What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Well, hopefully. :)

But 3 bottles of dark lilac isn't something that I mind buying even if it's not a limited edition. I would have been angry had I already gone through the plan of ordering another 15. ;)

:P

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

I'm answering on behalf of a young friend of mine (well, the son of a young friend of mine, but they're both young) to whom I just mailed several containers of ink to accompany the Conklin Duragraph I bought for him last weekend at the SF Pen Show:

• Pilot Blue
  • Pilot Blue-Black
  • Waterman Purple
  • Noodler's Dragon Napalm
  • Monteverde Brown
  • One tin of J. Herbin Perle Noire cartridges

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

I went to the store on my way home from work last night (wetpaintart.com is their website). They carry fountain pens (I know I saw Lamy but there were others) and ink (Lamy, Noodlers, and J. Herbin).

I picked up J. Herbin Gris Nuage, Vert Pre, and Rouge Caroubier.

Tom

Waterman Ideal - blue ink; Esterbrook 2048 - brown ink; Waterman Carene - black ink

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu204/CrazyVacationer/Pens/collection_sm.jpg

Noodler's American Aristocracy

and to amortize the shipping costs I also ordered

J. Herbin Indien Orange

Noodler's American Aristocracy

and to amortize the shipping costs I also ordered

J. Herbin Indien Orange

Let us know which version of NAA you end up with! (And if you get the purple-y one and don't like it, think of me first.... ;)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yes I'll definitely have to put up a review. Though purple inks are usually to my liking, so we'll see. USPS tracking says I'll have it for filling a pen on Tuesday. Several possible pens are available. :)

Diamine Blue Velvet

Diamine Midnight

Diamine Blue-Black

Diamine Majestic Blue

And some Sailor samples...

The new toys have arrived... :)

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Misc/1426EAF5-E872-4F87-AA96-830A3786D1F4_zpsici55eul.jpg

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

The new toys have arrived... :)

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Misc/1426EAF5-E872-4F87-AA96-830A3786D1F4_zpsici55eul.jpg

Nice, would love to hear your impressions on the Blue Velvet and Midnight. Those two are on my list.

Order of Chesterfield Inks (seem to be rebadged Diamine) - ordered a few samples and bottles too.

R&K - Cassia, Magenta and one more (the purple / violet one) ... forget the name.

Planning to order some PR inks too.

I have a confession. This was my first time going through this thread, ever. :wallbash: :wallbash:

The good news is that I learned SO MUCH! I appreciate people sharing and communication about their purchases too. I learned about new vendors, inks, and that, in the end, I can start anytime I want. Oh, and I can STOP anytime I want too! :lticaptd:

Ah, for the record....

MB: Corn Poppy Red, Irish Green, and Toffy Brown
Noodler's: El Lawrence
Iroshizuku: Syo-ro

Oh, one final thing! :eureka:

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill

I just HAD to stay up late and then I just HAD to find some Billy Shakespeare RV (good news, $16.90 a btl)

2x Montblanc Shakespeare Red Velvet

Mystery Black

Irish Green Ok, ok, stop with the brow-beating...yet ANOTHER one. I like the color, so shoot me!
:lticaptd:

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill