Rotring Renaissance

Zeroblade

post-20768-1225040339_thumb.jpg

post-20768-1225040780_thumb.jpg

post-20768-1225040894_thumb.jpg

I've searched a bit around the forums and Google'd it a bit, but I have yet to find any definitive information about it.

It's a piston filler, screw-on cap, probably made out of resin, as it's incredibly light. Measures 5 1/4" or 13.5 cm.The nib seems to be gold, probably 14k. On the nib is engraved, "F rOtring W. Germany", so I'm assuming this was made pre-2000. On the way home, I spotted this on sale for 350 Pesos, about 7 USD, and well, that's unbelievably cheap for a fountain pen, let alone a piston filler. It writes beautifully - nice and smooth, with barely any resistance. It's practically weightless too.

Does anyone know any other information about it? How much was its original price (it was overpriced when it came out, or so I heard), its exact manufacture date, or anything else?

I also grabbed really cheap two bottles of Rotring Brilliant Ink - Ultramarine and Brick Red, but the former has a sour smell (like spoiled milk), the other with an ammonia-like odor, so I'm assuming both of them have gotten all moldy. Does anyone have any info on this either? I figure it'd be better to lump them up in this one thread, rather than split it over two subforums.

edit: grammar errors.

Edited by Zeroblade

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevlight

• Discordianist

• Zeroblade

• penswrite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to have one of these in art school. GREAT pen--great find --congrats! I have no info. except that I loved mine--I lost it.

www.stevelightart.com

• 5 months later...