Big Vintage Ink Bottles

mhphoto

I was going through a box I'd packed a few years back and found something I'd completely forgotten I had: a giant, vintage bottle of Waterman Blue Black ink. Does anyone else have something similar? Please share pics if you do.

post-76584-0-40396200-1506564997_thumb.jpg

post-76584-0-47815700-1506565004_thumb.jpg

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johnboz

• vjones

• mhphoto

• ParkerDuofold

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a beauty! I have plenty of giant old bottles of ink, but don't have a Waterman's one with a metal lid. All of mine have the bakelite tops. Now for the important question... have you tried out the ink yet? :thumbup:

Unfortunately, most of mine are packed away, but I have one photo nearby that has a few of my big bottles:

http://fountainpenlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Vintage-Fountain-Pen-Ink-Bottles-001.jpg

I've got a blog!

Fountain Pen Love

That's a beauty! I have plenty of giant old bottles of ink, but don't have a Waterman's one with a metal lid. All of mine have the bakelite tops. Now for the important question... have you tried out the ink yet? :thumbup:

Unfortunately, most of mine are packed away, but I have one photo nearby that has a few of my big bottles:

http://fountainpenlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Vintage-Fountain-Pen-Ink-Bottles-001.jpg

Hi all,

Very nice collection, Johnboz. :thumbup:

I have a 16 oz. bottle of yellow label Waterman blue-black; a 4 oz. bottle of Quink b/b with Solv-X and a few 2 oz. bottles of Sheaffer in Peacock, King's Gold and their original b/b, but that's about all I have with vintage inks.

Be well all and enjoy life. :)

- Anthony

Wow, 32 ounces of ink....

It would take me six years to finish a 32 oz bottle,

:bawl:

There isnt an imogee for someone pulling their own hair out, this will have to suffice.

Hi all,

Very nice collection, Johnboz. :thumbup:

I have a 16 oz. bottle of yellow label Waterman blue-black; a 4 oz. bottle of Quink b/b with Solv-X and a few 2 oz. bottles of Sheaffer in Peacock, King's Gold and their original b/b, but that's about all I have with vintage inks.

Be well all and enjoy life. :)

- Anthony

Thanks Anthony,

That's not a bad collection of vintage inks you've got there. They're fun to have around and I feel like acquiring a few bottles is inevitable if you collect vintage pens.

I've got a blog!

Fountain Pen Love

It would take me six years to finish a 32 oz bottle,

:bawl:

There isnt an imogee for someone pulling their own hair out, this will have to suffice.

I noticed all those pictured huge bottles are more than half full, so I guess most people have trouble using that much ink. I was thinking maybe those huge bottles were meant for schools or some place where many people would use the ink.