What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Woo hoo! Not 'waiting' - my order from Goulet arrived today. As I was just starting with fountain pens, my last order was just a small set of ink samples. This time, I picked up a few bottles of my favorites, plus some samples to find others I think I might like.

bottles:

Noodler's Liberty Elysium, Diamine Ancient Copper, Diamine Red Dragon, R&K Scabiosa

(Yea! - I finally have something to offer in the Sample Exchange.)

samples:

Aurora Black

Diamine Sherwood Green, Noodler's Green Marine,

Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses (to try the new version)

Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses,

R&K Salix, Diamine Denim

Pilot Iroshizuku Aso-Gao

(Now I just wish I had more pens. It's going to take forever to get to try all these unless I start de-inking them instead of using up what I load.)

Hi dbarron, I've been using one of my c/c pens as a dip pen for ink testing. Just remove the converter before you start your testing session and flush in between inks with a bulb syringe like the one from the Goulets. I tested 21 samples at 10pm on Sunday night and cleaning was very fast!

Diamine Red Dragon

Diamine Sargasso Sea

Diamine Midnight

Sheaffer Skrip Red

Wishing I had added BSB to the order as well, but that will have to wait until next time. I'm nearly at empty on my sample, but not yet. I've dedicated a blue Lamy Safari to it.

Hoping for delivery tomorrow or Saturday.

Matt

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Diamine Red Dragon

Diamine Sargasso Sea

Diamine Midnight

Sheaffer Skrip Red

Wishing I had added BSB to the order as well, but that will have to wait until next time. I'm nearly at empty on my sample, but not yet. I've dedicated a blue Lamy Safari to it.

Hoping for delivery tomorrow or Saturday.

Matt

Own three of these inks... LOVE Sargasso sea as a big bold blue on the page. Sheaffer Skrip is perfect as a signalling/marking bright red ink. Red Dragon is interesting depending on the paper you're using... veers from deep red to almost a dark brown... Anyway, hope you enjoy :)

Favourite Owned Pen - Lamy Studio, Brushed Steel with either a 1.1mm italic or Black F nib

Favourite Inks - Diamine Imperial Purple, Diamine Sargasso Sea, Noodlers Bad Blue Heron, Sheaffer Skrip Red

"Planned" (!) Purchases - TWSBI Diamond 580 AL, Waterman Expert Deluxe Blue, Esterbrook J, Sheaffer Prelude, Pilot Capless / Vanishing Point, Pilot Falcon

Got all these through the post today after having a bit of a late night goulet / ebay splurge last week (quick delivery to the UK from Goulet pens btw).

Happy boy!!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Sean_Sankey/image2_zps6f8ea8c4.jpeg

Few writing samples all written with a (dipped) Pilot Metropolitan Medium nib.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Sean_Sankey/image_zps2c79c297.jpeg

Love the guys at Goulet Pen company and thanks for Scotland Stationery Shop too.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Favourite Owned Pen - Lamy Studio, Brushed Steel with either a 1.1mm italic or Black F nib

Favourite Inks - Diamine Imperial Purple, Diamine Sargasso Sea, Noodlers Bad Blue Heron, Sheaffer Skrip Red

"Planned" (!) Purchases - TWSBI Diamond 580 AL, Waterman Expert Deluxe Blue, Esterbrook J, Sheaffer Prelude, Pilot Capless / Vanishing Point, Pilot Falcon

Love those smileys. I think it was Cyber6 who introduced them to me.

(Apologies if not - I'm old now and forget things)

Where'd you find them and how do you use them here?

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/bliss-smiley.gif?1292867557

I went to the laundramat and since the PO is next door in the same building I checked my mail and the bottle of Yama-guri I expected tomorrow was there. Across the country in 2 days ain't bad. That's Goulet style service!

This is my first full bottle of Iroshizuku and I'm thinkin' it won't be the last.

(Thanks for the loan of the great smiley, Tas!)

Edited by Brian K

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

Welp, put in a rather large order today. Diamine Amber, Amaranth, Aqua, Quartz, Eclipse, Grey, Coral, Autumn Oak, Tyrian Purple, and Organic Studio Gregor Mendel. Whew... I think I might not be buying anything fp related for the rest of the year after today.

I got the bottle of Diamine Bilberry today - it was not supposed to be here until Monday. Second time I received ink early this week! :bunny01:

My husband had a 2 day business trip in Japan last week. He didn't have time to shop. He mentioned to an executive in the company he was visiting that his wife was interested in this ink, and that he couldn't find it:

post-114210-0-26938600-1410067619.jpg

The fellow got on the phone, called a couple of places and poof! Tanna Japonensis is on its way!

Not only am I going to love it, but it will remind me of this man's kindness and generosity every time I use it.

My husband had a 2 day business trip in Japan last week. He didn't have time to shop. He mentioned to an executive in the company he was visiting that his wife was interested in this ink, and that he couldn't find it:

attachicon.gifTanna-Japonensis.jpg

The fellow got on the phone, called a couple of places and poof! Tanna Japonensis is on its way!

Not only am I going to love it, but it will remind me of this man's kindness and generosity every time I use it.

Smart guy and smart husband.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Love those smileys. I think it was Cyber6 who introduced them to me.

(Apologies if not - I'm old now and forget things)

Yep... was me.... http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/hi-there-smiley.gif

You are not old Tas... you are just "vintage"... ;)

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

A bottle of Organics Studio Cobalt Blue, thanks to Todd's blowout sale.

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

• 4 months later...

I have ordered some inks that I have never tried before. I have high hopes for these.

Bottles:

Aurora Blue

Aurora Black

Montblanc Blue Black

Cartridges:

Caran d'Ache Blue

Montblanc Blue

Just ordered 6 bottles from Vanness. Iro: Tsuki-yo, Ina-ho, Syo-ro and Diamine: Damson, Evergreen, Graphite. And I swear by all the deities on Mt. Olympus that those are the last bottles for at least a year.

I'm loathe to buy inks in winter, for fear of freezing and bottle breakage. Otherwise a whole slew of DeAtramentis inks would have been on my way. ;)

A few samples:

Diamine Meadow

Diamine Sherwood Green

J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir

Noodler's Navy

J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen

Noodler's Red-Black

Noodler's V-Mail Midway Blue

Rohrer and Klingner Violet

Rohrer and Klingner Magenta

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v