Rotring Pens - UPDATED

dDave

Howdy,

[Update - I found one more pen in the set in the back of my desk. It's a Rotring UF Art pen (sorry, no pic, but it looks the same as the rest). I'm keeping the price the same, so now it's 13 pens for $90. Also, I have been working on the balky B, and have gotten some water to pass through the nib, but it's still pretty darn clogged after a number of trips through the ultrasonic.]

Here is a bumper crop of rotring pens that I used in my prehistoric graphic design days, back before desk top publishing put them out to pasture.

There are six Art Pens with the following nibs: SF, F, M, B, B, BB. Yes, there are two B pens, because one clogged pretty badly back in the day. I've run it through the ultrasonic a couple times, but it's still plugged. You may be able to nurse it back to life with your superior pen-fu.

There are two bizarre rotrings that I bought in Japan that are a kind of a cross between a technical pen and a ball pen. These don't seem to be produced anymore.

There is also a set of four rapidographs: .25, .35, .5 and .7mm. Note that the nibs snap into the ink cartridges which then screw into the shaft. I don't have any cartridges, so that is why the pens are taken apart in the image.

I'm throwing in six converters (four of which seem to be unused), and a couple boxes of 20 year old cartridges for laughs.

All pen have been cleaned in the ultrasonic, water passes through the nibs (with the exception of the B mentioned above), all the needles in the technical pens shake freely, and the pens have normal signs of wear.

$90 for all 12 pens.

Best,

Dave

http://homepage.mac.com/d_limiter/pens1.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/d_limiter/pens2.jpg

Edited by dDave

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dDave

• Dillo

• mholve

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful collection...

I have an Art Pen (F) myself and it's a great pen. I still have my Rapidographs from about 20 years ago as well. Quality stuff.

FWIW, that Art Pen should clean up with a little patience and "pen-fu" (LOL). Mine got pretty clogged from sitting in a drawer for ten years with residual ink (d'ohh!). Works great once again.

I'm tempted, but if you ever decide to part out the set...

Hi,

I actually want the whole thing, but I wish there were no such thing as money troubles.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Hi,

I actually want the whole thing, but I wish there were no such thing as money troubles.

Dillon

Howdy,

I'm with you. I'm a grad student coming up on the holidays :o

There hasn't been much interest so far, so it might end up waiting for you.

Best,

Dave

Hi,

Why don't you put it on hold for me? I might have a spare $90 any day now. :D

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon