Best Chinese Fountain Pen That Uses A Lamy-Style Nib?

Rotring600user

What are the best Chinese fountain pens that use a Lamy style nib?

Thanks, (or) Hope that helped,

Rotring600user

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rotring600user

• Mech-for-i

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's going to be a question that's typically had not an absolute answer .... the nib form factor had been used on numerous model from cheap student pen to mid range metal bodied as well as numerous variation of the Safari copies as well as many a Demonstrator / Piston fillers ... in general they all use the generic ( same style ) feed with a few exception and I have found that the black feed generally perform better than the transparent feed.

So in the end you might want to check he followings :

• do you want a Demonstrator or not
  • do you want it Piston filling or C/C filling
  • do you want it to have a metal body vs thermo-injection plastic
  • Nib width , generally most had just the EF or F nib but Hero and Lanbitou both offer M nib ( or if you are providing your own nib )
  • Price ..... locale specific . depend on how & where you source and procure

Right now my favorite of these is just a no name generic store brand all clear piston filling demonstrator ( aka WS 3009 ) which I had hacked for a Hero 58 nib ( EF ) and the Lanbitou 8049 which is a square profiled lightweight metal construction C/C filler with a like square smoked clear section and M nib equipped

fpn_1514192769__selmy-3009.jpg

fpn_1533515054__lanbitou8049-01.jpg

Edited by Mech-for-i

Now that's going to be a question that's typically had not an absolute answer .... the nib form factor had been used on numerous model from cheap student pen to mid range metal bodied as well as numerous variation of the Safari copies as well as many a Demonstrator / Piston fillers ... in general they all use the generic ( same style ) feed with a few exception and I have found that the black feed generally perform better than the transparent feed.

So in the end you might want to check he followings :

• do you want a Demonstrator or not
  • do you want it Piston filling or C/C filling
  • do you want it to have a metal body vs thermo-injection plastic
  • Nib width , generally most had just the EF or F nib but Hero and Lanbitou both offer M nib ( or if you are providing your own nib )
  • Price ..... locale specific . depend on how & where you source and procure

Right now my favorite of these is just a no name generic store brand all clear piston filling demonstrator ( aka WS 3009 ) which I had hacked for a Hero 58 nib ( EF ) and the Lanbitou 8049 which is a square profiled lightweight metal construction C/C filler with a like square smoked clear section and M nib equipped

fpn_1514192769__selmy-3009.jpg

fpn_1533515054__lanbitou8049-01.jpg

Thanks for your post. I really love how your posts are very informative. By the way, if you own both of these pens, how does the Wing Sung 3009 compare with the Wing Sung 3008? I've seen a lot of praise for the 3008 but not many posts/discussion on the 3009... I have seen on YouTube that someone said the 3009 has a cheaper feel to it than the 3008 though.

Edited by Rotring600user

Rotring600user

well in term of the mechanics the 3008 and 3009 is no different , cosmetics aside , a lot of that had to go into batch variation and I cannot really comment on which is better as I do not own any of them. Its been known that the 3008 and 3009 both had batch variation in term of piston ( click lock or no click lock on earlier batches ) round or triangular section etc etc ....

Being economically priced these pens are I do not expect much in term of robustness though they seem to hold up well in use all of them ..

well in term of the mechanics the 3008 and 3009 is no different , cosmetics aside , a lot of that had to go into batch variation and I cannot really comment on which is better as I do not own any of them. Its been known that the 3008 and 3009 both had batch variation in term of piston ( click lock or no click lock on earlier batches ) round or triangular section etc etc ....

Being economically priced these pens are I do not expect much in term of robustness though they seem to hold up well in use all of them ..

Thanks for the reply. Does the 3009 have the same rusty screw problem as the 3008?

Rotring600user