Aurora Optima - Hairline Crack

RandiSue

I have a beautiful piston fill Aurora Optima but it has a hairline crack in the barrel. I cleaned out the old ink but I haven't tried to use it. Does it have any hope with the crack?

post-136813-0-73237300-1535156250_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• clear1

• Chrissy

• RandiSue

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does the ink smear out?

Small crack or huge crack, Aurora will replace the barrel with a crack and charge same amount of money for that.

If that hairline crack does not hurt the funtionality or your taste, how about using it for a while and send over to Aurora when it gets serious?

Ha! Nothing is quick with Aurora. However, with August coming to an end, the staff might be returning to work, after a month long hiatus, in the next few days. If the queue hasn't already grown too long, turnaround might get down to under six months.

Mind you, I love my Auroras and would not hesitate to acquire more.

Some of the older optima's had shrinkage issues and maybe that is what caused your crack. If so, it's only going to get worse. I would send it in.

Laguna Niguel, California.

• 1 month later...

the magiority of the optima"s have that problem and they sell the pens for more than 500 euro shame to aurora

Celluloid shrinkage/warping on older production Aurora Optima's {1980's} is a known issue.

Later production have not had this issue....

Fred

• 2 months later...

Theese tiny crackles are really annoying, real headache for me(.

I`ve been told by my friends cracks are getting bigger with time (reported for Talentum line also).

Happily, I had no problems with Aurora`s service for repair.

Regards, Alexey

Theese tiny crackles are really annoying, real headache for me(.

I`ve been told by my friends cracks are getting bigger with time (reported for Talentum line also).

Happily, I had no problems with Aurora`s service for repair.

Firstly.............Welcome readytotalk.........Enjoy your time here......Hope to see you around..........{smileyfacetimethingie}

Them rattling sounds can be unsettling for some folks...especially in lungs...........

Cracks in the Talentum....Where? Never heard of this.............Citation{s} Friends or ...........................

Fred

Time flies like an arrow......fruit flies like a banana..............

G.M.