What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Are these something new? Anyone have them for sale in the States? Or are they only available directly from Akkerman? I'm trying to imagine the colors just from the names (even though I don't speak or read Dutch, I'm guessing that "Karmozjin" might be a carmine red, for instance) and they sound yummy....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

If you go to the Akkerman site you can see the inks & a pretty nice sample of their colors; fortunately I emptied my cart last nite after viewing, moments before I hit "finalise order." Have a little test of your apres Holiday willpower!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Suppose to be delivered today: MB Shakespeare Velvet Red, MB JFK, Akkerman #22. Ordered yesterday: Akkerman Dutch Masters Series. Also coming today, 2 Akkerman nib wipers, 1 for me & 1 for a friend.

Herbin Caroube de Chypre. On its way from Germany.

I may grab a bottle of Akkerman just to see what the bottle itself is like. Other than that... looking for another bottle of Chushu and perhaps Doyou in 2017.

One thing to know about the new Akkerman Dutch Masters inks: they come in the large 120 ml bottles, not the smaller 60 ml regular series ones.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

One thing to know about the new Akkerman Dutch Masters inks: they come in the large 120 ml bottles, not the smaller 60 ml regular series ones.

The large bottles were 150ml. Are these new bottles?

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Back off the wagon again. Waiting for three new Akkerman inks from the Dutch Masters series: Rembrandt's Karmozijn, Ruisdael's Stormachtig Blauw, and Vermeer's Kobaltblauw. Several of the others in the series look promising as well.

Found them...

http://www.vulpennen.nl/en/akkerman/p-1a/AKKDM01.html

BTW... the bottle doesn't look the same to me. The older 150ml bottle was faceted... (just going by memory)..this one doesn't look like is faceted.

C.

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Wow. Some nice colors there. And for the amount you're getting not a horrible price (although I'm feeling a bit impecunious at the moment... :() -- I just checked and currently the exchange rate between US dollars and Euros is relatively close.... But I'm still hoping that Vanness or Anderson Pens can get these in at some point...., just for the convenience factor.

Are these going to be a new regular line, or are these LE inks. It wasn't clear from the website link.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Having decided not to buy Raduga, I am waiting mostly on a bunch of inks from J Herbin in well-known colours - Éclat de Sapphir, Lie de Thé, Violette Pensée, Poussiere de Lune. The Poussiere de Lune was first option to make up the numbers at LCdC on their 4:3 offer.

More odd is that I have bought, for the first time in decades, a bottle of black ink. In my early posts on FPN I was clear that I had no interest in black. Now it is just a colour to have available. It is Aurora Black, bought along with Aurora Blue.

X

The large bottles were 150ml. Are these new bottles?

Yes, they are completely new bottles. There is no indication that these are going to be limited edition inks, but, as with the other series, the large bottles might be limited. The price for the larger bottles does seem to be fair, and the colors look marvelous. I look forward to some reviews by our experts.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Due to the 15% off everything sale at Pen Chalet and my constitutional inability to not spend enough to qualify for free shipping:

Diamine Ancient Copper

Diamine Sherwood Green

Diamine Sparkling Shadows

Sailor Kin-Mokusei

Sailor Rikyu-Cha

Last night I ordered:

Seitz-Kreuznach Tundra Green (seems to be new),

Seitz-Kreuznach Plum Blue (seems to be new),

Seitz-Kreuznach Pacific Blue (not new) and

Diamine Misty Blue (my wallet thanks you Visvamitra for enabling...).

I have Tundra Green - it's really not very good at all & nothing like you expect. Extremely watery - at least my bottle is like that. It's a grey-green.

I like Plum Blue - not overly saturated either, but an interesting, quite unusual shade of ink.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I have Tundra Green - it's really not very good at all & nothing like you expect. Extremely watery - at least my bottle is like that. It's a grey-green.

I like Plum Blue - not overly saturated either, but an interesting, quite unusual shade of ink.

Given they are SK inks, I figured as much. They are all quite watery inks, except Slate Grey, which is so rich and smooth an ink, sadly the colour doesn't do anything for me.

Went ahead an ordered a bottle of Inspired Blue because it was love at first site and I only have 4 cartridges left.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Waiting for a couple of boxes of Pelikan 4001 TP/5 Long cartridges in Royal Blue. I have one fine-nibbed pen I need to use on execrable paper at work, and it's converter doesn't work. As well, it's ink nipple doesn't take a normal Chinese converter, but it does take the more flexible long cartridges.

The fine nib along with the dry ink, that doesn't look at all bad on paper, is necessary for the paper I have to write on.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Diamine Salamander and Graphite - running low on two of my favourite inks

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i