What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

I have some samples coming in the mail.

• Sheaffer Black
  • Diamine Jet Black
  • Diamine Monaco Red
  • Diamine Burnt Sienna
  • Diamine Saddle Brown
  • Diamine Damson

As you can see, I am a very colorful person. ;)

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Waiting for over 2dcl of ink! Lots of fun colors!

• J. Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey
  • J. Herbin Larme de Cassis (I grabbed the 4 for the price of 3 deal at La Couronne du Comte)
  • J. Herbin Cacao du Brésil
  • J. Herbin Violette Pensée
  • J. Herbin Lie de Thé
  • Diamine 150 Years Limited Edition Safari!
  • Montegrappa Bordeaux - that bottle!

I have a bottle of Pelikan 4001 Blue Black on its way. Yes I know I ordered some inks just a couple of days ago but I just had to order this one as it is not easy to come by here :)

Edited by Tanzanite

I went a little mad and ordered a load of diamine

Majestic blue

Majestic purple

Imperial purple

Violet

Grape

Marine

Sherwood green

Ancient copper

Oxblood

Jet black

Anyone have a favourite amongst those

I just signed up for the Goulet Pen's ink drop if anyone has experience with that. Seems like a pretty sweet deal to explore new inks.

Since I'm still pretty much in the introductory phase of fountain pen using / collecting the only inks I have are Noodler's Black & Bad Belted Kingfisher.

From what I read and see online of the color Iroshizuku's Kon Peki seems friggin amazing and I definitely want to get that next.

Edited by jester1374

I went a little mad and ordered a load of diamine

Majestic blue

Majestic purple

Imperial purple

Violet

Grape

Marine

Sherwood green

Ancient copper

Oxblood

Jet black

Anyone have a favourite amongst those

Imperial Purple, Majestic Blue, and Sherwood Green are all very nice colours I've tried from that list.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

• Private Reserve - Shell Pink
  • Diamine - Hope Pink
  • Iroshizuku - Kosumosu
  • Sailor Jentle - Peche
  • Noodler's - Blue Ghost

You may see a theme emerging, and one stray outlier.

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

I just signed up for the Goulet Pen's ink drop if anyone has experience with that. Seems like a pretty sweet deal to explore new inks.

Since I'm still pretty much in the introductory phase of fountain pen using / collecting the only inks I have are Noodler's Black & Bad Belted Kingfisher.

From what I read and see online of the color Iroshizuku's Kon Peki seems friggin amazing and I definitely want to get that next.

I participate in the ink drop! Or at least, I have paid for 3 months. We'll see how that goes. Did you get yours in the mail yet?

My bottles of Sailor Oku-yama and Pilot Blue-Black are yet to arrive. Six Toucan inks should be arriving tomorrow.

And I just bought two more bottles of Iroshizuku :blush:

• Private Reserve - Shell Pink
  • Diamine - Hope Pink
  • Iroshizuku - Kosumosu
  • Sailor Jentle - Peche
  • Noodler's - Blue Ghost

You may see a theme emerging, and one stray outlier.

Four bottles of pink?! Is this for journalling or what?

Four bottles of pink?! Is this for journalling or what?

It's my favorite color! I simply would not be me if I didn't have a myriad of pink inks at my disposal. And I'm sure all that pink will be mostly used for journaling. And letter writing during incowrimo.

Though to be fair I still need to find my ideal blue-black and black inks for more practical things such as signing checks and ...whatever other boring things that would get me strange looks if I used pink. :lol:

Edited to ask: Which Iroshizuku inks do you own? I have a feeling I'm going to become enamoured and want more of their lovely colors.

Edited by HollyGolightly

Iroshizuku shin kai and yama budo

Been waiting almost 3 weeks

CHECK OUT MA BLOG! www.inkredibleblog.wordpress.com

It's my favorite color! I simply would not be me if I didn't have a myriad of pink inks at my disposal. And I'm sure all that pink will be mostly used for journaling. And letter writing during incowrimo.

Though to be fair I still need to find my ideal blue-black and black inks for more practical things such as signing checks and ...whatever other boring things that would get me strange looks if I used pink. :lol:

Edited to ask: Which Iroshizuku inks do you own? I have a feeling I'm going to become enamoured and want more of their lovely colors.

Looks like we both have impractical favourite colours... mine's yellow-green. And I assume the Blue Ghost is to be used for mixing slightly lighter shades of pink? ;)

They do look like lovely inks.

I only have three Iro inks, two of which are in the mail... both of their greys and Chiku-rin. (My ink palette in other brands is broader, I swear!) Kiri-same's not the most conventional of inks, being grey, but it's fantastic when I'm feeling introspective. It's the grey of a deep fog, with brown/purple undertones like the silt in falling rain.

I finally broke down and ordered a bottle of MB Defoe Palm Green. I can't resist a nice yellow-green, especially a limited one. (Yes, I am constantly suckered by limited edition inks. I am the reason those evil marketeers pull that particular stunt...) :blush:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Looks like we both have impractical favourite colours... mine's yellow-green. And I assume the Blue Ghost is to be used for mixing slightly lighter shades of pink? ;)

They do look like lovely inks.

I only have three Iro inks, two of which are in the mail... both of their greys and Chiku-rin. (My ink palette in other brands is broader, I swear!) Kiri-same's not the most conventional of inks, being grey, but it's fantastic when I'm feeling introspective. It's the grey of a deep fog, with brown/purple undertones like the silt in falling rain.

Ha! Honestly I wanted to tinker around with writing in "invisible" ink (also to use it to highlight in my books without leaving visible marks), but hmmm you have a point! I should try that! ;)

Ah, that is such a lovely description of that grey color. It sounds beautiful. I love when you can really see the other tones that compose a color, much like you described.

Ha! Honestly I wanted to tinker around with writing in "invisible" ink (also to use it to highlight in my books without leaving visible marks), but hmmm you have a point! I should try that! ;)

Ah, that is such a lovely description of that grey color. It sounds beautiful. I love when you can really see the other tones that compose a color, much like you described.

The more uses the better, I say. And now you've got me wondering if I should mess around with a bottle of my own...

It so is! And I agree completely. I always find myself gravitating to unusual inks, ones you couldn't easily mix yourself. What got you into the fountain pen hobby?