pelikan pencil leads

akiva

I have recently obtained a couple of nice pelikan pencils. The seller kindly include leads numered AL 20 and AP 20.

Can any please enlighten me as to size?

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiva

• beluga

• TorPelikan

• gteague

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike Faber-Castell and Lamy, Pelikan treats pencils more like a sideline after fountain pens, ballpoint and rollerballs.

AFAIK, with the exception of the Griffix (2mm leads) and Push (0.7 mm and 0.5 mm leads) pencil, current production Pelikan mechanical pencils all use 0.7 mm refills.

When doing a search on the Pelikan website I found only a reference to 2 mm Griffix leads, which may be an indication that they may have stopped selling other Pelikan branded leads.

That should pose no problem, Faber-Castell have a long tradition manufacturing pencils and offers a range of 0.7 mm leads from 2B (soft) to 2H (hard) in Europe and the US and are my preferred choice.

The most common grade is HB (in the US sometimes referred to as #2) or - my favourite - the slightly softer B (#1 in the US).

If you can't find Faber-Castell, a widely sold brand is Pentel (sold at Staples and Office Depot), but any other grade than HB will be more difficult to find.

B.

Edited by beluga

what lead size does the pelikan 350 model use? i have no way of measuring something that small, but the lead for this pen seems somewhere in between .9 and 2.0 mm.

/guy

Magic is an individual action, undertaken because the cosmos is not believed to be benevolent by nature. ~Maya Deren (The Living Gods of Haiti, London, 1953)

Magic is a craft. when we do magic, we do not wish and we do not pray. We rely upon our will and our knowledge and our skill.~Lev Grossman (The Magicians)

Hello,

Like most of old pencils, old Pelikan pencils include 350, 550, 555 use 1.2mm (or 1.18mm) leads. You can still buy new leads from certain shops.

For example, I bought Yard-O-Led 1.18mm pencil leads from UK seller.

regards,

Tor

Sorry, I've made a mistake.

555 is not a mechanical pencil but a ballpoint.

I have to replace it with 450.

Edited by TorPelikan

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a Pelikan 350 and a 450 pencil to match my vintage pens last year. Lead can be purchased from Art Brown International Shop. Look under refills from Yard-O-Lead. The size is 1.18 and available in HB and B.