• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amit.

• inkstainedruth

• meiers

• thesmellofdustafterrain

I'd have to see the color -- not just the bottle of the color. I like some pink inks, but not others. OTOH, I ALSO like Noodler's El Lawrence.... And I don't tend to like "girly" colors of pens, either.

Admittedly, when I saw the header to this thread, I thought it was going to be about some ucky pen like that hideous abomination Marilyn Monroe pen. I defy the designers to walk around in shoes with heels like that for a couple of hours. :glare: Then come back to me and tell me how comfortable they were to wear.... Because if they said their feet and ankles DIDN'T hurt, I'd say "You're lying in your teeth!"

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I agree. The pictures are a bit deceptive sometimes. Better to judge once you get to see it in person.

I'd have to see the color -- not just the bottle of the color. I like some pink inks, but not others. OTOH, I ALSO like Noodler's El Lawrence.... And I don't tend to like "girly" colors of pens, either.

Admittedly, when I saw the header to this thread, I thought it was going to be about some ucky pen like that hideous abomination Marilyn Monroe pen. I defy the designers to walk around in shoes with heels like that for a couple of hours. :glare: Then come back to me and tell me how comfortable they were to wear.... Because if they said their feet and ankles DIDN'T hurt, I'd say "You're lying in your teeth!"

As we have already received the new Montblanc Ladies Edition Pearl ink bottles, we could not resist a quick test:

post-80974-0-30446200-1553345534_thumb.jpg

The ink is just pink. A baby girl pink with some shading. We like the color, even though not all of us are Ladies.

Best regards,

Fritz Schimpf

I'll pass. It's a bit light to be really legible. And reminds me a little of J Herbin Rose Tendresse -- an ink I thought I'd like but which had an undertone which I didn't care for.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

As we have already received the new Montblanc Ladies Edition Pearl ink bottles, we could not resist a quick test:

attachicon.gif Ladies-Edition-Pearl-2.jpg

The ink is just pink. A baby girl pink with some shading. We like the color, even though not all of us are Ladies.

Best regards,

Fritz Schimpf

Thanks for the demonstration. The colour matches the side panel of the box well enough.

It doesn't appeal to me, doesn't appear to have much depth.

I understand the marketing ploy (didn't we learn anything from Bic for Her?)

The association of colour with gender seems very arch in 2019.

Thanks.

I agree with you, CS388.

Frankly pink for ladies??!!!!! It is about time to be original: why not a grey, a brown, or even a red (as long as it is not "screaming" lipstick red?

If they really have/want to gender an ink, they could at least get ou of the installed path!

Personnally pink it is a colour I really dislike, except in nature.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like pink in general.

My perfect pink is something like Sailor colors of 4 seasons Sakura Mori or "bouquet d'antan" from J. Herbin.

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

I've never been a fan of pink so I'm not really the target audience here.

Then again, I don't know any girls over the age of 12 that are into pink. I know a couple of dozen adult men who adore that colour. Not sure I see the value of marketing to a specific gender in this day and age. But for a pink, it's pretty enough.

petrichor

Ladies-Edition-Pearl-2.jpg

Best regards,

Fritz Schimpf

Thanks for sharing this writing sample.

Did you use a BB nib? The nib puts down a beautiful line.

Edited by meiers

Thank you for showing the writing sample. I do like pink :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:. And it doesn't have to be screamin' hot pink, either. But, any pink must have some shading to it, which this one does. It looks like it would be good for highlighting, annotations and love letters (and my husband even likes pink!).

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today