Whats is the most expensive pen you own ?

goodguy

My Namiki LE 2002 "Owl":

Australians will recognize it: Ninox scutulata, the Brown Hawk Owl, a close relative to the Barking Owl and Boobook.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Snowcap

• Deirdre

• fuchsiaprincess

• voukephalas

I though what is the most expensive pen you own ?

Is this actual price paid or msrp valve of pen? For the first it's a Cervantes for the second it's a Duofold Rockwell

K

Frits B' My Namiki LE 2002 "Owl":

Australians will recognize it: Ninox scutulata, the Brown Hawk Owl, a close relative to the Barking Owl and Boobook.

Beautiful pen Fritz! are the eyes of the owl iridescent? or is that appearance from the photo?

Would also enjoy seeing the 'other seasons'.. have never seen that pen before!

My Ralph Prather/Joel Hamilton DuoVac

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/glenn-sc/PratherParkerallopen.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/glenn-sc/PratherParkerOpen.jpg

I paid $600 for my Hemingway, but if I had to replace it, I'd have to pay maybe five times that, so I'd have to say the Hemingway.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

MB Ramses II.

Got this more than 10 years back for USD650.

Aurora - GVFC - Hero - Lamy - Montblanc - Montegrappa - Parker - Pelikan - Visconti - Waterman

I paid $600 for my Hemingway, but if I had to replace it, I'd have to pay maybe five times that, so I'd have to say the Hemingway.

The pen on which the design of the Hemingway is based - the MB 139.

Mark

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try" Mark Twain (American Humourist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)

A Burgundy Sheaffer Statesman. I gave $10 for it. :embarrassed_smile:

Paddler

Can a calculator understand a cash register?

Brand spanking new Sheaffer Legacy Heritage of Madison, IA manufacture.

But I have leaned my lesson and I am never going to do that again.

(The lesson is that everything past the nib is jewelry. I don't care for jewelry.)

YMMV

Waterman Red Ripple #7 with a red keyhole nib

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Most for a pen I use often:

Pelikan M910 Yellow Toledo.

Most for a pen I don't use much:

Turquoise Waterman Patrician set

http://www.gergyor.com/images/patrician_60pct.jpg

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Black / rhodium Pilot VP. A Christmas gift from my beautiful, thoughtful spouse. It's also the youngest pen I own, by about 30 years...

My JP Dupont Olympio XL.

post-29109-1239562549_thumb.jpg

The price for this one is that I am going to have to sign a marriage certificate with it in June. Beat that.

Help? Why am I buying so many fountain pens?

Pelikan Lighthouse of Alexandria

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2244/2502791585_9b73361239.jpg

The list price for this one was higher at the time, but I didn't pay as much for my Stipula Bernini:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3648/3418593678_dd93e1579f.jpg

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Most most expensive pen is my Nakaya, lincluding customs fees it came to $680 CAD.

However the pen that was the biggest challenge in trusting my ability to create abundance was the Mont Blanc Chopin I purchased in 2002.

At that time I was begining new ventures and had always been very careful with money and so the thought of spending nearly 200 pounds ( I was living in Scotland) on a pen back then was almost an impossible thought!

I looked at the pen time and time again, then my bank balance and then did something I had never done before and said to heck with it, I have the money I am going to get it! It was one of the most wonderous and yet nerve racking decsions I ever had made but I was so gald I did it as an acknowlegement to my hard work and determination to do what I wanted to do in this world, it really marked a turning point in my life and helped me go on to even more wonderful things...That pen will follow me to my grave!

Edited by ianmedium

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

I paid about $130 for my Decimo, which is the most expensive pen I've bought. I inherited an old Duofold, which is supposed to be between $400 and $500 restored, from what I can tell... I'm not really interested in the price, actually, as I'm never going to sell it - it belonged to my great-grandfather, and I could never part with it.