Crest Pen? Parker Knockoff?

kudzu

Is this a cheap Parker knockoff? Ebay seller said it was a Parker "51" with a 12K rolled gold cap -- aargh! :crybaby: Not even close!!! :gaah: Has a bent stainless steel nib,says Parker nowhere on it, and the cap clearly is not either gold OR a Parker "51" cap. :bonk: How embarrassing to be taken in by really bad photos and a flat-out wrong description. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/4828432102_72ac43738e_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/4828436718_f7b835a4fa_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4827832317_700a28abc4.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4828446294_3ed44a5e5f.jpg

Edited by kudzu

Kudzu

"I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

Happy Pan Pacific Pen Club Member!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kudzu

• AltecGreen

• kwpalzang

Top Posters In This Topic

Give that eBay seller bad feedback as your last revenge! :headsmack: How does it write?

The above shall not be construed as legal advice under any circumstances

Looks cool anyway! How does it work? How much was it? If it was cheap it may still have been worthwhile.

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

That seller should be beaten with briars and thorns! And reported to eBay promptly.

The Buyer Protection should get your money back to you.

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

Post #252

This post from the Pen Brands World Wide thread in Pen History forum indicates that the Crest is a Japanese pen.

How does it write? Nib is smashed/bent. So, not at all.

The pen was not cheap enough to just write off to experience. I've already asked for a refund. Will have to ship the pen back to England. Grrrr. Haven't heard back from the seller yet. Thanks for letting me vent.

Kudzu

Sorry to hear about this?

Sounds like a pretty dishonest seller. Hopefully the seller comes good in this case.

BTW-why are you bidding on Parker 51's. I'm sure Farmboy can put together a 51 from parts for you. :bunny01:

We missed you yesterday at the Penopoly event. Make sure you free up time in October for the next one.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Ok, Ricky, just between you and me: I was bidding on it because I thought it had a rare, expensive smooth rolled gold P51 cap in addition to being the rarer green color. Got snookered all the way.

Missed the Penopoly Pen Posse because I had a family party to go to. I already asked in the Meetings/Events section if someone took photos. I wanna see pens!

Kudzu

Ok, Ricky, just between you and me: I was bidding on it because I thought it had a rare, expensive smooth rolled gold P51 cap in addition to being the rarer green color. Got snookered all the way.

Missed the Penopoly Pen Posse because I had a family party to go to. I already asked in the Meetings/Events section if someone took photos. I wanna see pens!

I posted the pics in this thread.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/162497-pictures-from-the-penopoly-bbq-7242010/page__pid__1620894#entry1620894

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Wow, that's a bummer...

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Well, the good news is the seller will give me a full refund. As always, the buyer is out the cost of shipping both ways. Better than living with this depressing reminder. So what did I learn from this? When bidding on eBay: get good photos!

Kudzu