Whats is the most expensive pen you own ?

goodguy

So start that one rather than dissing this one?

I'm interested in this thread as it was originally intended.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Well, that's alright, that's also possible.

Ouch! I've been chastised! http://bestsmileys.com/whipping/2.gif

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Snowcap

• Deirdre

• fuchsiaprincess

• voukephalas

The most expensive pen I own is a Delta special limited edition Peace fountain pen. Along the same l price point is my Visconti Divina Desert Springs.

Cheers,

Felix

Because my dear,

In a classless society money is the only distinctive exception, not beauty, aesthetics or knowledge. :unsure:

Dear Snowcap, you're probably right. But a classless society? Where? I wanna go there! ;)

The financial/monetary expense may be important because it (ideally) reflects what someone was willing to undertake (or forgo) to obtain an item.

Good point.

Money is the most important thing in the world. 99% of the people only think about 2 things. Money is one of them.

Ok, then I belong to the 1%. :)

Because materialistic people tend to gauge everything by cost (not worth)?

I would have though that 'which pen did you get the greatest deal on?' would have been a more interesting thread subject, as would 'which pens are you favourites regardless of cost?'

So, let's start a new tread! :D

Only the tame birds have a longing.

The wild ones fly.

- Elmer Diktonius, Finnish poet (translation by sarai)

My most valuable pen is ...

the Pelican that was given to me last year as a thankyou.

My most expensive pen is any pen that I give away to someone who doesnt appreciate the gift.

I have those same pens!

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

My most expensive pen is any pen that I give away to someone who doesn't appreciate the gift.

Good answer!

Mine is the Omas Gentleman Sailor in sterling. A gift from my dear hubby and come to think of it, the last FP gift! That was enough I guess! He also gave me a Namiki Falcon previously. I used the Omas to sign a few important docs and write him love notes! ;-) It's a very patriotic pen with a big ol American flag across it so it comes out on Independence Day. As massive and heavy as the pen is it is well balanced and the nib is a joy so I very much enjoy writing with it, but not for long periods. Has had one vacation to Italy though :-( due to crack in the plastic body at threads. What ink do I use in it? Why good ol American Blue of course!

Took me many edits to figure out how to post a pic, but I think I finally got it~

Omas Gentleman Sailor a.k.a. John Paul Jones

Edited by MicheleB

We can trust the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. - Immanual Kant

Used pen- late 40's Sheaffer Sentinel $10

New pen- 80's Sheaffer School NOS $4

I wouldn't trade or dispose of either pen.

My first Dani Trio and the most expensive pen in my collection....I need to stop buying pens for awhile to recover financially :crybaby:

Oh my - you have my dream pen!

My most expensive is my Danitio Kitamigawari... I think these retail north of $10k but I got lucky. It's still the most expensive pen I own (based on price paid) by at least 4x.

post-17253-1240736666_thumb.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

Pelikan M600 green striated ;-) At least in terms of FP. I've also got MB Boheme pen which my father got from one of his business partners from China. And gave it to my mother. And than she gave it to me :-D Still, if it wasn't free I'm quite certain I wouldn't buy a PEN. I'd rather choose FOUNTAIN PEN. Nakaya FP ;-)

Cheers,

Adam

About fifteen quid up until my first pen show a few weeks ago.

Then it jumped to about £70: a Worcester Regal with Oxonian modified nib. A bargain and one of my best pens.

And since then, it's jumped to the wholly wonderful Pelikan M1000 for £230.

And that is as far as it is going to go.

No, really.

No, really.

I heard myself saying that a year back.

Then came the VP for $80~ish.

And then the limited edition Sailor Sapporo for $130.

etc. :P

As for now, that Sailor Sapporo is my most expensive pen. No more spontaneous buys for a while. Instead I'm probably going to save up to something more unique and customizable (that recent Nakaya Aka-tamenuri thread made me drool).

Edison Pearl in black ebonite, $430. A reward to myself after some long, tough hours put in. Now the only problem is that I can't stop using it; it's made all my others pale in comparison as writers.

cfclark

email cfclarktn at gmail dot com Twitter cfclark Facebook PM me

51 Flighter Fetishist

No, really.

I heard myself saying that a year back.

Then came the VP for $80~ish.

And then the limited edition Sailor Sapporo for $130.

etc. :P

As for now, that Sailor Sapporo is my most expensive pen. No more spontaneous buys for a while. Instead I'm probably going to save up to something more unique and customizable (that recent Nakaya Aka-tamenuri thread made me drool).

I want some pitepalt!

Help? Why am I buying so many fountain pens?

a pilot knight I bought for $35

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

I think its my Red Loiminchay Opus----

That's an interesting pen -- how's it write?

Normally I don't care for Loiminchay, but that one's more appealing than most.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Hi,

I have several pens in the £250 - £300 bracket (a bit more now that CS have put their prices up again). I didn't pay full retail for any of them (but have a CS100 that I was given as a gift that somebody did pay full retail price for so guess that is actually my most expensive pen).

Andy

I think its my Red Loiminchay Opus----

That's an interesting pen -- how's it write?

Normally I don't care for Loiminchay, but that one's more appealing than most.

I've not had the nerve to ink it, but I did dip it and it wrote well--its laquered brass and quite heavy-the cap won't post and I think it would be a handful to try and use for long correspondance.

Secundum Artem