A Visit To Amber's Den Of Inkniquity

alarickc

.....That last part is of questionable accuracy)

Yesterday I made it out to Amber's Ink Den(law office) in Vegas. To my horror I discovered I was only the second brave fool to make it to the Den, a strange truth indeed. Quickly however I discovered the reason, Amber's side business is as the smoothest dealer this side of the border. Without even the slightest prompting Amber started bringing out flight after flight of enchanting inks, all available to sample. At first it seemed harmless, a little Blue Eel there, some GI Green here. Then she started bringing out the hard stuff: Honore de Balzac, Akkerman, Dromgoole's exclusives. I was overwhelmed, I had brought some Bung Box to the table, but this was ridiculous. I began to think that perhaps there was something more going on here, something strange. Then it really started: Mahatma Gandhi, Blue Diamond, Thistle. Then the hammer: an honest to god free bottle of Dromgoole's Blue Steel. That's when I knew, the real reason Amber doesn't get more visitors at the Den. She isn't pushing for her own gain, no, she's a pusher for the Ink Cartel itself! I'm sad to say she managed to suck me in without much resistance. I am paying my dues however, two bottles of Bung Box are coming her way.

I give Amber's Ink Den 5 stars, will wallow in ink again.

(Medieval epic forthcoming....)

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• alarickc

• zaddick

• Auspice

Top Posters In This Topic

And I thought Ink Cartels were just the salacious stuff of tabloid headlines. :)

I can't (and won't) imagine how fun such a visit might have been, but it almost makes me want to kick Seaworld off my vacation list for Vegas.

Thankfully this Den of Inkniquity is nearly a continent away. I shall try to resist, but I can imagine the dazzling inkiness.

Sounds like someone needs an inktervention.......

Sorry, couldn't resist...... ;)

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Had trouble with reading the original post out loud to my husband without giggling. It's a good thing (or should that be a Good Thing™) that I don't have the money to go to something in Vegas (not pen related) in a few weeks. Because I would surely be sucked into the Vortex of InInkquity....

Although I'm pretty certain I could stand fast against the bottle of Blue Steel. Not a color I like (and not overly enamored of a box with a picture of a big honking revolver on it, either).

So, alarickc -- what is this Bung Box of which you speak?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Bung Box is a house brand of ink Sailor makes for the Bung Box stationary shop in Japan. The inks are beautiful, but a pain to get. I order them five or more at a time through White Rabbit express, a forwarding service in Tokyo.

Saskia has reviews of them up in the ink reviews section, under Sailor.

Edited by alarickc

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Ruth, I am sure I could tempt you with a little bottle of Comanche Rouge......Alaric got one of those too (it was supposed to be Texas Live Oak.)

Anyway, I love visitors...it makes me clean my office.

Thank you, Alaric! I've posted this to you in the mail for a little Co-Razy-View.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_544.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_545.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_546.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_547.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_548.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_549.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_550.jpg

Hmmm. I may need an excuse to visit the Weapons & Tactics Center at Nellis AFB. Coincidence this inktopia is convenient to the USAF Test Range? I THINK NOT! I can neither confirm nor deny the logbooks at Area 51 are kept in Blue Ghost.

Despite the fact that our minor league baseball team is called the 51s -- no aliens are kept at Area 51.

We will not discuss Area 53. :)

BTW, I'm close enough to Nellis, that if you are out here, you really "must" visit.

"... I want to go to Vegas."

"Why?"

"Well, there's this member of the FPN who has a veritable hoard of inks-"

... I think that's the moment I'd be given The Look and my husband would walk right out of the room.

Finally a reason I would want to go to Vegas. Is it sad I would rather look at inks and pens than gamble, eat, and watch shows like my wife? :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Thankfully this Den of Inkniquity is nearly a continent away. I shall try to resist, but I can imagine the dazzling inkiness.

:lticaptd: :lticaptd:

Alaric, given my profession, it seemed like a good idea to weed out the drug reference in the title.

"... I want to go to Vegas."

"Why?"

"Well, there's this member of the FPN who has a veritable hoard of inks-"

... I think that's the moment I'd be given The Look and my husband would walk right out of the room.

But we could cry in our inks together.