Diamine Gibson Les Paul Guitar Inks

NickiStew

002.jpg

So what’s the story here? Diamine were asked to create a range of coloured fountain inks to celebrate the heritage of some of the Sunburst, Burst and Pelham Blue finishes that Gibson have employed on the bodies of their iconic Les Paul guitars. The Pelham Blue may be a little dark in comparison to the real thing, but otherwise, a very pleasing range indeed. Lovely blending and subtle chromatography with neon gold reactions with bleach and the inks all write beautifully.

These were originally a German exclusive but are now available from stockists worldwide.

les-paul-finishes.jpg

001.jpg

Edited by NickiStew

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stompie

• NickiStew

• The Good Captain

• aurore

A lovely presentation, Nick, thank you!

Seeking a Parker Duofold Centennial cap top medallion/cover/decal.
My Mosaic Black Centennial MK2 lost it (used to have silver color decal).

Preferably MK2. MK3 or MK1 is also OK as long as it fits.  
Preferably EU.

I'll be onto CP directly!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

As a guitar nerd, these look awesome! Here's to hoping that a US retailer starts selling them soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Darn, even though they weren't difficult to get before, making them far more easier to acquire will probably mean another ink bottle in my desk....one of the brown ones...don't need it, probably have something very similar to it, but...tempting...very tempting.....

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Being released worldwide? YAAAAY! Of course my poor wallet is going "BOOOO" since we just got the credit card bill in the mail yesterday from the trip East for Christmas; and then this morning driving to work my husband apparently hit a pothole on the highway.... So now we're going to need a wheel alignment, and a couple of tires (since you need to rotate them in pairs) and maybe a new wheel.... :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Got them!!

Not too impressed with the Tobacco, seems a bit dry to me and not as dark as I was expecting..

The Cherry is nice though.