What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Lamy Orange Copper cartridges. I hope this ink is nice and not too pale. And of course I have ordered the matching Al Star pen. I expect it to arrive tomorrow.

It has still not arrived. The status is Transporting :(

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

• Private Reserve - Shell Pink
  • Diamine - Hope Pink
  • Iroshizuku - Kosumosu
  • Sailor Jentle - Peche
  • Noodler's - Blue Ghost

You may see a theme emerging, and one stray outlier.

My bottle of Kosumosu finally came. I can't wait to play with it. And goodness, the bottle is so darn pretty, I can't help but stare at it!

I think the only thing I'm waiting for now is my bottle of Shin-kai.

Edited by HollyGolightly

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Lamy copper-orange carts and MB Pink Ink.

You & me both sister! AND both of them coming from the UK. Thank heavens they are traveling in separate packages.......sorta like the President & the VP NEVER sharing the same aircraft!

I am waiting on two boxes from the UK. One should have a bottle of ESSRI in it. The other should have the Diamine Deep Darks, and refills on Flower/Music, and a couple others from the main line. I am most excited to try Tyrian Purple.

I'm so freakin' excited!!! :D

The only Sailor shop ink I have two bottles of. Have fun with it!

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Well, not sure of the ETA of the KWZI inks that I am getting through my pen club group buy. And I'm missing the next meeting unless choir gets cancelled tomorrow night. :(

OTOH, I went out antiquing on Wednesday and ended up with several bottles of vintage Quink: a 4 oz. bottle (apparently unopened) of Microfilm Black, plus 2 oz bottles of Permanent Brown and (Permanent?) Royal Blue. Plus the woman in the shop threw in a partially filled bottle of Blue Black for free because she wouldn't be able to sell it. Sadly, she had acquired an entire case of NOS Blue-Black only to discover that the contents of *all* the bottles had evaporated. :crybaby:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Lamy Orange Copper cartridges. I hope this ink is nice and not too pale. And of course I have ordered the matching Al Star pen. I expect it to arrive tomorrow.

These have finally arrived. The ink seems a bit pale. But there might still be water in the feed from flushing the blue ink out. Lamy pens come with dried blue ink in them :( At least this time I remembered to flush it. I usually do not, which results in disgusting ink colours coming out from the nibs.

Sadly, she had acquired an entire case of NOS Blue-Black only to discover that the contents of *all* the bottles had evaporated. :crybaby:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Only the water evaporates.. the dyes will remain behind, she can easily reconstitute the ink by adding water.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• 2 weeks later...

Three bottle from Sailor's best:

Epinard

Shigure

Oku-Yama

We have similar tastes! What other inks do you like praytell?

I'm posting in this thread for the first time because this is the first bottle of ink I'm buying! I'm now waiting for a bottle of Epinard as well. I'm getting mine from the classified section here from the most wonderful person. I hesitate to say more because I would feel bad if other people expected and didn't recieve the same treatment, but suffice it to say, I won't soon forget his generosity.

My pens: Penny the Penmanship, Dot the Metropolitan, Pallas the Parallel, Neoma the High Ace Neo, Petra the Petit1, Calliope the Kakuno (Also, a Sheaffer No-Nonsense)

My bottles of ink: Sailor Epinard & Ultramarine; Mysterious Blue (Wishlist: Oku Yama)

After not buying anything pen related in 2014 — mandated by my personal financial condition — I have Super5 Atlantic and De Atramentis Dokument Red on the way. This is also a foray into new inks after settling on three reliable standards over the past few years: Platinum Pigment Blue, Sailor Kiwa Guro black, and Platinum Pigment Brun Sepia.

Crossing fingers but also remembering the heartbreak of inky disappointment.

Doug