What's Your Favorite Yellow Pen?

truthpil

Pelikan M205 Yellow Highlighter, EF nib.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• TSherbs

• WarrenB

• Houston

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kaweco Art Sport Ametricin

fpn_1515542600__20180110_003703-3.jpg

fpn_1515542533__20180110_003632-3.jpg

I would have never thought that a yellow pen could look so good!

yes, when I was looking at the Kaweco Art Sports I wanted the Amber version, but it was sold out, so I got this one.

I am glad I did, it's my only yellow pen but it's really nice.

Perhaps the Parker Centennial mandarin I would not mind either... :D

I am fond of my older edition Lamy Safari, with black clip and nib. Here is mine, photographed with a current production yellow Safari (silver clip) while visiting the Lamy store in San Francisco.

fpn_1519961997__img_20180109_150645.jpg

Just a few yellow pens...

40444596800_1dd1ecba20_c.jpg

...with a yellow Penbbs 308 on the way.

My favourite is the small, yet perfectly formed, Kaweco Art Sport. It is joined here by the black trimmed Platignum Studio, and the white and yellow Pilot Kakuno. :)

I am fond of my older edition Lamy Safari, with black clip and nib. Here is mine, photographed with a current production yellow Safari (silver clip) while visiting the Lamy store in San Francisco.

fpn_1519961997__img_20180109_150645.jpg

The older version with black clip definitely looked better.

Just a few yellow pens...

40444596800_1dd1ecba20_c.jpg

...with a yellow Penbbs 308 on the way.

My favourite is the small, yet perfectly formed, Kaweco Art Sport. It is joined here by the black trimmed Platignum Studio, and the white and yellow Pilot Kakuno. :)

The Kaweco definitely wins for classiness, but that Platignum has a really nice bumblebee look to it. Can you swap nibs on it like the other Platignum calligraphy pens?

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Still enjoying this topic. I think I've got a new, very specific obsession.

The Kaweco definitely wins for classiness, but that Platignum has a really nice bumblebee look to it.

Ditto!

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

parker duofold mandarin yellow limited edition. IT IS NOT MINE UNFORTUNATELY. but i wish it would!

Captureqsq.pngCapturesq.png

Edited by friedrichwild

+1 the mandarin yellow Duofold would be my favorite too

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

The Kaweco definitely wins for classiness, but that Platignum has a really nice bumblebee look to it. Can you swap nibs on it like the other Platignum calligraphy pens?

Sadly, no, and this model only comes with Medium nibs.

Yellow is not a colour I look for in a pen, but I was just given this by a friend who has no use for it, probably also got it as a gift himself. It's a surprisingly pleasant colour, and not a bad looking pen, although the section is borderline too thin... The cap does screw in which might keep inks from drying. The barrel makes a metal on metal rattle when screwing it from the section, doesn't scream of luxury. Interesting converter.

To be honest my first thought was how to remove the Ferrari logo without messing up the clip; I might just try to cover it up, I see rivets on the underside of the clip holding the small logo shield, it's a brand I really don't identify with. I'm pondering what ink colour would go best, not the black Sheaffer ink it came with.

fpn_1527532411__sheaffer_1.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

My newfound fascination with yellow continues....I've got this classic yellow pen on the way, simple but classy in its own right:

fpn_1527773226__sheaffer_nn_yellow.jpg

fpn_1527773264__sheaffer_nn_yellow_2.jpg

The honey-colored Lingmo Lorelei I posted a picture of earlier arrived today as well. The flecked acrylic is nice, but not as gorgeous as that of the Kaweco Art Sport.

Beautiful! I had never heard about that penmaker before.

Good to know there are more custom acrylic options out there!

This is a custom made yellow pen from Fosforattachicon.gif IMG_20180403_234146_558.jpg

One of my coworker has a really cool yellow Montegrappa Miya in yellow celluloid. Usually not that much of a fan of yellow pens but it is one of the exceptions.

Looks just like this one:

http://www.pw-akkerman.nl/merken/Montegrappa/Collectie/Miya/DSCN7756_Miya_Full_geel.jpg

Bexley Prometheus and Poseidon Magnum II - both in Mandarin yellow. The colors cheer me up on gray Seattle days.....and I find the nibs nicely tuned as well.

post-138776-0-52414800-1527961364_thumb.jpg

post-138776-0-81128900-1527961375_thumb.jpg

This my favourite ever yellow pen pic. I’d love to find one of these to buy! Suspect it would be $$$ though.

This is a fun thread to peruse, I'm glad it got restarted as I hadn't seen it before now. I'll add a couple of pens, though nothing like some of the fantastic vintage, metal, maki-e and celluloid pens shown above.My two Sailors are notable primarily for their nibs, which are amazing writers:1. Sailor Profit 1911 large, 21k music nib stubbed by Mike Masuyama (2009)2. Sailor Naginata Togi Ribbed, 21k music nib stubbed by Greg Minuskin (2009) fpn_1356031220__sailor_1911_music_stub_1fpn_1356031274__sailor_1911_music_stub_1fpn_1356031292__sailor_1911_music_stub_2fpn_1356031314__sailor_naginata_togi_ribfpn_1356031333__sailor_naginata_togi_rib