What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Yesterday I ordered (by telephone) from MB's flagship store in Toronto & today on our the coldest morning we've had this year, UPS shipped my inks safe, warm & sound. :)

My wife really likes MBRB & goes through it at a pretty fair clip. I am curious about the colour & performance of MB's Permanent Blue, but only in carts for now.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Sailor Chu-shu

Kyo-no-oto "Kokeiro"

(kicking myself for not getting BOTH the Nuraiba-iro & Aonibi)

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill

I'm awaiting 30 bottles of Pilot Iroshizuku inks, sent from a supplier in Japan at a decent discount.

Specifically 6 each of the following 5:

· Ku-jaku Peacock (Deep Turquoise Blue)

· Chiku-rin Bamboo Forest (Yellow Green)

· Ama-iro Sky Color (Sky Blue)

· Murasaki-shikibu (Purple)

· Yama-budo Wild Grapes (Bordeaux)

And 11 bottles (8 fountain pen & 3 dip pen) of:

· Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrün (Golden Green)

I won't be running out any time soon.

S

Edited by Scriptorius

I just received Noodler's Apache Sunset, still waiting for the Cactus Fruit Eel.

I also just got Fuku-Gaki (Winter Persimmon), Pilot Iroshizuku, from Amazon. That arrived partly frozen, but I can see from reading past threads that this is probably OK.

When the Fuku-Gaki thaws, I plan to make some comparisons with the Apache Sunset. Or just play around.

Whoa frozen ink, perhaps mine freezes as well but by the time it reaches my door in Hawaii it thaws out.

Waiting for:

De Atramentis Great Composers Ink Bottle - Puccini - Aubergine

R & K - Cassia, Solferino, Alt Bordeaux, Magenta, Konigsblau, Smaragdgrun, Fernambuk

Diamine - Tyrian Purple, Merlot, Hope Pink, Claret (accidentally bought another one lol)

KWZ Monarch

Kingdom Note, Pink and Blue (not sure what the actual names are lol the Jelly Fish bottle ones)

And 3 unicorns :wub:

To accompany a Pilot Metropolitan I'm giving a 12-year-old girl for Christmas I'm awaiting 6 boxes of Pilot cartridges (2 blue, 2 blue-black, 2 purple) and 2 converters, which I ordered from Jet Pens last Tuesday, which Jet Pens mailed on Wednesday, and which USPS tracking says were delivered last Friday. They weren't. Or rather I'm sure they were delivered to someone last Friday. Somebody else. Time for a Festivus miracle.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

One of my good work colleagues back home in Japan for Christmas. I coordinated with her to have 3 bottles of Sailor Jentle ink delivered to her apartment in Tokyo (2 Rikyu-cha and 1 Shigure) for just slightly more than 1 bottle typically costs here in the States.

Back off the wagon again. Waiting for three new Akkerman inks from the Dutch Masters series: Rembrandt's Karmozijn, Ruisdael's Stormachtig Blauw, and Vermeer's Kobaltblauw. Several of the others in the series look promising as well.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Back off the wagon again. Waiting for three new Akkerman inks from the Dutch Masters series: Rembrandt's Karmozijn, Ruisdael's Stormachtig Blauw, and Vermeer's Kobaltblauw. Several of the others in the series look promising as well.

Are these something new? Anyone have them for sale in the States? Or are they only available directly from Akkerman? I'm trying to imagine the colors just from the names (even though I don't speak or read Dutch, I'm guessing that "Karmozjin" might be a carmine red, for instance) and they sound yummy....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."