sei-Boku, is a bit more expensive in Sweden, but with 24h delivery it can be worth it.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy