• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcwaites

• amberleadavis

• dadspens

• Morphling27

OOOHHHH Thank you. I look forward to seeing it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

That does look really nice: seems to be a little softer blue than Liberty's Elysium but not chalky like Upper Ganges Blue (reminds me a bit of PR American Blue).

Don't suppose Goldspot does samples. Although, if it's already sold out, that might be a moot point....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 4 months later...

Just bought two bottles from Goldspot.

This is now one of my favorite blues. My initial impressions are:

1) it's in the "Baystate Blue" family, but is not as in-your-face intense as BSB.

2) well lubricated. Makes the pens I've used it in much smoother.

3)stains nearly every pen/converter I've put it in. I'm trying to find the "magic" potion to get this rinsed out.

4) will NOT come out of clothing.

All that said, I still like it A LOT.

A proper review will be forthcoming.

Tom C.

I look forward to seeing it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

The perfect blue ink - a proper blue colour, that is bulletproof.

However --

Price of bottle of ink - $12

Price of shipping to Aus - $29.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

OH, wow. If I place an order, I'll buy an extra for you and send it my next love letter.

OH, wow. If I place an order, I'll buy an extra for you and send it my next love letter.

That would be great. Reminds me, I have been given some good advice on sterilising bottles, so should be able to get some stuff off to you soon. I just need to find my bottle of Meths.

Granny Aching

The perfect blue ink - a proper blue colour, that is bulletproof.

However --

Price of bottle of ink - $12

Price of shipping to Aus - $29.

You're going to have to move now. :)

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

You're going to have to move now. :)

Yes, but think what that would do to my shipping from JustWrite for the Blackstone inks...

Granny Aching

Interesting ink but mighty dangerous characteristics. It's a bit light for me, so I may stay away from it till later.

fpn_1434432647__fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

Check out my blog at Inks and Pens

If this thing has worse characteristics for staining than The Blue That Shall not be Named, then I think I'll pass. I could at least get TBTSnbN out of pens, and also QSH. This sounds worse than MB Perm. Blue for cleanup. I have other projects besides cleaning a pen that equate to beating one's head against a wall. If I want epic frustration in pen clean up, I'll just use MB Perm. Blue or Sailor Oku-Yama.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan