What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Diamine Syrah

A great shade of claret. It's too bad that this colour is not available in cartridges.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

I just HAD to stay up late and then I just HAD to find some Billy Shakespeare RV (good news, $16.90 a btl)

2x Montblanc Shakespeare Red Velvet

Mystery Black

Irish Green Ok, ok, stop with the brow-beating...yet ANOTHER one. I like the color, so shoot me! :lticaptd:

Do you like the MB Shakespeare that much? I am hesitant towards getting a bottle but don't want to miss out either if it's good.

A great shade of claret. It's too bad that this colour is not available in cartridges.

I take an empty cartridge and slowly fill it with a syringe. My Kaweco Skyline Sport & Parker Vector require a cartridge, and filling it with the syringe allows me to use Diamine Syrah in these pens. Syrah looks richly beautiful when writing with 1.1 & 1.5 stubs, and is one of my favorite top 10 colors.

I take an empty cartridge and slowly fill it with a syringe. My Kaweco Skyline Sport & Parker Vector require a cartridge, and filling it with the syringe allows me to use Diamine Syrah in these pens. Syrah looks richly beautiful when writing with 1.1 & 1.5 stubs, and is one of my favorite top 10 colors.

I'd do like you with an empty cart,... but I have passed on my almost full bottle of Diamine Syrah to a good friend.

For my two cart dedicated Kaweco Dia2 pens, I want to use factory sealed international short carts (the Dia takes two, back to back). At home I can easily fill an empty cart for immediate use, but on the road, "sealed" commercial carts are more convenient.

I will test a Diamine Claret cartridge for its flow & attractiveness of colour.

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

Have you ever bought ink at a Pen Show? If so, was it more expensive than "mail order" considering postage, or less expensive? C. S.

Have you ever bought ink at a Pen Show? If so, was it more expensive than "mail order" considering postage, or less expensive? C. S.

Much less expensive, because of not having to pay postage costs.

I'd do like you,... but I have passed on my almost full bottle of Diamine Syrah to a good friend.

For my two cart dedicated Kaweco Dia2 pens, I want to use factory sealed international short carts (the Dia takes two, back to back). At home I can easily fill an empty cart for immediate use, but on the road, sealed commercial carts are more convenient.

I will test a Diamine Claret cartridge for flow & attractiveness of colour.

Yep, you're right--not good for on the road travel. If you ever find yourself with an extra bottle of Syrah that you are not using, would love to take it off your hands (LOL)! I spoke with a friend in NY today, following a letter I mailed written with Diamine Syrah and a 1.5 stub nib. He loved it! Now he is ordering a bottle from Amazon. The color does make a bolder statement with a broader nib. Have not tried Diamine Claret. From the pictures it looks a bit more pinkish--maybe purple/pink?

Well, technically I'm not waiting for it any more, but Dr. Ph. Martin's Ocean Edge Blue. Now, if I can just find my blankety-blank needle-nose pliers, I can pop the feed out of my Pilot Varsity and fill it with Edge Blue. (I'm opting to be cautious with my new acquisition, as pigment inks are new to me -- if I end up with a gunked feed, better it be in my inexpensive and easy-to-clean Varsity than in one of my NOS Sheaffers.)

Yep, you're right--not good for on the road travel. If you ever find yourself with an extra bottle of Syrah that you are not using, would love to take it off your hands (LOL)! I spoke with a friend in NY today, following a letter I mailed written with Diamine Syrah and a 1.5 stub nib. He loved it! Now he is ordering a bottle from Amazon. The color does make a bolder statement with a broader nib. Have not tried Diamine Claret. From the pictures it looks a bit more pinkish--maybe purple/pink?

Syrah shades very well indeed.

My edged nibs are of the stub or CI style, from about 0.6 to 1.1 mm.

From a wet 0.9 or 1.1 mm CI, Syrah really shines.

Enjoy :D

Ordered Pilot Tsuki-yo this evening, should be here Tuesday. Hoping it will be a suitable replacement for Diamine Twilight.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Well, technically I'm not waiting for it any more, but Dr. Ph. Martin's Ocean Edge Blue. Now, if I can just find my blankety-blank needle-nose pliers, I can pop the feed out of my Pilot Varsity and fill it with Edge Blue. (I'm opting to be cautious with my new acquisition, as pigment inks are new to me -- if I end up with a gunked feed, better it be in my inexpensive and easy-to-clean Varsity than in one of my NOS Sheaffers.)

BTW, you can fill a Varsity without popping the nib, if you set it nib up in hot water, and then once it is too hot to hold, set it nib down in the ink. The temperature difference creates a vacuum and sucks the ink into the pen. I did a video on it at one time.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Do you like the MB Shakespeare that much? I am hesitant towards getting a bottle but don't want to miss out either if it's good.

First off, sorry for the delay in responding!

I noticed it has been quite polarizing, to say the least. That said, I've looked at certain colors I love that have qualities I find highly desirable, and when looking at responses to reviews, they range from sublime and must have to.....not for me or boy that is "turrible!" ;)

Different strokes for different folks, right?

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill

A bottle of Sailor Sei-boku. I enjoy using Kiwa-Guro so much that I had to get some to try.

Current Daily Carry: Pilot Custom 743 with 14k Posting nib (Sailor Kiwa-Guro), Sailor 1911L Realo Champagne with 21k Extra Fine nib (Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu). Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne (Diamine Syrah), Nakaya Portable Writer Midori with 14k Extra Extra Fine nib (Lamy Peridot), Pilot Vanishing Point Stealth Black with Extra Fine nib unit (Pilot Blue Black), a dozen Nockco DotDash index cards of various sizes and a Traveler's Notebook.

A bottle of Sailor Sei-boku. I enjoy using Kiwa-Guro so much that I had to get some to try.

Sei-boku is great! It just takes some time to get used to the color.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

BTW, you can fill a Varsity without popping the nib, if you set it nib up in hot water, and then once it is too hot to hold, set it nib down in the ink. The temperature difference creates a vacuum and sucks the ink into the pen. I did a video on it at one time.

Ooh, interesting -- many thanks! That would have been rough in this instance, as I'd want to flush the black ink out before vacuuming the blue ink in, but I'm definitely keeping this in mind when it's time to refill the one I have loaded with Bilberry.