What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Visconti Blue (2 bottles)

Pelikan Edelstein Topaz

Rohrer & Klingner Salix

From The Writing Desk in the U.K.

I'm in Canada and saved $30 ordering from TWD. Great web shop. (If I didn't live 3 hours from civilization I'd shop at a B&M)

Keep your nose clean and your nib wet.

-Mullen88

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Well, I *Was* waiting for the Berning Red. Turns out they're sold out at Pen Boutique after all. I may have found another source, but I want confirmation they have it in stock before I attempt to buy again. Having up to $30 in c/c authorizations with nothing to show for it isn't fun.

Yay! iPenstore had a confirmed bottle in stock, and it's now shipped.

Sailor Jentle Rikyu-cha.

Really loving the two Sailors I have?

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man." -- Faroe Islands proverb

Just like BradGad, I am waiting on Sailor Rikyu-Cha, but I also added Chu-Shu to the basket, so now two Sailors on the way.

My Sailor Jentle Oku-yama and Yama-dori has not yet arrived, but just ordered 30ml bottle of Diamine Ancient Copper and Turquoise. Now for the impatient wait!

Edited by Miaxina

A goulet sample set with noodlers fox and Iroshizuku momiji! Any other good red suggestions?

Edited by ThrawnsPen

"And this is He whom I call the Child of the Good, whom the Good begat in His own likeness, to be in the visible world, in relation to sight and the things of sight, what the Good is in the intellectual world in relation to mind and the things of mind."
Plato, The Republic, Book Six

Just got two orders in the mail today! One was from Anderson Pens with a bunch of samples:

Akkerman #11 Treves-Turquoise

Blackstone Barrister Blue

Edelstein Smoky Quartz

R&K Sepia

several Robert Oster samples -- Blue Night, Caffe Cream, Gold Antiqua, Purple Soul, and Midnight Sapphire

and several samples of Diamine Shimmer inks -- Blue Flame, Blue Lightning, Enchanted Ocean, and Lilac Satin.

The other, which was mostly samples, was from Vanness -- mostly things that I can easily only get from them here in the US:

KWZI Maroon #2, Honey, Grey Lux, IG Gummiberry, and IG Light Aztec Gold

Akkerman Dutch Masters Hals Oud Bruin, Ceruleum blauw van Vermeer, and Ruisdael's stormachtig blauw

Kyoto TAG Kyo-iro Ohara's Morning Snow.

*Plus* I got a full bottle of Robert Oster Purple Rock.

I do have another (second) order into Vanness -- one of the inks I wanted to order came back in stock right after the other one shipped. :wallbash: That order has a bottle of Diamine Shimmertastic Purple Pazzazz, along with a sample of Bungu Box 4B and several Califolio samples -- Andropinole, Baikal, Bourgogne, Cassis, and Gris de Payne.

I may need to get another sample vial tray soon.... :blush:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I think you will enjoy your new stash.

However, looking through the inks you have, I am struck that inks are no longer called Blue, Blue-Black, Black, Green, Red, etc.

You have, amongst others, Ohara's Morning Snow, Purple Rock, Shimmertastic Purple Pazzazz, Ceruleum blauw van Vermeer and Ruisdael's stormachtig blauw (this last seems to involve abdominal pain).

PS, the wetness of the pen will govern what the Blackstone Barrister Blue (which is a grouse ink, BTW) will look like. A dryish pen will give you a nice dark blue. A wettish pen will give you a deep black.

Edited by dcwaites

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

post-135625-0-03421000-1492671071.jpg

I am waiting for a bottle of Noodler's Nikita. I have much editing to do. I need a wee bit of ink inspiration to get through it.

Just put in an order of samples to Vanness. I've had my amber Pilot Custom 823 for nearly a year and have not been able to find the exact right ink for it (it's not picky for performance, but I haven't found the right look). I'm now waiting for Sailor Shigure, Oku Yama, Tokwa Matsu, and Doyou; Robert Oster Berry D'Arche, Charcoal, Dark Chocolate, Melon Tea, Purple Soul, and Purple Rock; and KWZ Green Gold. This is my first time to try either Robert Oster or KWZ since I've been on the ink wagon for a while trying to, you know, use the twenty some-odd bottles and 40-50 samples I already have. BUT I neeeeeeeeeed the perfect murky green, reddish and or dusty purple, and brown, none of which I have.

Edited by displacermoose

Yet another Sarah.

I am waiting for a few things. Caran d'Ache Cosmic Black and Noodler's Liberty's Elysium and a few sampler packs: J. Herbin 1670 (full line) and a sampler of Goulets best sellers. I am actually pretty exited about the Elysium, it looks right up my alley.

MB Unicef Blue.

So, let us know what you think of that when it comes in.

I'm of two minds -- part of me likes the idea of supporting a worthy charity like UNICEF; but the cynical part of me is going "Yeah, I'd be happier if MB just donated the money (which they will likely write off as a charitable donation, when it's *really* just paying for the rights to use the name and should get listed as being part of their marketing budget) and sold the ink for their regular price, and I can then decide if I've got the spare change to make a donation on my own...."

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

So, let us know what you think of that when it comes in.

I'm of two minds -- part of me likes the idea of supporting a worthy charity like UNICEF; but the cynical part of me is going "Yeah, I'd be happier if MB just donated the money (which they will likely write off as a charitable donation, when it's *really* just paying for the rights to use the name and should get listed as being part of their marketing budget) and sold the ink for their regular price, and I can then decide if I've got the spare change to make a donation on my own...."

50 ml square MB bottle.