Identifying Mont Blanc Pen

Maags

Hi. I am sorry for my bad English. I hope it is understandable.

My father inherited a Mont Blanc pen and pencil and is now curious of what models they are, as there is not much information except Made in Germany on the pen itself.

Through some google-searching I found a picture with a pen looking like the one my father has named RED & GOLD TRIPLE STAR MONTBLANC SL FOUNTAIN PEN. Looking up that name only shows a few results though, so I am not sure whether it is correct or not.

Because of the star on the pen I tried looking up Mont Blanc Starwalker pens but could not find a match here either.

I hope you can help me identifying what models the pen and pencil are.

I have attached two pictures that I hope can make it easier identifying them.

post-147288-0-08945700-1546776750_thumb.jpg

post-147288-0-90250000-1546776758_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance

Best regards, Maags

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kalessin

• jar

• Timotheus

• Maags

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IIRC, a SlimLine.

http://www.fototime.com/95547AE3213CCA3/orig.gif

Edited by jar

The red pens in the pictures are from a model series called "SlimLine", also sold by Montblanc under the names "SL" and "S-line".

They were available in a number of colors in this finish: black, red, blue, brown, white and maybe more. They were also available in stainless steel. They're a very simple and durable design, and the fountain pen will fill with either the original (but not current) Montblanc converter, the Pelikan converter, or Standard International cartridges.

They are related to the earlier Noblesse and VIP series, and a little bit to the later Noblesse Oblige series. The SlimLine models specifically have the black plastic button at the end of the clip with a little Montblanc star on it; if there's no plastic button, it's a Noblesse.

The VIP, Noblesse and Slimeline models were made in the 1970s, part of the fashion at the time for slim metal pens with minimalist, modern appearance (for a similar design from another maker, search the net for the Aurora Hastil). They were positioned in the middle level of Montblanc's offerings at the time, below the Meisterstuck and "numbered model" series and above the Carerra/Caressa series. You can think of their market position as "office grade".

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Thanks for the information; I have the black one. On the nib, there is no indication of its size.

Italix Captain's Commission F – Italix Parson's Essential F – Kaweco Dia2 EF – Pilot Custom 74 SF – Sailor 1911 Simply Black F – TWSBI Classic EF – Rotring Altro F

“As for the qualities of which you may know, ‘These qualities lead to dispassion, not to passion; to being unfettered, not to being fettered; to shedding, not to accumulating; to modesty, not to self-aggrandizement; to contentment, not to discontent; to seclusion, not to entanglement; to aroused persistence, not to laziness; to being unburdensome, not to being burdensome’: You may definitely hold, ‘This is the Dhamma, this is the Vinaya, this is the Teacher’s instruction.’”