What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

As a matter of fact, I just got in my bottle of Lamy Copper Orange bottle along with the copper orange al-star to boot. I'm in love.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

I'm waiting

Omas Blue

R&K Limited Edition 2012

Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite

www.inkreviews.es

Nagasawa Kobe in #12 Okamoto Pink
Pilot Iroshizuku in Tsukushi

Sailor Gentle in Tokiwa-matsu
Sailor Kingdom Note (Insect) in Tanna Japonensis
Sailor Kingdom Note (Mushroom) in Mycena Pura

Three of the five inks are coming straight from Japan and will only take (respectively) 7 days to get here, but I still can't stand the wait. :P

Edited by haruka337

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Since reading that Vanness had a new shipment of Bung Box ink NOW I have a bottle of Sweet Potato to look watch for! I am very excited about Vanness offering these inks & my Bung Box collection has expanded to it's own storage box as a result. I kind of like the "never know what will come in" on their announcement. It is sort of a "ink drop" except I get to pick my own color!

Right now just my KWZI group buy order - 2 bottles. IG Turquoise & Azure of Sky.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting bottles of De Atramentis Apple Blossom and (as a back up bottle) Red Roses; I'm also getting Diamine Tyrian Purple. Plus I'm getting a bunch of inks samples, including some of the Diamine Anniversary inks and a couple of the De Atramentis Document inks that I haven't had a chance to try, and several other browns and reds; and Pelikan Violet because it was on sale at the Goulets yesterday Forget what all I got this time around....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

FPN Van Gogh Starry Night Blue - a birthday gift to myself!

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

A case of JFK, though it has been backordered for a bit and I'm beginning to lose hope...

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be camping up in the woods in VT a lot this summer so I grabbed bottles of Noodler's Black and 54th Mass. They're going in Platinum Preppies (not sure if I'll eyedropper them or not as I am not sure if it's worth the hassle). Figured it'll work with damp, dew, sudden showers, etc. and both inks work just fine on Field Notes paper, which is great for sticking in my pocket and walking in the woods.

Edited by AlejoPlay

I haven't bought any inks since October (six months!) so today I went a little bananas. To wit, a metric butt ton of Diamine ink! My current order is as follows: Meadow, Apple Glory, Soft Mint, Steel Blue, Sherwood Green, Deep Dark Orange, Peach Haze, Wild Strawberry, Red Dragon, Majestic Purple, Majestic Blue, Midnight, Sargasso Sea, Bilberry, and Macassar. Whew!

I also participated in that last 1670 J. Herbin Massdrop so eventually I will get a bottle of Stormy Grey and 2 of the new Bleu Ocean. I'm pretty excited!

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

I just placed an order with Fountain Pen Hospital in New York City. I was ordering a Parker Sonnet Flighter, so I thought I might as well get some ink while I'm at it. I purchased the Manhattan Blue a renaming, I understand of one of the old Art Brown Exclusives. So I also ordered a bottle of each of the other FPH exclusives and the rest of the new Sailor inks that I don't have.

Can one ever have too much ink?

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I ordered bottles of two of my favorite inks, Sailor Ultramarine (glad I got one before they all disappeared), and Waterman Mysterious Blue. I also got some samples, including Toucan Gold and Orange Indien, which I'm excited to try.

My pens: Penny the Penmanship, Dot the Metropolitan, Pallas the Parallel, Neoma the High Ace Neo, Petra the Petit1, Calliope the Kakuno (Also, a Sheaffer No-Nonsense)

My bottles of ink: Sailor Epinard & Ultramarine; Mysterious Blue (Wishlist: Oku Yama)

In the last week I've come across many different inks I'd like to try, and narrowed it down to a handful that are on their way to me:

Organics Studio Manganate V

J. Herbin Lie De The

J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir

Sailor Jentle Miruai

Sailor Jentle Oku-yama

Diamine Oxblood

And some paper.

I'm going to need to get some pens ready to be inked!

I've had difficulty sourcing Pelikan 4001 blue/black ink in Canada or the United States.

Off to the UK, where Cult Pens will ship this elusive Pelikan ink.

I wonder what's in this ink that has limited its distribution in North America. :unsure:

Anyway,... another addition to my mostly blue/blacks.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

I should add that shopping @ Cult Pens is a real pleasure

Their staff patiently & courteously guided me through the steps of purchasing on line. I generally do not shop directly on line or use Paypal.

Cult's prices were expressed with VAT added & for us in Canada,...without.

By this morning, Cult Pens had already confirmed my shipment of this "rare" ( in North America), Pelikan b/b ink.

No affiliation, just appreciation.

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)