Twsbi Tomahawk Stub (Photos)

lahlahlaw

Hello FPNers! I want to share my new creation, I call it a Tomahawk stub.

The pen is a TWSBI 540 that belongs to a friend. The nib started off as a <B>, I ground it into a "ramped" stub, meaning that there is no sharp facet on the writing surface. This results in a very smooth springy ride. It's not a flex mod per se, but it does make for a very different writing experience.

Cheers!

Art

post-99778-0-83345400-1410235929_thumb.jpg

post-99778-0-47105500-1410235944_thumb.jpg

Edited by lahlahlaw

@arts_nibs

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• lahlahlaw

• Bo Bo Olson

• mirosc

That..... that looks.... like a deadly weapon.

Definitely looks like something you'd want to stay away from

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I quite like it... Don't really care about flexing, or line variation or whatever extraordinary the mod has to offer.

But it looks pretty cool!!! (I don't know, kinda spider-y?)

Yeah, cool. I actually think it would sell well--if there is even a slight reason the vanes would make it write better. I like the transparent red pen.

Would you give us a line or two written by this pen? Looks like a good stub grind but need some actual work to see how it does.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

Would you give us a line or two written by this pen? Looks like a good stub grind but need some actual work to see how it does.

Enjoy,

Ugh, I already sent it back to its owner:(. But she has much better handwriting than I, I'm sure you'll see it soon here on FPN.

@arts_nibs

:yikes:

you don't want to lick the ink off this one...

That..... that looks.... like a deadly weapon.

Definitely looks like something you'd want to stay away from

I quite like it... Don't really care about flexing, or line variation or whatever extraordinary the mod has to offer.

But it looks pretty cool!!! (I don't know, kinda spider-y?)

Yeah, cool. I actually think it would sell well--if there is even a slight reason the vanes would make it write better. I like the transparent red pen.

Thank you!! I must admit that this is one pen you don't want to leave around ballpoints, they wouldn't survive..

@arts_nibs

• 3 months later...

I LOVE Art's work!

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/20141103_213340.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Close up.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/20141103_213054.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I LOVE Art's work!

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/20141103_213340.jpg

Thank you Amber:-)

Here's a Faber-Castell and Pelikan that I just finished, any pen is game;)!

post-99778-0-50583100-1418341704_thumb.jpg

post-99778-0-95585200-1418341726_thumb.jpg

@arts_nibs

Besides striking, what do these mods supposed to do?

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Hey, we mods don't strike without provocation!!

Oh Mods as in Modifications not as in Moderators. :P

They are springier and flow amazingly well, the real fun is in the difference of size in the strokes.

Sigh, 30 semi-flex, 15 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex, (15 of those flexes in oblique) a number of superflex, mostly easy full flex; a wet noodle & an Ahab Mod.

:vbg: :thumbup: Modern versions.

Happy for you all.....but (where is the hording button) I'm set the old fashioned way.

Here we have this way; others stub or CI their nails to get an interesting nib. Again proving none of the pen companies really listen....out side the mod Falcon and one of the MB nibs on a new 'antique' looking pen.

:wallbash: Customer satisfaction has nothing to do with the bottom line bonus. :gaah:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Okay, here are some written samples to show how they compare.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_2118.jpg

• 2 weeks later...